What's your "just one last mission" for 0.90?

ShadowZone

Me, I pulled off an Eve return mission from sea level last night. Had some problems due to design flaws, but after changing the mission plan and foregoing some science, I made it back to Kerbin.

bhhNjR9.png

So, what did you do the last few days... or are going to do until 1.0 hits on Monday?

Because the main changes in 1.0 is related to aerodynamics (at least in my opinion, because mining is not changing for me technically, it's an addition) I thought about making a big plane that will fly all over the globe (or at least to the pole). We will not see the old aero anymore, so it's my way to say "farewell". And then I want to recreate such design in 1.0 and check if it will fly and how far it can get :D

I'm currently working an a Jool-4.

Edit: Aaaaand, my agency went bankrupt, as twice the unmanned test-launch went wrong, the 1.2 Megafunds rocket blew up, and took the launchpad with it... I'll try to do the mission in sandbox now...

Edited by soulsource

Recovering my inbound kerbals from Jool, land on Eeloo and return inmediately (hey, the return window is just 9 days after arrival!). And say goodbye to stock aero

1r549amu

Oh, well, I'll still find a way to put such things in orbit. Infernal Robotics to rotate the wheels and engines, so they launch vertically and then they rotate for a horizontal landing perhaps?

My last missions are all about deorbiting everything around Kerbin.

This is the main station Modul 8 and it claimed 4 lives due to starvation (TAC). Jeb came in a ship to deliver the fuel for deorbiting and the station sucked away his oxygen, turning him into a fifth casualty. I don't even remember when was the last time I lost Jebediah.

B6EF443EB1099942CC597404FE1B5D1994E1E0D5

925490A457E1B5296D5DCD059B67B0A7FAC016BD

C888600115CDA329978FD5B57D7A518231D6151A

There are still two satellites to destroy or bring home safely.

Making my last Tri-Fighter IV before i have to say farewell to getting to 200km AP on pure jets.....

While im not absolutely positve jets are going to be worthless in 1.0 for ion sstos, considering how OP turbojets were, i do see a large probability that they will nerf jets especially a higher speeds/altitudes to the point that i cant use pure ion+jet combos on a SSTO anymore.

Then im sending my final AKSTechnologies fleet into the jool system, finally got a puler rocket to lift the bloody ships (without fairings craft made outta mostly wings are screwed when being pushed by a bottom rocket). That im actually hoping to see go, as it looks like fairings will be able to shield something from aerodynamics. Then again, im also hoping the fairings come in capital ship sizes, a fairing that cant cover a massive battlecruiser is kinda useless to my space program (err massive war campaigns).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.