Does anybody have any idea when clouds might be released?

I think it would be awesome if Kerbin could someday look like this from orbit.

Also, what percentage of Kerbin is land?

--EDIT--

For example, I could imagine Kerbin someday looking something like this.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11980.0;attach=19205;image

Of course, my rendition isn\'t as precise as I would like -- the atmosphere is uneven -- but you get the idea...

Well, this is easy to do in a game like sins where it\'s basically just a shell rotating around the planet.

In a game where you fly through it and it still has to look authentic from space. That sounds like a CPU-eater. Harv will pull it off sometime, though, i am pretty sure.

Well, this is easy to do in a game like sins where it\'s basically just a shell rotating around the planet.

In a game where you fly through it and it still has to look authentic from space. That sounds like a CPU-eater. Harv will pull it off sometime, though, i am pretty sure.

Couldn\'t it just be a randomly generated texture with no collision mesh so you can\'t crash into it. You just go through it?

Yes, but where\'s the fun in that? We want clouds to actually affect the craft in some way, and to be able to have thunderstorms. For a spaceflight sim, realistic weather is a must. Perhaps a sort of flimsy mock-up job as you describe could be a placeholder, but the focus should be realistic weather, IMO.

Heh. Yeah, properly simulated clouds are sort of a must for that. We also need to have some sort of provision for atmosphere density that has the potential to crush the spacecraft :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.