What should the first Mars City/Colony be called?

Fr8monkey

solongsuckersthisisourplanetnow

I'm willing to bet the first people on Mars lead a revolution! (Not really, but how cool would that be)

First it was the United Kingdom, until the United States separated. Then it was the United States, until Mars separated. So I guess something like United Planet(s)? UK, US and UP.

also notice it's a famous astronaut even if not human it remain terrestrial for the sack of all but it's only some kind of space noe ark and the many ecosystem delicate links we'll have to preserve, bring and recreate with us up there, point of view reminder in some metaphorical way ; ) (poêt)

i kinda feel like a soil target is actually a pretty cheap reminder ; ) but i may be wrong ; )

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Here are some ideas I had:

Greek names: Ares, Athens etc

'New' city names: New NYC, New LA, New washington, New New deli, New Mumbai, New Beijing, New shanghai, New Moscow, New London, New Berlin, New New england

'New' country names: New America, New Poland (lol), New China, New india, New Russia, New DPRK, New UK, New Sweden

Coorporate sponsor names: McColony, Toshibaland, Microspace, Appleville, Google GlassDome, Exxon Mobil Town, SpaceXia

Famous people names: Elonland, Gatestown, Obamia, Pewdie-colo-nie

Geographic names: Valles Marineris, Olympus mons, Gale colony, Hellas basin

When I first wrote this it was just as a joke, but now I realize this could actually happen...

American, English, Netherlandish and Spanish logic tells me that it should be 'New Earth'. That's how colonies were named.

You're american and you forget French origins ?

Same logic : New Orleans.

Could be Obamaville like (cf Louisville), Montpresial (cf Montreal), or other stuff... Sable Rouge (cf Baton Rouge).

Likely named after the capital or major city of the country which funds and lands on it, assuming it's a single country. Then prefixed with new.

So, New Washington, New New York, New Moscow, New Beijing, New London (You never know)

Likely named after the capital or major city of the country which funds and lands on it, assuming it's a single country. Then prefixed with new.

So, New Washington, New New York, New Moscow, New Beijing, New London (You never know)

See my first post

Could be Obamaville

Name it after the politician who can get the most funding for the first ship. That oughta put the haters in a logical paradox.

"I must not support space. But... but... IMMORTALITY!" :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.