Devnote Tuesday: Thank you!

SQUAD

Huh. Though would that include fairings sticking together after jettison?

HavesteR? You mind clarifying that?

The enclosure is subdivided into panels, which can break off individually or in groups, which means we can have full control over how the fairing will come apart once it’s jettisoned.

Seems pretty darn clear to me.

Also, this was discussed earlier in the thread. Please be more diligent about reading through before panicking.

Having just awaken in the UK and finding this surreal (perelease???) devote is a wonderful thing.

1.0... Congratulations guys, you've accomplished a great achievement. Well Done. Although my occasional criticism of your business processes may at times seems a bit harsh, it withers away in the shadow cast by the quality and extent of your creation.

Looking forward to 1.0 and helping you find stuff that's still broken ;-)

Now... 1.1 anyone???

(now... need... coffee...)

Easter egg: if you stock a hitchhiker storage container with one male and one female kerbal and leave it alone for, I dunno, about two months... You eventually end up with bonus kerbals!

(Just don't feed them after midnight...)

epic perv high five? jk.

I won't thank you Squad, as that's too unoriginal. Instead, I'll recommend this game to literally everyone of my friends and persuade them to buy it (with my inner Steve Jobs ;) ).

is that h in harvesteR's section some sort of code?

That's a hint to the Easter egg mentioned by RoverDude. I think.

H.

Holder. hCube? Hawkins. Hawk. Animal. Animals. Wild life. THE EASTER EGG IS WILD LIFE! IT'S EVERYWHERE! BIRDS! MONKEYS! ELEPHANTS! ALL GREEN AND KERBAL OhmYGOd i SoLVED ThE cODE!11!!

Awesome devnotes, awesome features (science lab!!), really stoked for the update.

Dying to know what Harvester hinted at. Clouds maybe? Please let it be clouds...

Addendum ( = edit ): I am honestly willing to pay again for this game. You charge way too low for the fun that I got out of this game. More than 1500 hours since I bought it and I have never regret it. So THANK YOU, dev team. Please stay awesome.

Edited by ShadowZone

A big wholeheartedly meant THANK YOU to Squad and the modders. Cheers for some great final devnotes before the big release day.

I can't await it. Next weeks are going to be filled with awesomeness, xplosions and SCIENCE!

Before 1.0 hits, I too, want to say a big thank you to Squad for producing this great game, to the YouTubers who helped me learn how to orbit, go to worlds a far, and bring my imagination to reality, and finally to the forum at large for inspiration, hilarious postings, and developer quality mods.

I bought KSP after 0.18 and also just after falling in love with my first course in orbital mechanics and rocket science as a sophomore in Aerospace Engineering. The build-fly-dream playstyle of KSP kept my aerospace dreams alive through the tough courses and late nights in the computer lab with gravity turn rockets, orbital rendezvous, and 3 body programs until now, where I started working with trajectories at a company who names their rockets and spacecraft after birds of prey and mythical flying creatures ;).

Following the hype for every release and looking back at how far this game has come, brings a strong sense of both nostalgia and excitement for 1.0! To the best $23 I have ever spent and only joyful tears!!

Edited by aeroeng14

Hurray, looking forward for this 1.0 release

Thank you guys from SQUAD for you effort and everything you put into this game.

The best spent 17 EURos in my life.

Have a nice day and enjoy the rest after 4 years :) You deserve it.

I think this is the third time I ever wrote in the forum (at least one post was lost in the datapocalypse some time ago).

I've been playing KSP since v0.7.3.

I remember quite well when I started it up the first time, it was late at night, but even with an hard day at work looming on me the day after, I spent a sizeable chunk of the night just throwing rockets at the sky.

I've seen all of the Scott Manley almost from the beginning, and reading the forum and checking the mods have been part of my daily routine for the last few years.

I've understood more about orbital mechanics from KSP than all the science studies I did in my life, and it revamped my interests in astronomy.

I've bought multiple copies of KSP to gift friends with.

Well, i guess that what I wanted to say was just :

Thank you Squad, for Kerbal Space Program, Jeb and all the fish.

Edited by Giovanni.Lucifugo

Loved this game from the first rocket I built (and because of my non-existent staging skills back then, the engine and the parachute went off at the same time!!)

Thank you for working so hard to deliver one of the best (if not the best) gaming experiences of my life.

Best of wishes to you all, looking forward to the release.

Great news, always excited about a new release. I just hope that all the fixes Squad made will make the game playable again on OS X (Yosemite), because 0.90 crashed every 10 minutes because of memory leaks... For new things and special features, I would like clouds/rings/new gas giant/planetary shadows (a.k.a. proper eclipses).

That's a hint to the Easter egg mentioned by RoverDude. I think.

H.

Holder. hCube? Hawkins. Hawk. Animal. Animals. Wild life. THE EASTER EGG IS WILD LIFE! IT'S EVERYWHERE! BIRDS! MONKEYS! ELEPHANTS! ALL GREEN AND KERBAL OhmYGOd i SoLVED ThE cODE!11!!

Half Life 3 confirmed!

Thank you! I think I haven't said that enough in the last four years.

Thank you Felipe, for envisioning this great game, and for doing it despite all odds.

Thank you SQUAD, not only for a great game, but for the deep insight into your project work.

Thank you for the great community management, and demonstrating that agile development can actually work for games as well.

The game is great, but what amazed me the most was how you went from amateurs to a well-organized and agile development company. I can't remember a single commercial studio that is so transparent and has such healthy relations to its customers. I have probably read every single devnote (and the stuff that was published earlier). I have quoted multiple passages from them to my team mates and my own project leader. I hope this is just the beginning of SQUAD, and that you are able to create many more exciting projects - be it something in addition to KSP or otherwise.

Now, after 4 years of this experience it feels like I mugged you by just investing about 10 dollars into this game. I will find new ways to spend money on you.

Yes, thank you so much SQUAD! I have been waiting for a game like this all my life. Lego in space! I have lost countless hours of sleep, my performance has dropped at work due to fatigue, I've abandoned ALL other games and had tellings-off from the wife all for KSP. I'm even spending money to stream this great game on Twitch! I don't regret a single second :) You've also gathered together the best on-line community I've come across so far.

Best of luck with the release of 1.0! :D

Y'all had me at the science lab changes... will science gain overall be tuned to a more sensible level to account for this? (It's currently very high and easy to max the tree...)
I'm looking forward to trying out the new science lab. Hopefully, this change noted two weeks ago will help with not previously needing to venture beyond Kerbin's moons, to fill out the tech tree:
...several new nodes have been added, including a few tier 8 ones, costing 1000 science.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.