[from the creator of kerbal history] Kerbal space race: USkR VS USk!

Goodle...

Hi all, nice to see you all again. I have got myself a new game idea, involving a never-ending space race in the kerbal world!

Here are the KEY rules:

1. NO WIPING OUT ANY KERBAL COUNTRY (ANYTHING. NUKES, KEBOLA, YOU NAME IT).

2. NO GRIEFING OR FACE CONSEQUENCES (KICKING OUT OF THE GAME).

3. NO TROLLING

4.DEBUG PANEL NOT ALLOWED

5 STOCK ONLY, NO MODS ALLOWED (mods that don't change gameplay is ok, e.g. alarm clock etc)

ok after securing the continuity factor we can get on with game rules.

FACTIONS and COMAPNIES

1.there are 2 factions that one must choose from. The USKR (Union of Soviet Kerbalist Republics) or the USK (United states of Kerbals). nobody can be neutral. (I take no faction myself to be fair)

2. Everyone must represent a company (or a member of a company) in these factions. provide me with company details (Name of company, faction, members). No offensive or discriminating names will be allowed. (PM me the company details and i will post accordingly on this thread)

3. Everybody in the same company will share 1 CAREER save file on hard difficulty. You may start separate comapny threads to discuss what to do. Each company must act as a whole.

MISSIONS

1.Each company can carry out mission once every 12 hours (By carrying out missions i mean posting them on here). ONLY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE COMPANY (aka the founder/leader/whatever you call the guy who commands) CAN POST MISSIONS.

2.Each mission must be realistic to the timeline of the real space race (OK, failures can be omitted of you don't think it is necessary) so NO ONE-TIME launches to all systems. BEFORE YOU UNLOCK THE NASA ARM PARTS YOU CANNOT GO FOR A MOONSHOT.

3. EACH MISSION MUST HAVE PHOTOS AS PROOF (Post here, imgur photos preferred). Proof include photos of each stage of mission (Take the example of vostok 1, stages include liftoff, orbit burn, achieving orbit, de-orbit and landing)

TO WIN (just have to meet one of them)

1.Achieve a total of 1 million science in faction (at one time, not historic total so spent science does not count)

2.Achieve a total of 5 million funds in faction (at one time, not historic total so spent funds does not count)

3. Landing at least 1 kerbal on each planet (except jool and the sun) and returning them safely after they have all landed

4. Finishing a colony on duna that holds 24 kerbals (no need for them to return), after landing a kerbal on the moon, returning him safely to kerbin and maxing out the tech tree.

5. getting ten thousand points from getting achievements, listed below. Each achievement can only be completed once (not once per faction).

Achievements

(achievement credits to the ksp wiki)

Solid Fuel Rocketry (10pt)

Launch RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster Rocket

Must be unmanned

Must have nosecone

Launch Two-Stage Solid Fuel Rocket

Must be unmanned

Must be successfully retrieved (i.e., have a parachute)

(Tip: To retrieve a craft, move the cursor to the center of the top of the screen. This can only be done after landing or splashing down.)

Liquid Fuel Rocketry (10pt)

Launch LVT-30 Liquid Fuel Rocket Eastwards

Must be unmanned

Must have nosecone or parachute

Land that thing in the ocean lest you worry the 'Kerbiets'

Launch Two-Stage LV-T30 Liquid Fuel Rocket and Maintain 45 degrees Eastwards after 10,000 m and Reach Space (70 km)

Must be unmanned

Must have nosecone or parachute

Enjoy the music once you reach 70,000 m

(Note: You do not need to establish an orbit - save that challenge for the Space Race campaign)

K2 Rocket (10pt)

Those pesky Kermans...

Launch LV-T30 Liquid Fuel Rocket and control its reentry point

Missile must go above 70 km

Missile must land near a pre-selected island of your choosing

(Tip: The blue line indicating your trajectory does not account for atmospheric drag, so aim accordingly!)

the First Satellite (20pt)

Launch a Two-Stage Liquid Fuel Rocket into Orbit with a Satellite or Stayputnik 1

The Kerbnik probe in the Lander and Probe Pack on CurseForge is an accurate reproduction of the real Sputnik.

Must contain at least 4 Communotron 16 antennas.

Antennas must deploy after reaching orbit.

Must contain enough electric charge (batteries!) to broadcast for a full orbit.

(Tip: as your launches become more complex, it's usually a good idea to test them out to make sure your staging is set correctly.)

(Tip: try establishing an action group to extend the antennas.)

the First Kerbal in Space (40pt)

Launch a Kerbal into an Orbital Flight with an Apoapsis greater than 70,000m and Safe Return

For added realism, the Home-Grown Rockets mod on CurseForge has stockalike Soyuz parts that can easily be used to represent a Vostok craft.

Kerbal must return safely. This is assumed for all future missions unless otherwise specified - you don't want to scare off volunteers, especially this early in the space program.

Must land on land (that's how Vostok 1 landed in real life).

the First Kerbal to go 'round the World (60pt)

Launch a Kerbal into an Orbital Flight with a Periapsis greater than 70,000m and Safe Return

The FASA mod on CurseForge has accurate Mercury, Redstone, and Atlas parts.

Must complete 11 orbits.

Must land in water (Bonus points if it is near the Kerbal Space Center).

Feel free to go through the rest of the Moho program. This includes one more Redstone flight, and four Atlas flights.

(Will post more achievements later)

COMPANIES LIST

Edited by Goodle...

Unfortunately, this kind of game, in which players take on the roles of competing countries, has resulted in some of the worst arguments this forum has ever seen, and so we've had to make a rule against it (2.2.j). Your game, Goodle..., will have to be played someplace off of this forum. Perhaps you can find a place to host it elsewhere?

I do not know why this sort of game goes wrong, Goodle.... I can only repeat that sad experience has shown us that something about identifying themselves with a country causes players to become so invested in the competition that they start disputing scores, forming factions pitting forum member against forum member, starting feuds that carry over to unrelated parts of the forum, and so on. I'm sorry, but we can't allow it on our forum.