Will you be updating to 1.0?

Roflcopterkklol

I pretty much stopped playing KSP about 2 months ago in anticipation for 1.0... so yeah, I'll be updating on monday to mess around with the new stock game.

Hopefully I can start my career game with mods a few days after release =)

Yep! I didn't complete most careers until now (especially since building upgrades), and there are ~4 or so planets/moons I never landed one, as well as a whole bunch i've never put a rover on, or where i never experimented with planes for experimentation.

There is lots to do, my 1.0 career will be full completionist!

Not to mention the new mechanics. Never tried reentry heat, there is the new engine ISP, we don't even know the new delta-v requirements for orbit, will jets stay superstrong in the new atmosphere, the engine balancing will most likely be different, the ISP-update will add new difficulties, what about Eve, mega sonic speeds on laythe(?), how will the new chase-cam affect flight, need to see how to abuse a non-kethane ressource system, how will the new tools help plane-construction, etc...

So yeah, lots of stuff to do. That update isn't just some 'add mod features to KSP' thing, but even brings some modifications to the systems mods were built on. Can't wait. :D

I'll definitely run a parallel installation next to 0.90 and 0.25. Unless Squad *finally* integrated "Editor Extensions", I'll have to wait with serious playtime until the mod has been updated. I still can't understand why Squad is going all Microsoft and keeps omitting essential features (that are available as mods since... ever) while adding optional and even game crippling ones (say, memory footprint of 0.90 vs. 0.25).

Ah, what am I saying - I'm hyped anyway.

Right away. I am not waiting for mods, old saves can suck it.

I may not approve of every little jot and tittle of Squad's position, release schedule, philosophy, implementation, etc, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy me some KSP, and this update has lots of EXCELLENT things in it that I've been (somewhat impatiently) waiting for.

Onward and upward!

Stock is better because bug fixes, new aero, resources, more parts, bug fixes, career balancing, Valentina, parkour, re-entry explosions, bug fixes...

Parkour???

Of course I'll update to v1.0, KSP is an addiction and I need more!

Yes, I'll be trying out stock again, actually looking forward to it for once in a long update. Also, a few of the key realism mods will be in flux so I might as well. I'll be keeping a 0.90 RSS/RO install until everything is updated, though.

I pretty much stopped playing KSP about 2 months ago in anticipation for 1.0... so yeah, I'll be updating on monday to mess around with the new stock game.

Same here. 1.0 fixes far too many of my nitpicks, and potentially even fixes a bug that made me ragequit a career mode back at the start of my KSP break.

Yes, I'll be trying out stock again, actually looking forward to it for once in a long update. Also, a few of the key realism mods will be in flux so I might as well. I'll be keeping a 0.90 RSS/RO install until everything is updated, though.

One of the awesome benefits of KSP's design is being able to run parallel installs, eh? :)

I'll still have all my .22, .23, .23.5 (although those are intermixed in the .23 folder), .24, .25, and .90 saves, of course, but won't be touchin' those for a while.

Yes, yes, yes. Biggest update in a long time, possibly ever. I may not even wait for mods to update.

I won't wait. At the very least I can start the early career contracts, I won't need mods for that. I would preferably like to start with Stage Recovery and RealChute at a minimum. Although, since completing one contract now completes all of the "lower level" ones, that may not take as much time as I'm thinking, I just have to get to orbit and I get them all.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.