Is having only Valentina enough?

Mokmo

Well, there can't be too many starter Kerbals, and they should keep the original three.

I think it's fine the way it is. Only if Jeb, Bob and Bill weren't so integral part of the game, maybe they could've went with two female and two men.

It was a long time until the USA recruited their first female astronaut. I reckon too long. Look though the history of aviation: it is full of women who were the equal of the men in ability and courage. So there's an imbalance at the start? I can live with that. I hope we can choose, and choose better than the history. I hope we, the players, have learned to be better.

Well, Valentina isn't going to be the only female kerbal - the randomly generated kerbals will be both male and female, so I just don't see where the argument or complain may be

My initial complaint was that she was the lone female in orange. No scientist no engineer...

I'm all for equality, but since the original three have been so integral to the game, adding three orange females for the sake of symmetry would, to me, feel forced. Adding one big one thats equal to Jeb I think feels like a more natural introduction to gendered kerbals.

Can we give this whole thing a break? I mean, seriously:

SQUAD: Builds game with alien creatures called Kerbals

"They look kinda male. We should have some female ones."

SQUAD: Adds female Kerbals

"Not equal enough. Add more."

THIS.

People tend to create sexism where it doesn't exist at all.