Squadcast Summary (2015-04-25) - 1.0 Inbound Edition!

I hope theres captioning or something for those that are hard of hearing for the twich livestreams tomorrow and sunday.

Sadly, live streams cant use captions.

Hmm... Dres orbital asteroids might make a good fuel depot.

I dont think so, dres is to fuel-consuming to reach. The outer moons of Jool should be more usefull for getting fuel.

Edited by Temeter

75 parts? Wow, just wow.

Please read the following tweets, that was a miscount and it's actually 38. :)

(It's late and we're a bit sleepy...)

Now, how much of those 38 parts are parts that we don't already know of?

We know of quite a few. Landing gear, I believe there were 5. We know of at least 3 wing pieces and 2 control surfaces, plus the tail. but there will probably be more. We saw an air intake too. We've seen air brakes. We've seen two scanners, a ore converter, and a fuel to energy converter, an ore tank, and a drill. Then there are the fairing bases, no idea how many of those, but guessing at least 4. Oh and the Xenon tank. That is 24 off the top of my head.

Edited by Alshain

Also, they kinda almost sorta confirmed that MK3 wings will be able to carry fuel AND oxidizer!

Note that Maxmaps said the pictured shuttle's only fuel source were the wings? You see any jet engines on there? nope, all those engines need oxidizer. Doubt they would showcase a non-funtioning craft.

We know of quite a few. Landing gear, I believe there were 5. We know of at least 3 wing pieces and 2 control surfaces, plus the tail. but there will probably be more. We saw an air intake too. We've seen air brakes. We've seen two scanners, a ore converter, and a fuel to energy converter, an ore tank, and a drill. Then there are the fairing bases, no idea how many of those, but guessing at least 4. Oh and the Xenon tank. That is 24 off the top of my head.

There's the heat shields too, although I'm not sure if that's one adjustable part or copies of the part in different sizes. Also those inline utility containers, which comes out to either 6 or 8. There's been a new mini-booster mentioned and then there's the fuel cell thing. So, there's about 6 or 8 parts that we don't know about yet.

There's the heat shields too, although I'm not sure if that's one adjustable part or copies of the part in different sizes. Also those inline utility containers, which comes out to either 6 or 8. There's been a new mini-booster mentioned and then there's the fuel cell thing. So, there's about 6 or 8 parts that we don't know about yet.

Oh yeah, Heat shields and mini booster. Probably 4 shields for all sizes. I mentioned the fuel cell already. So that would bring the count up to 29 if I'm right, and I'm sure there are more than 3 wing pieces.

If they are working this hard this close to the deadline 1.0 is gonna be a mess.

there's always one...

I'd be more worried if they didn't work hard to get things polished. It'd mean complacency. And who says they're working hard on KSP 1.0? They may be working on a new website, plans for 1.1, or another project entirely.

I continue to be baffled as to why over the last few months they've felt a need to jack up the progress rate and jump from 0.25 to 0.90 to 1.0 without some smaller updates in between o_O

I would have been fine with 0.26, 0.91, etc. etc. and just having a few new features at a time the way it was before. Le shrug.

I continue to be baffled as to why over the last few months they've felt a need to jack up the progress rate and jump from 0.25 to 0.90 to 1.0 without some smaller updates in between o_O

I would have been fine with 0.26, 0.91, etc. etc. and just having a few new features at a time the way it was before. Le shrug.

Squad talked about that. The more regular releases caused ever increasing fixing/QA times and actually slowed down the development process, so they went for bigger updates.

In one of the screen shots they released there were 2 side mount parachutes visible in the hanger part list so I expect we are also getting either different sizes of side mount parachutes or more likely we get drogue side mount chutes.

So add that to the part list.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.