With 1.0 we will need a new concept of "Stock" for Spacecraft?

Daze

I had rather supposed that the level of re-entry heating will be different depending on the difficulty setting you chose for your save game, so that starting career on "easy" will have more forgiving re-entry heating than on "hard". On Monday we will find out if this is the case or not.

I really really really hope that the difficult of career doesn't influence "physic"

Setting reentry heat on lower than 100% is for losers!

It's going to be difficult to decide.

I mean, i was going for the normal mode, but having an awesome feature like reentry heat just "half implemented"... I don't like the idea...

Edited by vfernandez84

It's going to be difficult to decide.

I mean, i was going for the normal mode, but having an awesome feature like reentry heat just mildly implemented... I don't like the idea...

What?

Yeah, I know... My english is bad and I should feel bad about it.

I mean, if I'm going to play with reentry heat, I want to play it with all it's implications and not just in the "begginers mode" which only will cause damage if I'm doing really stupid things.

Yeah, I know... My english is bad and I should feel bad about it.

I mean, if I'm going to play with reentry heat, I want to play it with all it's implications and not just in the "begginers mode" which only will cause damage if I'm doing really stupid things.

Understood, i was thinking that you were thinking that stock reentry would be worse than DRE :)

Im gonna design every SSTO or spaceplane with the intention of allowing reentry under whatever squad makes default settings at a shallow enough angle, as well as aerobraking capabilities at jool/laythe and whatnot.

Still, i hope default is balanced in that it doesnt let you do any stupidity, but doesnt make it too too difficult to aerobrake or reenter atmo with a aircraft. That said, i sure HOPE you arent able to go 10km/s at the planet's center of gravity and survive that, cause entertaining or not, the fact that current game allows this is absurd.

I think we should start using the word "heat" or "hot" to describe crafts. Like stock+heat, or HotStock. Suggestions?

Heat is the default, so Stock - heat would be more appropriate. As far as I'm concerned, flyable in "stock" is what you get if you leave everything at default on a new game. Otherwise, I can build a "stock" sst-eeloo that only requires you go in and enable infinite fuel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.