Devnote Tuesday: Thank you!

SQUAD

KSP is a game I have gotten over a thousand, if not two thousand, hours of fun from. I've stopped playing since the the news about 1.0 and the updates it'd bring, as I did not want to feel burned out by the release of 1.0, and I wanted to play it with fresh eyes.

I'm incredibly eager! All the news I've heard so far is excellent, and it feels like it is going to be incredible. The only thing I _really_ hope for in the future is Multiplayer... but I cannot wait for the neat things that the modding community does with the new stuff in the game. Keep up the good work, Squad!

Now that people know there is an easter egg, I don't give it a week before somebody find it.

I also wonder about Harvs new secret addition. Clouds? Better water?

Congratulations SQUAD for your release, you should be proud you make one of the best games ever.

Easter egg: if you stock a hitchhiker storage container with one male and one female kerbal and leave it alone for, I dunno, about two months... You eventually end up with bonus kerbals!

(Just don't feed them after midnight...)

The fairings are apparently customizable, and can easily be configured to split into two nice, clean pieces.

If you look at the footage at the end closely, the fairings don't separate into two pieces-they break into something like six.

Call it nitpicking, but that's really not how clamshell fairings work, and it looks sloppy.

If you look at the footage at the end closely, the fairings don't separate into two pieces-they break into something like six.

Call it nitpicking, but that's really not how clamshell fairings work, and it looks sloppy.

I might be mistaken, but I believe that is an option when creating the fairings that wasn't shown. Squad loves trolling us and leaving us in the dark about oddly specific things. We will see on Monday.

I joined the party in 2012, just after 0.14 was released, it's hard to think how far we have come....

Harvester, from the bottom of all our hearts, we thank you for this beautiful game work of art, Long may the updates flow...

Edited by qwertyx2y
IFIX :D

This almost made me tear up.. Wow, I am not good at handling change.

I can't believe this is it.. It's going to be 1.0.

Thank you so much Squad.. You guys truly are a role model. The dedication, passion and hardwork that was put to this game was a very inspiring example of how we should be too. You not only made one of the best-selling games on Steam, or even a game that one of the most commended space agencies offered assistance with - You practically changed the lives of many.

Kudos, Squad. Kudos.

Edited by Columbia

I came aboard pretty late - just before .23.5 - but this has pretty quickly become the best game I've ever played. Every update has seen it move in a direction that makes it even more exciting for me. KSP has inspired me to follow space news, watch rocket launches, and read up on history, dive into other space games, and learn C# and Unity coding to mod the game myself. I can't think of another game, early access or otherwise, that has inspired so much in me. Thank you, SQUAD, for all the hard work! I can't wait to see what 1.0 has to offer, and what 1.1 and beyond will bring.

I too am in some tears of joy as I read this. It's been a hell of a journey from playing the game in 13.3 and buying the game in 0.16 and now it's going to be 1.0. Thank you squad for this amazing game that you have created. You have inspired me to follow my dream and become an aerospace engineer or something.

This game means so much to me. and it is all thanks to you SQUAD and the devs, the YouTubers, the modders, followers, retweeters, #savethemagicboulderers, hype train zealots, subscribers, mod junkies, stock extremists, minimalists, whackjobians, beginniners, veterans, Fan Work creators, streamers, SSTO masters, pioneers, boat builders, plane flyers, firework makers, and lurkers. Never forget the lurkers. You all have contributed your time and money to this game in some way, so thank you. ^-^ Have a gift:

I first got it the demo in v0.13___!! I sadly can't remember which iteration of .13 but it was around that time.

It remains as my oldest recorded video to date.

Sincerely, you guys are all amazing. And your guys stories and adventures are proof of it alone. Like we say in LNT, take only pictures, leave only footprints. And flags. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

In my view KSP is not just a game but a unique piece of art. In german someone may call it "Gesamtkunstwerk" ;)

In it's best moments it makes me feel being an astronaut or an engineer, two professions i'm in no way qualified for. Really one of the best games i have played in more than 30 years.

I might be mistaken, but I believe that is an option when creating the fairings that wasn't shown. Squad loves trolling us and leaving us in the dark about oddly specific things. We will see on Monday.

I invite you to come up with a reason why exploding potato chip fairings is ever a good thing. Besides being fairings in the first place.

Looking forwards to trying out this update next week. Good luck with tying up all the loose ends (and with implementing last minute features...). I'll have fun attempting to reproduce a few bugs (as will a sizeable portion of the community) and playing around with the new features to get a feel for the update before attempting a new career (that and waiting for modders some time to update their mods).

It will also be interesting to see what merchandise/retail stuff Maxmaps has been up to for the last several months.

Edit:

I invite you to come up with a reason why exploding potato chip fairings is ever a good thing. Besides being fairings in the first place.

Space mines. :cool:

Edited by Lord Aurelius

Just saw this:

The enclosure is subdivided into panels, which can break off individually or in groups, which means we can have full control over how the fairing will come apart once it’s jettisoned

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111668-Devnote-Tuesday-Fairing-well

I'm feeling it. I haven't been active much on the forums lately, but I tune in every Tuesday for the dev notes. I've got a tear in my eye and a beer in my hand as I consider the release on Monday. Thanks to everyone at Squad, to the modders, the tutorial writers, the streamers, the youtubers, the ship-builders, the WhackJob and to everyone in this incredible community. Here's to all y'all!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.