"Sir, please do not ride the bomb."

AbacusWizard

Rip aerobraking with capital ships. Especially the ones with actual internals made of wings, where kerbals can walk thru hallways, sit down at tables, sleep in bunks, and then fly the thing on the command deck.

And i just finished oen of the most detailed internals ever that im going to build a SR-1 Normandy replica atop of! That thing WILL be flyable in 1.0 if its the last thing i do!

Rip aerobraking with capital ships. Especially the ones with actual internals made of wings, where kerbals can walk thru hallways, sit down at tables, sleep in bunks, and then fly the thing on the command deck.

And i just finished oen of the most detailed internals ever that im going to build a SR-1 Normandy replica atop of! That thing WILL be flyable in 1.0 if its the last thing i do!

No huge issue aerobraking huge ships, you could always use overlapping heat shields. I think aerodynamic stability is more of an issue, notice how some ships rotate out of control then aerobraking.

In 1.0 the center of drag will be far forward of center of mass, this might easy get the ship to tumble and then burn up. You are likely to need something to increase drag on the rear part of the ship too.

tbh tho the normandy only actuallys goes in atmos like 3 times

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.