Counting down the days until KSP 1.0: Day 3

SQUAD

My only worry for 1.0 re entry physics would be what happens if you fly a plane to fast will it explode?

Just as before, there IS a sped limit on how fast you can go in the atmosphere. It depends greatly on how dense the air your are moving though is. So the speed limit increases with altitude. I cant wait to see how high the atmosphere goes in 1.0 streams....

Does in 1.0 will finally get working STS (Space Shuttle) i remember that every time i tried to build on it flip on backside or left/right and turn to uncontrollable spinning. I don't create planes for long time i focused on rockets, it's simpler and easier.

I heard that 1.0 will have adviser who will check does the plane have proper aerodynamic.

Does in 1.0 will finally get working STS (Space Shuttle) i remember that every time i tried to build on it flip on backside or left/right and turn to uncontrollable spinning. I don't create planes for long time i focused on rockets, it's simpler and easier.

I heard that 1.0 will have adviser who will check does the plane have proper aerodynamic.

the aerodynamic system has been rewritten and space shuttles will be possible

Spoilers: usually devices on the top of a wing that reduce lift and add drag. Useful after landing to reduce the landing run. A few planes have spoilers designed more to produce yaw for steering.

Airbrakes: drag-producing devices, usually on the fuselage, that can be used in flight.

Flaps: on the trailing edge of a wing, increasing wing-camber, producing extra lift and drag. Good for landing, not good for take-off.

Slats: extending panels on the leading edge of the wing that control airflow, reduce the stall-speed.

Flaps and slats are pre-WW2 inventions, and were used by planes such as the Fieseler Storch and the Westland Lysander to allow landing in very small spaces because of the reduction of minimum flying speed.

The jet engine didn't respond quickly to throttle changes, and it was possible to use all these devices to create easily removable drag so that if a landing had to be aborted the engines were already generating enough thrust. Generally, as planes got more streamlined it became necessary to add some extra drag to give better landing behaviour. Otherwise the relationship between angle-of-attack, airspeed, power, and descent rate gets into frightening territory. Planes, remember, are built to be flown by ordinary pilots. There is only one Jebediah.

Wait, so it's releasing April 27 in what timezone? Mexico's? Or is it eastern time?

Thanks! Was a bit confused.

We don't even know the time, so it's kind of irrelevant what time zone. Most likely CDT and if past precedent is any indication, mid afternoon. But again, that is guessing. 0.90 and 0.25 released somewhere around 2pm CST/CDT if I recall correctly.