Harv's 'Long Overdue' Feature?

Akinesis

My guess is some sort of discovery mechanic. HarvestR talked about needing it when asteroids were being introduced, and the base system is already there. I'm hoping that's the case, and that camera equipment (for telescopes or unmanned probes) is coming along with it.

The way they wanted to do a delta-v display was apparently not trivial, because as of March 20, it was not likely to make it into 1.0.

I am not 100% sure that we can put in the UI elements that we want to do for the Kerbal skills, so you can see delta-v for example, that kinda stuff... is, ah, we are currently considering it..., it's looking like... a no.

I think it probably will be some kind of ending to the game.

A high-end mission or conditions which will invoke a "you won the game" event and the credits roll.

Not possible. There is always more Space Exploration to be done!

That was posted prior to the 0.90 release. He said possible but not in the time they had before it's release, not 1.0.

Yeah, the comment suggested it was more work than it was worth, frankly. Still about as likely as clouds.

I'm expecting something relatively innocuous.

Yeah, the comment suggested it was more work than it was worth, frankly. Still about as likely as clouds.

I'm expecting something relatively innocuous.

If were innocuous, and not something the community had been asking for, he would have casually mentioned it like the Xenon Round-8 announcement.

No, I feel this is something MANY people have wanted for a long time, not just Harvester.

Not possible. There is always more Space Exploration to be done!

And there's no sense crying over every mistake,

you just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

and the science gets done,

and you make a neat gun,

for the people who are still alive!

My favourite suggestions are:

• Toggle-able radar altitude (would defeat the function in my custom controller)
  • DV readout (though wasn't this already on the cards?)
  • EVA strut placement (My main use for KAS)
  • Alarm system (eg KAC)

My favourite suggestions are:

• Toggle-able radar altitude (would defeat the function in my custom controller)
  • DV readout (though wasn't this already on the cards?)
  • EVA strut placement (My main use for KAS)
  • Alarm system (eg KAC)

ABSOLUTELY this, it would be a dream.

KAS lives, KIS is a separate mod.

Yeah, I just saw that. I thought KIS had all the functionality of KAS plus some, but I hadn't tried KIS yet (plan to in 1.0). However upon reading, I guess they need each other to really work.

Also, I think new players will remember crashing into the Mun with "4077" showing on their altimeter than lack of clouds. I lost a lot of probes doing exactly that prior to my first successful mun landing (I didn't attempt manned landing until I landed a few probes successfully. I think my original save had zero lost kerbals!).

Yeah. I can see this being a big issue with new players. m/s switches depending on the situation. I don't see why the altimeter couldn't as well.

Radar altitude or some kind of alarm clock system seems like the best bet. DV readout was already confirmed a while ago (not in-flight but in the VAB as part of the engineers report), and clouds is a bit too ambitious for two days. Most of the extra time for clouds would be for testing how much lag they caused and optimizing them.

Alarm clock could work by stopping time warp when any vessel hits a maneuver node. They already implemented persistent maneuver nodes and in 1.0 have planned the warp-to-maneuver feature so this is a natural extension.

Another planet, idk if you could call it a feature. But that would be interesting since we haven't gotten one of those in a long time haha. But i might be dreaming

Another planet, idk if you could call it a feature. But that would be interesting since we haven't gotten one of those in a long time haha. But i might be dreaming

I'd rather the current ones get some serious upgrades first. Why should I go to Duna again if I've already been there? Is there something to explore?

Not currently.

Wasn't it then de-confirmed? Either way, it needs to be there during construction and in flight.

I haven't seen anything that would suggest that. Then again, SQUAD hardly releases any information about their official game on their official foru–

Nevermind, we've had this discussion before. -_-