Harv's 'Long Overdue' Feature?

Akinesis

I meant steam achievements, sorry if I was unclear.

No, they will not add anything that would require the Steam platform. All versions of the game will be identical regardless of where you get it.

What development experience do you have?

None, it's just common sense. Harv would have to model each type of building, and modeling a quality building takes time. Before all that, there is the planning process. harvesteR would have to plan the building design, the location, frequency, etc. :)

Edited by Engineer Of Stuff
I sounded too negative

No, they will not add anything that would require the Steam platform. All versions of the game will be identical regardless of where you get it.

Some games have ingame achievements that also work with steam.

TBH KSP is one of the games where achievements would benefit a lot to the gameplay. There isn't really a system in the game that shows which planet you've orbited, landed on or returned from and that's quite a miss. It would make me push that extra hard to reach all the moons and planets.

Some games have ingame achievements that also work with steam.

TBH KSP is one of the games where achievements would benefit a lot to the gameplay. There isn't really a system in the game that shows which planet you've orbited, landed on or returned from and that's quite a miss. It would make me push that extra hard to reach all the moons and planets.

That's statistics, a fair bit different from achievements.

Achievements are "Pop culture reference title" "Either extremely simple or something you wouldn't think to do"

So like "One small step for Kerman" "Succeeded in landing on the mun"

or "You shall not dock" "Succeeded in docking after running out of rcs fuel"

Statistics keeps track of everything you've done or accomplished in game. Sometimes with the option to upload to a profile. That'd be neat; people have the KSP Flags project right?

That's statistics, a fair bit different from achievements.

Achievements are "Pop culture reference title" "Either extremely simple or something you wouldn't think to do"

So like "One small step for Kerman" "Succeeded in landing on the mun"

or "You shall not dock" "Succeeded in docking after running out of rcs fuel"

Statistics keeps track of everything you've done or accomplished in game. Sometimes with the option to upload to a profile. That'd be neat; people have the KSP Flags project right?

That's what I mean, each time you orbit, land or return from a planet or moon it gives you an achievement, while most games use steam only for it some games have their own in the ingame menu that work with steam which means KSP could have in game achievements that work together with steam if needed.

Has anyone mentioned craters?

The first launches that resulted in crashes (these were my first launches) I was wondering where is the hole from impact.

Now i understand that it would take longer than two days to create this unless there was some backbone mechanic already to support this feature.

This is one of the only ideas I've seen that wasn't ruled out by Harv and fits his hint. I could imagine a countdown or a crawler as well, but those would both be annoying to experienced players, so I don't see them as likely (even if toggle-able). I think craters from crashes fits well, especially considering the hint about destroy-able buildings: something like "You won't even notice if you're good."

Personally, I always look for tutorials in a new game with complexity like KSP. Since we already have those (and it's not Harv working on them), I can't see introductory (teaching) material as likely. I also can't imagine it'd be Harv working on an intro cutscene or the like, and that would probably take longer than 2 days. I think craters fits because the lack of it is something a brand new player will notice when they crash their first couple rockets, and the destroy-able buildings might have already put in some of the necessary infrastructure.

I'm very disappointed that the new feature won't be clouds. Craters would be a nice addition, but I think clouds are the most important cosmetic update KSP is still missing.

...and the destroy-able buildings might have already put in some of the necessary infrastructure.

I'm very disappointed that the new feature won't be clouds. Craters would be a nice addition, but I think clouds are the most important cosmetic update KSP is still missing.

I started playint only a year ago at version 23.5, and the clouds or storms was something I was looking for first, and second was where is the burned out crater. Storms and lightning can really mess up a launch. Craters would be a reminder of prior science experiments.

The buildings can now be destroyed and I find it hard to believe that all that programming potential is left behind every time we launch away from the KSC, that is destroy-able structures should exist throughout the KSP system. For now I will settle for the scorched crater hole.

I am hyping for the scorched crater hole.

Has anybody crashed into the mun arch. I have but not since 0.90. Would it be funny that nobody has tried this?

Moving to top of to do list in 1.0 - Project Mun Arch Structural Impact Test For Science

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

Also it'd open the door for the concept of deformable terrain. We could crash stuff in just such a way as to level out an area for our Mun base.

I would think deformable terrain would be far more difficult than just a couple of days work. If it is "impact craters" then it is probably just a surface decal.

I think his big surprise is going to be Unity 5. 64 bit memory usage is the feature that has been missing for the longest time and the most important feature needed.

Imagine the reaction if that's what 1.0 turned out to be. With a message "Yeah we decided not to implement a bunch of stuff you can already use mods to do and just implement the most important feature that mods can't provide. Unlimited RAM boys, cut sick on the mods now." Harvester.

I don't actually think that's what is going to happen but I can dream.

Wishing really, really hard. Well, 2.0 should be out in a few weeks. Maybe then....

- - - Updated - - -

Ability to drag the navball around to see where your target is? Anti-target marker on the navball?

After a few days of thinking, I have an idea of what he might have implemented in 2 days. It wouldn't require much testing at all. A while back, the Devs mentioned people having problems at launch because they didn't know how to throttle up or turn on SAS. That's why they increased the default throttle to 50%. So maybe he added a window that opens up when you launch your first rocket in a new save. It'd quickly run through the controls and could have an option to "not see it again" after that. It's that or optional default throttle levels at launch :P

I know what it is, For a long time we've had this sharing of spacecrafts right? One thing that would that really simple, that is an Export button for your spacecraft, that automatically uploads it to the site. Rather than having to fiddle through directories and such.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BE THIS! Harv is finally going to fix the issue with mirrored or radially copied parts not copying the action key settings!

This is probably the most aggravating issues that's been around in KSP since forever! PLEASE BE THIS!