[1.x] 5dim Military Contract Pack [v0.4] [2015-05-3]

odin_spain

I'm eager to try this mod but I'm really apprehensive of any tech tree changes or changes to part cost. Simpler approach of just "destroy this thing over there" would be very nice, I'd download in a heartbeat. I'm also wary of rewards that are too generous, like it was mentioned few posts above.

Basically, odin_spain was hacking around my bugs/limitations, and now that I've gotten around to fixing those issues his hacks break stuff. So be patient, and don't be too hard on him, since it's entirely my fault.

Well i tried to fix (land based) contracts reading contract configurator doc. I removed orbital informations that are not needed for ground vehicles. Ok still upside down. Then i removed altitude, because you say that is automatically calculated for landed vehicles. Still upside down.

Then i added a 90 degrees pitch and it worked. This is puzzling, my only explanation is that the craft itself is rotated 90 degrees. Is that the "workaround" you were talking about?

Oh, another thing. When i entered my new now correctly oriented drone, a bunch of random ships from other contracts appeared right in front of me, causing a huge mess O_O

Well i tried to fix (land based) contracts reading contract configurator doc. I removed orbital informations that are not needed for ground vehicles. Ok still upside down. Then i removed altitude, because you say that is automatically calculated for landed vehicles. Still upside down.

Then i added a 90 degrees pitch and it worked. This is puzzling, my only explanation is that the craft itself is rotated 90 degrees. Is that the "workaround" you were talking about?

Yup, that's exactly it - there was a time when it defaulted all the craft to be pointing straight up (because I mainly tested it with rockets, and assumed that SPH craft would've worked "correctly"). So odin_spain would've had to rotate the craft to make them look right. Ideally he should go fix the .craft files - not sure how many he would have to fix though. :)

Oh, another thing. When i entered my new now correctly oriented drone, a bunch of random ships from other contracts appeared right in front of me, causing a huge mess O_O

This could be a bug, but I'd like some more information. Could you provide:

• A save file (this will list the contracts active/offered/pre-loaded)
  • The contracts the "unexpected" vessels are from (if you can figure it out).
  • A log from when the vessels spawned (if available).

This could be a bug, but I'd like some more information. Could you provide:

• A save file (this will list the contracts active/offered/pre-loaded)
  • The contracts the "unexpected" vessels are from (if you can figure it out).
  • A log from when the vessels spawned (if available).

Well, i could. But it happens quite often (~one load every three) on a basic new game with only first two contracts activated and bdarmory, contracts and mechjeb mod on. So it's probably simple and faster if you try to reproduce it yourself. If you cannot i'll try to provide debug info.

Well, i could. But it happens quite often (~one load every three) on a basic new game with only first two contracts activated and bdarmory, contracts and mechjeb mod on. So it's probably simple and faster if you try to reproduce it yourself. If you cannot i'll try to provide debug info.

I get a lot of support requests - humor me.

Not sure if this helps at all. I found that whenever I have these ghost ships show up, If i quick save and then reload it, it goes away.

4aa7a6adf38c17101acfc4063dac3b04.png

5ec9744db39cc6b7147b8dd8a1af2d5f.png

Edit: Sometimes you have to reload (but not save) more than once.

Edited by Prototype516

I would say, yes, it is. And when it is different, it's only by a little and after I've attempted the Save and Reload method and it didn't go away. Most of the time when it does not go away it just spawns a different ghost ship, but sometimes it will just re-position slightly. Also, it's not always that thing that appears and not always there. Sometimes it's that starter plane/drone, or whatever it is. Other places I've seen it appear is right next to a ship in orbit about the same relative distance. Again I make it go away by saving and reloading. Although for some reason, it takes several more reloads to remove it in those conditions (4 or more).

Yep, that was the same bug i was reporting

Oh and i'm away from my desktop computer for some time, so sorry i can't provide bug reports now

Edited by phas

It's just a matter of removing orbit info and setting the pitch in the configuration file. It's a one-hour job. I started to do that but it's so hot here that my desktop pc crashes for the temperature :rolleyes:

None of the contract vessels are loading at all - I have the contracts active, and I am running:

-5dim Contract Mod (the one in question)

-Contract Configurator

-KAX

-BDArmoury

-QuizTechAero (adds some more airplane parts I find useful)

-Kerbal Foundries

I modified the M1 Abrahms turret and the 105 radial, but that should not affect the starting craft.... Anyway I was wondering why they are not spawning.

I can confirm that the nose-down starter craft is not just happening to people on special occasions. I've loaded 3 different games now, all fresh, and each one ends with the ship stuck in the ground.

However, I believe that the problem itself is in how the ship is spawned in. Whether this is a problem in the contract pack itself or in Contract Configurator is unknown to me, but I can say that the planes are perfectly fine when loaded into the SPH.

-----EDIT-----

I decided to take a look at the contracts, I can't find anything in the SpawnVessel behavior that defines the plane's heading. This actually does seem to be a problem.

Admittedly, I would prefer that it detect how it needs to place the vessel to keep this from happening, but it can be overwritten. I can do that for the basic plane, but that's it.

It would be easiest to go through and figure out where each one is at, then manually set the data that way (i.e. for the basic plane set heading to 90 then roll and pitch to 0, since KSC is completely flat).

-----EDIT 2-----

The problem was, indeed, the configuration. For some reason, Contract Configurator sets a pitch of 0 to be nose down. Turning the plane to 95 degrees fixed it (95 because 90 meant that the wheel was still stuck in the ground).

-----EDIT 3-----

Yes, I know, a lot of edits, but really I was just writing these as I figured out more about the problem.

Speaking of which, the problem is not, I repeat, NOT just in the contract pack (although missing coordinates is a problem); I found that, even with appropriate coordinates, the vessel would load properly, then instantly flip onto the right wing and blow itself to bits.

Why this problem occurs is beyond me, but there's definitely something fishy here.

Edited by Blazer Nitrox

The only problem is the way the vessels were designed. Each one is built around a probe core that is facing skyward. When the vessel is spawned, it tries to orient it with the core facing forward and it ends up sideways.

I copied the .craft files to a sandbox save and edited them to have default forward facing cores. They spawn just fine now. I had to edit the .craft files afterwards to set guard mode to True so that they actually fight you.

Ended up making custom replacements for each craft in the contract pack and have been having a good time.

Might try adding more contracts soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.