[1.x] 5dim Military Contract Pack [v0.4] [2015-05-3]

odin_spain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have issues with the ships spawning in in weird orientations? The training mission they all spawned upside down and blew themselves up when they crashed. The next mission with a plan spawned nose down and but destroyed itself as well. I haven't had another mission become available since.

2 hours ago, Styles2304 said:

Does anyone have issues with the ships spawning in in weird orientations? The training mission they all spawned upside down and blew themselves up when they crashed. The next mission with a plan spawned nose down and but destroyed itself as well. I haven't had another mission become available since.

If I recall, something in the later KSP updates borked spawning of craft other than player-/KSC-based spawns. This is why this pack hasn't been updated much since KSP v1.0 was released.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this still working for 1.1? The Community Plugin Library implied it was and I'm waiting for something to tide me over until VesselMover is updated and this would also be awesome for the Kerbal Aircraft Force section of my career!

Edited by Volt

• 1 month later...

Seriously, could anyone make a fix (or tell how to fix it myself) for enemy drones being halfway stuck in ground? It kinda defeats the purpose for even having contracts when all I find at the target zone (after I finally get there with my barely flying overloaded gunship) is enemy's tank being flung into the air (probably due kerbal krash systems being less keen into blowing stuff at the first possible moment and deforming it instead), where it takes a few shots at me before splatting on the ground and exploding. I can't even hit it with missiles in time. 

• 2 months later...

Well, of course. I ended up fixing my own too, but had to reinstall all the mods to accommodate to the KSP version change after which everything started working as intended out of the box (somehow).

Still, for anyone still having this issue, that would be a great help.

*edit* I didn't realize it at the moment but when I saved the files it changed the file extension from .cfg to .txt, I have fixed the download to include files with .cfg extensions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

*edit 2* The conquer a airbase mission is a bit broken. I've rotated the ships the right way but one of them is on a hill and constantly is glitching around due to some clipping it looks, I may make a new craft for this mission or just try moving it but my efforts to move it to a stable position haven't done much, to complete the mission you need a craft landed on the island airfield within range of the targets otherwise as you approach the island from the KSC you will realize that one of the targets is glitched through the ground.

So I've only fixed the land based missions so far and I haven't gotten a chance to test them all but here's a link to the fixed ones, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uaz4dpzzww8gvel/AAAavCsQ3Wf-JgwsvYSYyYsDa?dl=0

To install them go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractPacks\5dim" and paste the files replacing all that you need to.

As a side note so far it seems that all ground vehicles were rotated 180 deg. while all flyers were rotated 90 deg. so for the contacts I haven't been able to test I've just applied those rotations to try to fix them, if there are problems with the fix just reply with what they are and I'll get on them.

Edited by Mauskreigs

On 9/3/2016 at 5:09 PM, Mycroft said:

Sooo forgive me for asking the obvious question, but is this 1.1 compatible, and if not, any plans at all to become so? This just looks like a really cool idea, but I don't want to use it if it won't work.

It isn't compatible without directly editing the contract config files, I have all of the ground missions edited as well as I can right now in the post right above you and I plan on doing up the space missions asap.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01.09.2016 at 4:35 AM, Mauskreigs said:

*edit* I didn't realize it at the moment but when I saved the files it changed the file extension from .cfg to .txt, I have fixed the download to include files with .cfg extensions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

*edit 2* The conquer a airbase mission is a bit broken. I've rotated the ships the right way but one of them is on a hill and constantly is glitching around due to some clipping it looks, I may make a new craft for this mission or just try moving it but my efforts to move it to a stable position haven't done much, to complete the mission you need a craft landed on the island airfield within range of the targets otherwise as you approach the island from the KSC you will realize that one of the targets is glitched through the ground.

So I've only fixed the land based missions so far and I haven't gotten a chance to test them all but here's a link to the fixed ones, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uaz4dpzzww8gvel/AAAavCsQ3Wf-JgwsvYSYyYsDa?dl=0

To install them go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractPacks\5dim" and paste the files replacing all that you need to.

As a side note so far it seems that all ground vehicles were rotated 180 deg. while all flyers were rotated 90 deg. so for the contacts I haven't been able to test I've just applied those rotations to try to fix them, if there are problems with the fix just reply with what they are and I'll get on them.

Thank you, sooo, sooo much man.. Really.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.