Counting down the days until KSP 1.0: Day 3

SQUAD

It may get pushed back by a couple of hours because there were a few bugs that cropped up during the live stream yesterday that will need some definite addressing. I don't think they will take very long, but it will still be some time.

The timezone isn't really the big problem with getting a copy.

Squad have crashed 1,000,000 copies of KSP on the 17th moon of Saturn and you have to go fetch one yourself.

I dont know if you know this, but Saturn moon XVII is actually named Pandora, so that really works well as a joke. Though in actual order from the surface, the 17th moon out is Calypso.

Edited by PringleMan

Pandora or Calypso. Hmm, to Open Pandora's box? I bet Jeb would open it in a heartbeat and with a smile.

But, some say that Calypso has some connection to the Kraken.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide which moon I meant. :)

Plus 17 is a prime.

Edited by wossname
Fun math fact!

I didn't realise air brakes weren't part of the default game already. Guess they are apart of B9. Been using B9 so long I suppose.

They are not yet, on monday they will be

Like everyone I'm looking forward to 1.0 but basically only for the memory leak fix and the optimisations.

Everything else I already have being done by excellent mods.

Time warping feature is in Kerbal Alarm Clock.

Aircraft parts are all provided by B9 except fuelled wings which will be nice.

New Aero is already done by FAR.

The the new ship info (Dv etc) is already provided by Kerbal Engineer.

Re-entry heat is done by deadly re-entry.

New fairings system is done a lot neater and nicer using procedural fairings except the way when you mouse over the fairings it shows the internals, that's a really neat feature.

Imagine how good 1.0 could of been if it had been Unity 5 and the various memory leak fixes and optimisations.

I could then use even more of the mods available with that extra memory usage. Small steps though I suppose.

I feel like Squad just disregarded the massive amount of content the community is making for this game and focussing on areas that just didn't need their attention.

Still... 1.0 Wooooooo...

Like everyone I'm looking forward to 1.0 but basically only for the memory leak fix and the optimisations.

New fairings system is done a lot neater and nicer using procedural fairings except the way when you mouse over the fairings it shows the internals, that's a really neat feature.

Imagine how good 1.0 could of been if it had been Unity 5 and the various memory leak fixes and optimisations.

I could then use even more of the mods available with that extra memory usage. Small steps though I suppose.

I feel like Squad just disregarded the massive amount of content the community is making for this game and focussing on areas that just didn't need their attention.

Still... 1.0 Wooooooo...

I mostly agree with this, but I would like to point out that Squad hasn't really disregarded the mod content, I actually got the opposite impression given how many modders have been hired by Squad to add content to the game.

But I do agree that Squad really needs to focus on balancing and polishing the base game (especially career mode) instead of continually adding features without addressing fundamental issues.

A think what Squad did was put into the stock game some features from the most popular/practical mods, and yet leave it open for the modding community to go "above and beyound" what's in the stock game ... For example, the aerodynamics... FAR/NEAR in 0.90 still is a lot more complicated and realistic than what stock 1.0 will offer.

I don't think they wanted to kick modders out, on the contrary, this will only make stock players what they've been missing on.

Squad are really making the best effort for us, but I think that this effort can be "a bit" optimised

I know how ya feel man! Ah well, after work tomorrow hopefully I see a steam update!

The server is now migrating

- - - Updated - - -

Still... 1.0 Wooooooo...

Remember, Squad set up the goals of what they wanted and then set out to create them. Modders just made things.