Will you be updating to 1.0?

Roflcopterkklol

I will download it and have a look, but it will be installed as a separate installation. I am still able to play all the versions of KSP that have come since I started playing, as they have all been installed separately. It was quite a while before I switched from 0.24 to 0.90, as 0.90 killed so many of my craft due to the big change in aero parts in that particular release.

Oh yes! As soon as I can. Will retain my 0.90 install and copy my main 'anomaly exploration' save over to check for changes to the ones I found. But will most likely start from scratch with a new one, after playing with the new parts and features in sandbox.

Yes i will be updating, looking forward to trying out the new aero, since i've never used far or anything like that. With rebalancing it will be like its all new and shiny :) I'll be able to retest stuff, see how things work and what doesn't. In a few words, I will be able to truely experiment again with the rocket parts, than almost instinctively knowing what will happen. New Fresh Kerbal smell.

1.0 will be SOOOOO awesome!

At first i will play stock, im sure it will be good. But what im realy looking forward to is the EVE Overhaul (now that rbray89 is back) and the awesome scatterer made by blackrack, with those KSP will finaly look as good as it deserves.

Considering the ONLY mods that i run DMP and Hedit aside are visual, im updating teh second it hits, but im still gonna keep 0.90 around as its quite possible that much of my craft will nolonger be feaseable (im never giving up on my Tri-Fighters or some of my better capital ships). Basically the differences between 0.90 and previous versions (like 2.23 ect) are not all that much at the core, aerodynamics is the same, and aside from extra parts, nothing massively changed between part performance, ect.

1.0 (hopefully) will be the final major change, and subsequent updates will mostly add parts, fix balance, add features, ect, but wont do any major changes to how stuff flies, how heat works, ect. Hopefully after 1.0 there wont be much craft breakage, and stuff will remain functional afterwards.

That said, i still hope 1.0 doesnt break everything (especially non atmospheric craft), as id HATE to loose my capital ships with their insane armor (50t heavy ship got rammed by a 500t rocket at 300m/s and i survbived it with engines and weapons intact!).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.