[1.x] 5dim Military Contract Pack [v0.4] [2015-05-3]

odin_spain

logo1.png

5dim is a collection of contracts for BDarmory, all made using Contract Configurator!

-= Description =-

5dim is a Contract Pack for BDarmory mod, so you need both mods to use it.

With 5dim mod you can play all career mode without doing non military missions (if you wish). You can complete the tech tree only killing enemies on Kerbin, Mon and Minmus in more than 30 different missions.

This mod change techtree a bit allowing you to have plane earlier. Also, it change techs required and cost of BDarmory weapons.

This pack gives you different kinds of enemies in different places and situations: vehicles, convoys, radar stations, bases outside Kerbin, armed satellites, space carriers to capture.....

5dim mod adds more weapons for space combat.

This mod is compatiple with support live mods. Also you can use more military mods if you wish.

All enemies are in Team B, so you have to play in the default team (A) if you want to enjoy. If you try to control enemy, vessels the game probably crash in any way.

Remenber that targets load when you go to tracking station or fly a vessel.

kkombat1.png

kkombat2.png

kkombat3.png

-= Download =-

Donwload it from CurseForge

(Please, vote in this poll about next changes)

-= Requirements =-

BDarmory

Contract Configurator

ModuleManagement (included)

-=Recommended mods =-

Mechjeb

Anyone which gives you more weapons.

Burn Together (if you need help)

Also you can see my youtube serie about this mod on my channel (in spanish):

-= Changelog =-

[v0.5] [2015-05-12] -

- Better airplanes at start

- Minor fixes about science and money rewards

[v0.4] [2015-05-3] -

- Added a new missile (ASM-135) for space battles.

- Added a new bomb (ASM-135 bomb) for space bombard.

- Weapons are now distributed in differents technologies.

- Compatibility checked with BDArmory 0.8.0.

[v0.3] [2015-04-30] -

- 1.0 compatibility.

- Missions descriptions translated to Spanish (sin acentos, no los coge el kerbal de ninguna forma)

- Problems with names in Linux solved

[v0.2] [2015-04-24] -

- Solved MechJeb in some vehicles.

- Now all vessels have an antenna to be compatible with RemoteTech.

- Added a new drone to do firsts missions easier.

[v0.1] [2015-04-22] -

- Release

-= License =-

The 5dim Military Contract Pack is licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0

-=Notes =-

Thanks to nightingale for his help and his mod.

Thanks to BahamutoD for his awesome mod.

Edited by odin_spain
Removed Adfly link.

Doh!

Oh man, just what I've been waiting for all this time.

Finally a good reason to start using BDarmory again other than doing turn based stuff while using my imagination, this opens up so many cool new possibilities.

Thank you VERY much for this amazing addition and I really hope you will continue with this, this is amazing!

Wow This is too awesome I always wanted to play with BDs, but don't do DMP, and spending the time building targets just to blow them up just never appealed to me. This however does exactly what I would want for a single player experience. Thanks!

tetryds, wasn't it you who was trying to do this but couldn't figure out how to make it work?

I was making a scenario, with a single huge base, but part count went too high and it did not work as I wanted.

Earning cash and science on assault missions is more than what I was thinking of, that's why it's so amazing.

How many different enemy vehicles are there?

yes, i see there are 30 missions, are they specific? Like, do you have to use a ground assault on some and air on others? Are there limits on the firepower you can bring? Don't want it to be "new mission" and then build the same plane with a few sidewinders or the other bigger missile and do that every time. It would be cool if you were limited to using certain weapons for certain scenarios. i.e. "The enemy craft has advanced radar shielding, all missiles besides heat seeking will not work" and make it so you can't use the other missiles. (like if they click launch with a maverick missile a pop up comes up "Missile will not work! Must use heat seeking!")

or similarly "The enemy has thick armor, 20mm guns will not suffice"

"This enemy has missile tracking defense guns, guided missiles will not make it to target, you must use guns or swarm missiles from a rocket pod"

Just some fun ideas. :)

I´m working with BahamutoD doning changes for the next version after Kerbal v1.0, we are changing weapon costs and techtree, because nowadays all weapons are in the same tech level and costs are really cheap.

I don't like to speak about all missions because I 'd like to be a surprise for players, but 5dim mod has missions with moving ground vehicles, air deffenses, armed satellites and ...somethings more :D.

The are a lot of kind of enemies, they start with simple machine guns but they quickly came with missiles and a mixture of weapons.

The most I like is that combats in Kerbin are really different from space or moons combats, so you´d never bored because each combat is different. Sometimes you need an airplane, sometimes a vehicle and sometimes both. So that, BurnTogether will be a good mod to play this missions.

I´m working with BahamutoD doning changes for the next version after Kerbal v1.0, we are changing weapon costs and techtree, because nowadays all weapons are in the same tech level and costs are really cheap.

I don't like to speak about all missions because I 'd like to be a surprise for players, but 5dim mod has missions with moving ground vehicles, air deffenses, armed satellites and ...somethings more :D.

The are a lot of kind of enemies, they start with simple machine guns but they quickly came with missiles and a mixture of weapons.

The most I like is that combats in Kerbin are really different from space or moons combats, so you´d never bored because each combat is different. Sometimes you need an airplane, sometimes a vehicle and sometimes both. So that, BurnTogether will be a good mod to play this missions.

What did you think about what I said about limiting what weapons can be used with what missions to limit the easiness of it?

Well, I guess tech tree integration could somewhat do this.

Although this contract pack seems awesome, I believe I am having a small problem with it. Whenever I accept the first kill-the-drone contract, then launch a craft with weapons, another craft spawns in the runway next to it and the game slows to a horrible crawl (~3 fps). The craft doesn't explode or anything, it just sticks there half out of the runway.

The drone target also spawns off to the side of the runway near the space center, and it can be killed.

BDArmoryContractOddities.png

Here's an output log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/BDArmoryContractOddities.txt

The first couple of times I tried this, I had RealChute installed, and it produced thousands of exceptions in RealChute. The log above doesn't have that - I thought it might be a RealChute conflict and uninstalled it to test. It isn't.

EDIT: Accepting the "Training" contract makes this happen:

BDArmoryContractOddities2.png

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Yes, I know that sometimes it happends, but I can't find the problem, is something about an exception in Kerbal but I can understand the meaning, because it not always happends, and really you can continue playing without problems, the vessels spawns well.

Maybe someone can find the problem.

Yes, I know that sometimes it happends, but I can't find the problem, is something about an exception in Kerbal but I can understand the meaning, because it not always happends, and really you can continue playing without problems, the vessels spawns well.

Maybe someone can find the problem.

Uh, I guess if you consider forevermore having Kerbal run at 3 frames per second "without problems"... For me this happens every single time. New saves too.

Here's the relevant section from AccidentalDissassembly's log:

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at probeCoreCube, index 2.Node 'MechJebCore' found in loaded data, but 'BBModule' is defined in prefab.
Looking for MechJebCore in other indices...

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

...MechJebCore module found at index 9.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at probeCoreCube, index 3.
Node 'ModuleTripLogger' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleAGX' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleTripLogger in other indices...

...ModuleTripLogger module found at index 13.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at Mark2Cockpit, index 5.
Node 'MechJebCore' found in loaded data, but 'BBModule' is defined in prefab.

...MechJebCore module found at index 14.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at Mark2Cockpit, index 6.
Node 'ModuleTripLogger' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleHeatShield' is defined in prefab.

...ModuleTripLogger module found at index 19.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at sweptWing1, index 0.
Node 'ModuleLiftingSurface' found in loaded data, but 'BBModule' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleLiftingSurface in other indices...

...no ModuleLiftingSurface module found on part definition. Skipping...

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at StandardCtrlSrf, index 0.
Node 'ModuleControlSurface' found in loaded data, but 'BBModule' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleControlSurface in other indices...

...no ModuleControlSurface module found on part definition. Skipping...

Node 'ModuleLiftingSurface' found in loaded data, but 'BBModule' is defined in prefab.

Node 'ModuleControlSurface' found in loaded data, but 'BBModule' is defined in prefab.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at turboFanEngine, index 0.
Node 'ModuleEngines' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleEnginesFX' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleEngines in other indices...

...no ModuleEngines module found on part definition. Skipping...

Node 'ModuleAnimateHeat' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleEnginesFX' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleAnimateHeat in other indices...

...ModuleAnimateHeat module found at index 1.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at turboFanEngine, index 1.
Node 'ModuleGimbal' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleAnimateHeat' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleGimbal in other indices...

...ModuleGimbal module found at index 2.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at turboFanEngine, index 2.
Node 'ModuleAlternator' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleGimbal' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleAlternator in other indices...

...ModuleAlternator module found at index 3.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at turboFanEngine, index 3.
Node 'ModuleTestSubject' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleAlternator' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleTestSubject in other indices...

...ModuleTestSubject module found at index 4.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at winglet3, index 0.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at R8winglet, index 0.

drone-2 loaded!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

What I believe this means:

• When odin_spain created the vessel(s) for this contract pack, he had MechJeb installed, which presumably adds a PartModule to stuff (I'm guessing command pods).
  • AccidentalDissassembly presumably does not have MechJeb installed.SO r

So realistically, the fix would be for odin_spain to recreate these craft files without MechJeb installed. I'l update the documentation with some caveats around this stuff.... I can see plenty of opportunities for this kind of pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the orientation issue will be looked at under [#189] for Contract Configurator.

Interestingly enough, I checked and MechJeb doesn't add a PartModule to stock parts. So I'm guessing you're using the MechJeb and Engineer for all mod to add it automatically. Same issue though. :)

Oh and BTW, I did notice that the license on curse is Public domain, in your thread it's CC-BY-NA-SA-4.0 and there isn't a license.txt with the license info in the download (required by Squad to be allowed to post it here). So you may want to clean that all up.

1. Licenses

All add-ons that are posted on the services maintained by Squad that serve the KSP Community (such as this forum and Curse) must be accompanied by a license that regulates what other users can do with the copyrighted material. This license must be made available in both the download file and in the location the user downloads from (such as a forum post or a Curse listing).

Here's the relevant section from AccidentalDissassembly's log:

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at probeCoreCube, index 2.Node 'MechJebCore' found in loaded data, but 'BBModule' is defined in prefab.

...MechJebCore module found at index 9.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at probeCoreCube, index 3.
Node 'ModuleTripLogger' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleAGX' is defined in prefab.

...ModuleTripLogger module found at index 13.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at Mark2Cockpit, index 5.
Node 'MechJebCore' found in loaded data, but 'BBModule' is defined in prefab.

...MechJebCore module found at index 14.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at Mark2Cockpit, index 6.
Node 'ModuleTripLogger' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleHeatShield' is defined in prefab.

...ModuleTripLogger module found at index 19.

Node 'ModuleEngines' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleEnginesFX' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleEngines in other indices...

...no ModuleEngines module found on part definition. Skipping...

Node 'ModuleAnimateHeat' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleEnginesFX' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleAnimateHeat in other indices...

...ModuleAnimateHeat module found at index 1.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at turboFanEngine, index 1.
Node 'ModuleGimbal' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleAnimateHeat' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleGimbal in other indices...

...ModuleGimbal module found at index 2.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at turboFanEngine, index 2.
Node 'ModuleAlternator' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleGimbal' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleAlternator in other indices...

...ModuleAlternator module found at index 3.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at turboFanEngine, index 3.
Node 'ModuleTestSubject' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleAlternator' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleTestSubject in other indices...

...ModuleTestSubject module found at index 4.

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at winglet3, index 0.

drone-2 loaded!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

What I believe this means:

• When odin_spain created the vessel(s) for this contract pack, he had MechJeb installed, which presumably adds a PartModule to stuff (I'm guessing command pods).
  • AccidentalDissassembly presumably does not have MechJeb installed.SO r

So realistically, the fix would be for odin_spain to recreate these craft files without MechJeb installed. I'l update the documentation with some caveats around this stuff.... I can see plenty of opportunities for this kind of pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the orientation issue will be looked at under [#189] for Contract Configurator.

Huh, actually I did have MechJeb installed - but maybe a different version? I was using the dev version 429 (or something like that).

EDIT: guess you beat me to the punch on that one by a few seconds!

Yup, to clarify - the message "Node 'MechJebCore' found in loaded data, but 'BBModule' is defined in prefab." basically means that the the part definition in the game and the .craft file are inconsistent. And I should also mention that BBModule comes from Better Buoyancy - another one that odin_spain will have to remove to prevent trouble.

So do people sharing .craft files have these problems?? I'd imagine people would've come up with decent solutions for these problems (unless the solution is to "use stock only").

Yup, to clarify - the message "Node 'MechJebCore' found in loaded data, but 'BBModule' is defined in prefab." basically means that the the part definition in the game and the .craft file are inconsistent. And I should also mention that BBModule comes from Better Buoyancy - another one that odin_spain will have to remove to prevent trouble.

So do people sharing .craft files have these problems?? I'd imagine people would've come up with decent solutions for these problems (unless the solution is to "use stock only").

Would it suffice for now to simply remove those modules from the craft files included with the mod? I mean - could that break them as well somehow? I would just assume that would remove the conflict between craft-file-has-this and my-version-of-MechJeb-has-that...

yesterday I realised about that problem about mechjeb, so I removed this part of .craft file (in my pc), but the problem wasn't solve.

Anyway I´ll remove this module and I'm going to update it today.

thanks

Edited by odin_spain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.