[1.x] 5dim Military Contract Pack [v0.4] [2015-05-3]

odin_spain

Hello,

I tried v0.2 with kerbal 0.90 some days ago on linux and had problems with the provided crafts due to case sensitive file systems. Your spelling in /ContractPacks/5dim/ships/ is not consistent with the spelling in the cfg files. I observed this first on the initially provided plane. To actually get the plane I had to change the filename from 'drone-1.craft' to 'Drone-1.craft'.

I guess at least all drone-x.craft files don't have fitting names, but kerbal 1.0 came in the way so I temporary stopped messing around with this addon and try to relearn how to build a rocket instead :-)

Thanks!!, I´ll check and solve it.

Hello,

I tried v0.2 with kerbal 0.90 some days ago on linux and had problems with the provided crafts due to case sensitive file systems. Your spelling in /ContractPacks/5dim/ships/ is not consistent with the spelling in the cfg files. I observed this first on the initially provided plane. To actually get the plane I had to change the filename from 'drone-1.craft' to 'Drone-1.craft'.

I guess at least all drone-x.craft files don't have fitting names, but kerbal 1.0 came in the way so I temporary stopped messing around with this addon and try to relearn how to build a rocket instead :-)

I don't know if its your mod or the Contract Configurator, but the lastest version makes ghost versions of objectives appear near the ship when you launch it. Also if you can make some sort of BDArmory Tech Tree with module manager, so anyone using this mod will have 500lb Bombs and the Hidden Vulcan at the first tech nodes instead of waiting until precission engineering :wink:

Hi, I´m glad to tell you that I was working in techtree changes, and NOW the new version has been released adding 2 new missiles.

About the ghost vessels...I can´t find the problem ;.;

Enjoy it!

Hello,

I downloaded v0.4 and tried in combination with BD amory 0.8. So far I didn't finished anything trough. Thinks I noticed during initial testing:

- I get the plane as expected now, but apparently aero model of 1.0.2 seem to disagree that this thing can fly :P

- When I accepted the first training mission and go to the tracking station or launch a vehicle for the first time the log gets swarmed with this messages (4MB logfile after 30min kerbal runtime):

[EXC 13:15:01.859] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.ModulesOnStart ()
Part+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 13:15:02.006] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.requestResource (.Part origin, Int32 resourceID, ResourceFlowMode flowMode, Double demand, Int32 requestID)
Part.RequestResource (Int32 resourceID, Double demand)
ModuleCommand.CheckControlSourceState ()
ModuleCommand.FixedUpdate ()

I suspect kerbal isn't fully happy with the way the targets are generated. This stops after going back to the space center and switch to the vessel again.

Ok next step is building a plane that flies. Thanks to your tech-tree changes I have unlocked more than kinetic impactors now :)

Hi,

first good missions so far.

But I found some problems:

Some structure can't fire the AIM120, they stuck and explode.

Sometimes one object of the running mission spawn next to me and stucks in the air. It has no marker but the vehicle is just spawning there.

Update the missions to the latest version plz. You can add for hard missions now the PAC-3

Hi,

first good missions so far.

But I found some problems:

Some structure can't fire the AIM120, they stuck and explode.

Sometimes one object of the running mission spawn next to me and stucks in the air. It has no marker but the vehicle is just spawning there.

Update the missions to the latest version plz. You can add for hard missions now the PAC-3

Hi, some bugs are not really mine. Some vessels are lazy and start shoting later.

The other problem is "ghost ship" near you when start, I cant find this error neither, but I´m working in both.

Ok, I´ll see PAC-3, but the you can play with this because can donwload last version of BDarmory

Hi, I would really like to play this mod but I can't seem to get it to work.

I get the "A basic plane" contract, which completes when you make a basic plane, however the actual contract itself shows a random chartered tour contract.

After completing the contract no more contracts appear from the KKombat agent (I've tried to other contracts and waited many in-game days)

I've tried reinstalling this mod multiple times with no success (I also do not use any other contract mods)

I can't seem to find any specific install notes so my assumption is that it just doesn't want to work with my ksp install (which is up to date and has the mod requirements)

Anyone else having these problems?

Hi, I would really like to play this mod but I can't seem to get it to work.

I get the "A basic plane" contract, which completes when you make a basic plane, however the actual contract itself shows a random chartered tour contract.

After completing the contract no more contracts appear from the KKombat agent (I've tried to other contracts and waited many in-game days)

I've tried reinstalling this mod multiple times with no success (I also do not use any other contract mods)

I can't seem to find any specific install notes so my assumption is that it just doesn't want to work with my ksp install (which is up to date and has the mod requirements)

Anyone else having these problems?

Have you more contracts in your game? maybe other ones tajkes more priority. Try to reject some kerbal deffault missions. I tried my own mod a lot of times and it works, but without more contracts.

Have you more contracts in your game? maybe other ones tajkes more priority. Try to reject some kerbal deffault missions. I tried my own mod a lot of times and it works, but without more contracts.

Yeah I've given that a go many times, unfortunately I've never seen any pop up.

However I have had a generic rescue mission pop up from the KKombat agent, but no custom missions.

Do you know if there is a way to make only the combat missions appear?

[EDIT]

I made a clean install with only the required mods and it works fine, it was probably a mod conflict of some kind, I'll try to identify what caused the conflict later

Edited by NAD5

Thanks, but FASA for all contracts or only my mod?

And please, vote in this poll about future addons in my mod:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/119770

FASA only messes with your contracts, I assume it has something to do with the FASA added agents, I'm just gonna install all the mods I originally had but remove the agents and see if it works.

[EDIT]

I can confirm that this mod will work with mods that have custom agencies if you just remove the agencies introduced by other agencies

Edited by NAD5

I'm curious if it's possible to acquire the 0.90-compatible version of this. I'm still playing 0.90 because I'm waiting on several mods to update and for the game to settle down with patches. I have BDA install for no real reason, so I don't use the weapons. This contract pack would give me a reason, but the only version linked in the ones post-v1.0 of KSP. Unless the newest version is backwards-compatible (which I seriously doubt), any access to the older versions possible? (I've built a nice VTOL that for v0.90 using QuizTech and B9-related parts that's just begging to be armed...)

The current version contract pack should work under older versions of Contract Configurator. Note though that I offer no support for older versions of KSP, so you'll be on your own. :)

The biggest issue will be the "ghost ship" issue that you may have read about in this thread, which won't be fixed until CC 1.0.3 (coming soon).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.