Harv's 'Long Overdue' Feature?

Akinesis

I think there should be an in-game contract pack you can enable that will not only teach you, but pay you for completing each lesson. Double benefit for the poor newbies who blow up 9 out of every 10 rockets.

I agree. In my opinion, tutorials are best when they come naturally from within the game. The contract system is the perfect way to implement this.

I wonder how many times I've written that sentence. It feels like a lot.

A Duck!

Seriously, it has to be a LAUNCH button. First time I played I stared at the screen in confusion until I facerolled the keyboard... which worked! (Nose must have caught the space-bar.)

I'm surprised, nobody guessed it right so far!

I'm not going to spoil it though, but I'll debunk a few assumptions:

* It's not something I've been working on in the backburner (I wish I had that kind of spare time).

* It really was implemented from scratch in the span of 2 days.

And a little hint: Try to imagine it's your first time playing. Everyone's ideas are way too advanced.

Have fun! :)

Cheers

I got it! The navball is open by default on the map screen!

Proper outsides for VAB and SPH?

If it's nighttime, then show night. If it's daytime, then show day.

Or this, This sounds good too.

I like this idea... a big red button that says "LAUNCH"
Two days to crap out a button that does what the spacebar is already hooked up for? That's pretty much the laziest development I've heard of; give Harv some credit at least, you guys.

The theory I like best is an either a beacon to locate KSC, or a marker for the best direction to launch into space.

Ah, I know! How about a keyboard map, showing what all the buttons do. (Seriously, I still don't think I know all the buttons).

I like the keyboard map idea! being new myself, I would love that feature...

How about defaulting the parachute to the last stage? ;) Not that I forget and accidentally deploy the parachute on launch. Every. Freaking. Time.

No worries, your launch clamps (that defaulted to somewhere in the middle held your rocket in place so nothing bad could happen.

(I started with .23.5 - ARM) I read a lot of stuff before I figured out Science. I learned that you didn't need a full rocket, or go anywhere! You could just launch a command pod... and then right-click on it, crew report, eva report - for your first little bits of Science. The game needs a Science UI, to consolidate the myriad ways of gathering science. But that is probably more than a 2 day job, it would tie into a lot of parts, and most of them can be copied many times on crafts.

Ah, I know! How about a keyboard map, showing what all the buttons do. (Seriously, I still don't think I know all the buttons).

This must surely be correct. Literally the first thing I do in any game is go to the configure keyboard screen, just so I can find out what all the buttons are. Besides showing the buttons, maybe remapping them too?

I'm into In game tutorial.

Yeah, we got the normal ones, but let's face it, most people don't play tutorials on theirs first playthrough.

Too many people fail into their first steps because they don't want to bother with those things.

It just makes sense.

I'm into In game tutorial.

Yeah, we got the normal ones, but let's face it, most people don't play tutorials on theirs first playthrough.

Too many people fail into their first steps because they don't want to bother with those things.

It just makes sense.

There are already a bunch of 1st time screens telling beginners what to do first. I'm rather assuming some practical/quality of life change.

I'm surprised, nobody guessed it right so far!

I'm not going to spoil it though, but I'll debunk a few assumptions:

* It's not something I've been working on in the backburner (I wish I had that kind of spare time).

* It really was implemented from scratch in the span of 2 days.

And a little hint: Try to imagine it's your first time playing. Everyone's ideas are way too advanced.

Have fun! :)

Cheers

Hmm - One of my biggest problems to begin with, was figuring out how my rocket on the launch pad was oriented relative to the navball. What I felt was tilting to the right when pressing "D" made my rocket not go east.

You'll get my drift :)

Hmmm, expanding on the 'Follow me to orbit' Navball marker...

When stationary on the ground the Ap/Pe jumps all over the place so a node can't be created. If stability has been applied to this glitching/effect when a vehicle is 'landed' then one could create a maneouvre node from the ground. That would be super handy for any required ascent and is completely manual in its implementation. Now, IMO, that would be a great feature/fix. Alas, Harv has stated that it is something coded from scratch, which suggests it's not this.

But still...