Scott Manley's 1.0 Preview Video

armandleggames

A longer, more in-depth one:

BTW, Manley didn't mention it, but the ore scanner doesn't need to go all the way around the planets. You need to put it in polar orbit and hit "scan", takes 30 seconds to scan. Boom. Done. I'm quite disappointed in that.

Probably a compromise between those who want a more realistic scanning like SCANsat and those who don't have the time or patience for scansat.

Good preview. But did I saw 400 Kn thrust on one of those turbojets?

If you saw the video, you would have heard Scott talking about the work of the Test Team, using the word "we". He, like about 100 other people, is a volunteer tester. In return for hard work, they get to see very many broken, buggy, glitchy and misbalanced builds of the game. They also get to see the final build just a day or two ahead of us -- Scott would have been using a prerelease build to film that video, and there may (or may not) have still been some bugs that he carefully didn't show us.

We, the alpha players, don't do the hard work. Instead, we get to play the alpha versions. And, if we bought-in early enough, we get to play them AND the release version for very much less than people who are buying first time. Even the Steam sales don't make it cheaper than the early-adopters got it!

So...... I must be missing something, but I have been with kerbal since alpha, so that makes me an alpha tester, why am I not privvy to the early release of 1.0?

What makes this dude so special. Comon dude.. I've been with KSP for years, before anyone knew who this dude was. when winter owl was just starting his KSP series.

I think I should more qualified

There was like 3 parts back when I dived in

This is a joke, yes?

These videos seem unrehearsed and poorly produced. I'm really disappointed in the quality.

Still, I'm looking forward to 1.0 but these videos do not communicate a refined and completed view of a final product.

Even Scott's video seems poor quality - I expect more from him.

Looking good but there's still many unanswered questions about the new aero, first of all, Will any part produce lift & drag or just wings?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.