Devnote Tuesday: Thank you!

SQUAD

Actually, most of 'us' use OS X for other than gaming as first priority, but it is a valid expectation to have a properly working game on every platform that it is being sold for. I also went back from 0.90 to a previous version, because the memory leaking was ruining my favourite game... But let's hope Squad fixed this for 1.0 :)

OSX? Mac OS?

I didn't know there was a memory leak on that OS. Well hope they fix it for you 2.5% who use Macintosh Computers for gaming.

Mac OSX is actually a lot more viable for gaming than it ever used to be. Steam has quite a few games (including AAA) titles available for it. Granted, they're graphics drivers are still behind what's available for Windows and Linux, and Apple tends to prioritize skinny and quiet over proper cooling so you'll have a lot of throttling and overheating issues, but gaming is one area where Apple has improved a lot in recent years. Disclaimer: I don't (and probably won't ever as long as Apple continues to use planned obsolescence and "magic" to sell their products) own any Apple products.

Edit: As the previous post said, it's reasonable to assume that if a game is available for a platform it should work properly on it. There's not much worse in gaming than your chosen platform getting a terribly optimized, crippled port of an otherwise awesome game (other than possibly not having the game available at all due to exclusivity agreements).

Edited by Lord Aurelius

<figure class="tmblr-full" data-orig-height="92" data-orig-width="480">

</figure>Many Cheers to everyone, and happy launchings! See you on the other side!

Quickly, why is the "H" in happy bold?

SPECULATE!

On another note, thank you, Squad, for making probably my most played game of all time. Worth every cent.

Congrats to Porkjet for graduating!

1.0 is upon us. Wow. Sounds like a lot of cool stuff lies straight ahead; I just hope Squad don't kill themselves in the final push to meet their (still-somewhat-crazy-seeming) deadline.

I'm glad that there's been so much gratitude in this thread. Felipe and his team deserve all the praise and thanks and more. Kerbal Space Program is quite simply extraordinary. I've played a lot of computer games since the day I took my new Apple Galaxian diskette out of its ziploc bag (forget reminiscing about the days when we went to the store to buy software in a box...I remember when there wasn't even the box!), but I've never had an experience quite like KSP. Outside of the Civilization series, it has no rival in terms of hours played; and in terms of being enriching and rewarding, it stands alone.

I can't believe it's almost three years now since I jumped on the bandwagon (for the criminally low price of $15...add me to the list of people eager to buy a bit of DLC down the road). I hope I'm still playing--and there are still new things to experience--three years from now.

the Lab now works much more like a long-term research facility. Now, when you run experiments, you can transfer data to the lab just as before, but instead of a quick process for a small boost in the xmit factor, the data fed to the lab will generate a steady output of Science for a very long time, ultimately yielding far more science than transmitting or even recovering. This, of course, requires the labs to be manned by scientists, and have a steady supply of electricity. It should greatly increase the benefits of setting up orbiting science stations and surface bases, however, and also give you good reason to visit them every now and then. (The data does decay after a while, and the labs can only hold so much processed data before having to transmit, so don’t expect to be able to timewarp your way to infinite science)

Thank you, Squad. We've been begging for some variant of this forever. You've finally given space stations a purpose beyond being gas stations.

Now if you'd please make a tiny probe-equivalent that does the same thing but at an nth the effectiveness/speed/capacity we'd finally have a purpose for satellites as well.

WHY IS THE "H" BOLDED? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! #KerbalKountdown?
is that h in harvesteR's section some sort of code?
That's a hint to the Easter egg mentioned by RoverDude. I think.

H.

Holder. hCube? Hawkins. Hawk. Animal. Animals. Wild life. THE EASTER EGG IS WILD LIFE! IT'S EVERYWHERE! BIRDS! MONKEYS! ELEPHANTS! ALL GREEN AND KERBAL OhmYGOd i SoLVED ThE cODE!11!!

Quickly, why is the "H" in happy bold?

SPECULATE!

On another note, thank you, Squad, for making probably my most played game of all time. Worth every cent.

Congrats to Porkjet for graduating!

Yeah, that bolded h is DRIVING ME NUTS. You know what? I'm pretty damn sure I've seen this in other devnotes. No time to dig that now, but probably will tonight.

Anyway, I'm here since 0.17, and I'm with the people saying best money spent ever. Two+ years of plain ole' fun for the price of a good lunch.

I've been severely critical of the game in this last stage, going with the "not ready for 1.0" crowd, the "save the round-8" crowd, the "bet it's gonna be a broken release" crowd... and mostly I was wrong.

T'is an awesome game, and will have an awesome release. You had my thumbs up from early access, you'll still get my thumbs up on 1.0. Congratulations on release, best wishes on KSP 1.0. Hell, best wishes on KSP 2, or whatever other game you decide to make after that (assuming you do).

(But seriously, ditch Reddit as primary channel. Make some hype there, but link to the full article here. Seriously. There's a "KSP community" link to here from the game start menu for a reason ;) )

I just wanted to correct myself.

KSP is not the best money I spent ever.

Some ten years ago, there was a Megadeth concert in a nearby city, 2 hours drive from here. Ticket was R$80. I got there with my friend and no ticket, hoping we could buy one from those guys who sell at the entrance line (granted, more expensive than the official price, buy hey, they were sold out so what could we do?).

Turns out those guys were having such a hard time selling their tickets they actually lowered the price. We got ours for R$60, but we later heard from people who got it for as low as R$20 just prior to the gates opening. That was like, some US$10 at the time?

Oh. Did I mention the two magical words?

FREE.

BEER?

So, yeah. Second best money spent, ever. Still pretty good tho, right? Thanks, SQUAD!

Edited by monstah

I am honestly willing to pay again for this game. You charge way too low for the fun that I got out of this game. More than 1500 hours since I bought it and I have never regret it.

If you feel that way, why not buy another copy... and gift it to a friend! :)

I'm sorry, but I seem to have found a game breaking bug in naught but the screenshots!

If this isn't fixed, I don't know if I can possibly enjoy this game!

JEB IS SCARED!

Even more than that! Our beloved Jebediah is terrified while Bill is happy?

WHO MADE JEB A COWARD? NOOOOOO!!!

Jeb%20what%20happened.jpg

In serious news:

I AM SO STOKED!

JEB IS SCARED!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81087764/Jeb%20what%20happened.jpg

In serious news:

I AM SO STOKED!

"Jeb? Are you okay? You're actually scared that we are going to die."

Yeah, I hope somebody at Squad or in the Experimentals team noticed that, otherwise the game would be ruined for everyone.

Thank you, Squad . This game is an amazing experience and I'm happy to say I incited 21 persons to buy KSP and they now curse me cause they are totally addict to it :D

A game wich allows ppl to have fun AND to learn about rocketry, astronautic, physic... A game I like launch every day even after several thousands hours.

Merci pour ce jeu absolument sublime! :D

I'm sorry, but I seem to have found a game breaking bug in naught but the screenshots!

If this isn't fixed, I don't know if I can possibly enjoy this game!

JEB IS SCARED!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81087764/Jeb%20what%20happened.jpg

All that's happening here is that Valentina is taking full control of the plane, hence Jeb's and Bill's different expressions.

Thank you Squad, I don't really remember when I started playing KSP, it was back before magnetic docking ports if I remember right. I went away for a bit the found mention of Nyrath's 'Orion' mod and came back in hurry. Went away for a bit but lurked on the forums until I found the (in?)famous Wackjob post '...full of grief and coffee'. Somehow that combination nuclear explosions and glorious over the top and out of this world engineering appealed to the kid in me, the kid that stayed up with his father when he was six until midnight to watch the newsreel of the Apollo 11 mission, the child that found Disneyland boring and never wanted to leave Cape Kennedy when the family went to Florida.

I sat down and thought hard when I saw 1.0 was coming out in less that week, and I realized that already this game to me as surpassed milestones that I thought would never be passed, KSP has, to me, been my new favourite game, it has been more enjoyable than X-Com: UFO Defense and Master of Orion (the 1st one). I have played this game longer than EverQuest and Asheron's Call.

And it has just begun, this is just 1.0....oh my.

Well, It is finally here. Release Day.

Back in 2011, I wondered if Squad would make it. I started playing with version .7. I posted a lengthy diatribe on their development maturity (or lack thereof) back then, and a long list of milestones that they would need to achieve to make it. Unfortunately it was eaten by the great April Forum crash.

I am happy to note that all of my "predictions" came true. Squad really buckled down and became a serious gaming development team, comprising development, staging, QA, play testing, bug tracking, Project management, marketing, social media, kerbalcon, and so many other major activities that were needed to get to this point.

I had faith in you then, and plunked my money down a soon as I could after you started taking "donations" as they were called back then (I paid 10 bucks). I remember flying to the sun when there was no sun. I remember trying to figure out how in the H** do I get back to kerbin???

I remember "begging" for docking back around .15. I remember so many days of patiently listening to all the moaners about an alpha game that had much more polish than most alpha games. I remember the day you hit 25,000 forum members... I remember...

Anyway, thanks for creating such a fantastic gaming environment. I will enjoy this game long into the future. Thanks to the community that was patient with me as I started modding and thanks to those that use my meager offerings and push me to make it better. Thanks to the amazing modders that have made KSP something special since the beginning, and that have helped me to "learn the ropes".

Finally, thanks harvester and team for "seeing it through" when it seemed like the pressure could break you all. Congrats on getting married in the midst of an alpha release, and to the rest of the team who experienced much of the same obstacles, joy and excitement that comes with developing something special.

I salute you!

Edited by Papa_Joe

KSP has, and always shall be, the best $23 I've ever spent.

Thank you, SQUAD :)

Same...515 hours logged on Steam and at least that many more, if not 2x, playing not logged by Steam + 40+ hours in the .18 demo.

Fixed that for you. Isn't valentina supposed to be a big part of this release? :)

In English, "he" doubles as the gender neutral pronoun. And from an historical perspective, it's probably more accurate to say that it doubles as a gender specific pronoun since the gender neutral meaning came first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.