[WIP] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.0 - Head Over to Add-On Release

cxg2827

Oh wow!! I can't wait!!! ETA??

I'm aiming for next week for the airlock without the IVA.

After I finish the airlock I'm going to get to work on the 3 IVAs (airlock, and 2 labs). For the airlock, I'm thinking of making it the Equipment Lock portion rather than the tighter Crew Lock.

Could the airlock have actual functionality (like in Orbiter, especially the one on the Delta Glider IV) with both an inner and outer door? Which the latter must be opened in order to EVA, and the inner door must be closed AND the chamber depressurized to open it. I feel that a proper airlock is something that KSP has always had missing.

Edited by hieywiey

Could the airlock have actual functionality (like in Orbiter, especially the one on the Delta Glider IV) with both an inner and outer door? Which the latter must be opened in order to EVA, and the inner door must be closed AND the chamber depressurized to open it. I feel that a proper airlock is something that KSP has always had missing.

This sounds like something that would require a plugin, which I have no idea how to make.

Also animating the crew lock hatch would need for me to modify the model so that there is an internal mesh for the inside of the crew lock, since that would then be visible when the outer door is opened.

This sounds like something that would require a plugin, which I have no idea how to make.

Also animating the crew lock hatch would need for me to modify the model so that there is an internal mesh for the inside of the crew lock, since that would then be visible when the outer door is opened.

Have you seen ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54925

Spin around in the pod and look at the hatch in it you can open it and think if you want you could even use his prop maybe.

well I could make a plugin for you?

Cool. I'll be in touch. I'll probably work on incorporating this after I get the 3 IVAs finished for the last 3 modules released.

Have you seen ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54925

Spin around in the pod and look at the hatch in it you can open it and think if you want you could even use his prop maybe.

Yea, I've used the ALCOR pod before. Incorporating EVAing from the IVA, I'll probably make my own hatch prop so there isn't any dependency.

With hieywiey's idea this is what I'm thinking, but I'm not sure if some of these will be possible:

EVA:

-From IVA, click on a toggle switch on a control panel to either pressurize or depressurize, and that would be tied to a LED indicator.

-Clickable internal EVA hatch would need to know the status of the Equipment lock's atmospheric pressure to know if the door can be operated.

-When the equipment lock is depressurized, the door can be toggled opened or closed. This however will not automatically force you to EVA like the ALCOR pod. Instead it will just expose a void in the IVA model so that you can see into the Crew lock portion, which will be modeled as part of the exterior model.

-Toggling the airlock door OPEN will then enable an invisible collider in the opening so that you will need to click to go out on EVA.

IVA-Exiting Equipment Lock:

-Spawning the kerbal inside the crew lock segment might be a bit tricky, and would need them to go backwards on the ladder all the way out. So, I'm thinking for now they would just spawn outside of the crew lock door.

-The Equipment Lock hatch would then be reset to the closed position (unless the animation would automatically reset everytime you exit from the IVA view?).

EVA Re-Entry:

-The external crew lock door will need to be toggled open.

-I modeled the proportions for a kerbal with a helmet to fit through the hatch, so I can try to position some ladder colliders so that you can climb on into the crew lock all the way to the equipment lock hatch.

-There will be a control panel with a status LED and pressure gauge that you then need to toggle to de-pressurize the equipment lock (if is not already).

-If the equipment lock is de-pressurized, you can then press to board the airlock.

Well it should also be visibly open even when you aren't in IVA. And you might not have to make the airlock yourself, the DGIV from Orbiter has one that fits the bill. I'm pretty sure that the CSS interior was borrowed from Orbiter, so I know an airlock probably could be ported too.

133-15_gallery6.jpg

Well it should also be visibly open even when you aren't in IVA.

what part you refering to?

https://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/ISSRG/pdfs/quest.pdf

And you might not have to make the airlock yourself, the DGIV from Orbiter has one that fits the bill.

I'm kind of OCD with making these parts, so I would want to make the crew lock myself so it fits properly, and to match the texturing style I have been doing for the parts. Though I'd make the control panel a bit more simple.

article-1361752-0D6AAD95000005DC-612_634x444.jpg

Are you going to the standalone APAS port?

You could probably just take the model of the PMA and cut off the docking bit...

Yea, that is planned. though I am holding off on doing that for when I revisit the PMA to do an updated texturing pass.

Yea, that is planned. though I am holding off on doing that for when I revisit the PMA to do an updated texturing pass.

I think that the PMA and the APAS should be separate anyway; because of the offset docking port, various mods including Docking Port Alignment Indicator, Hullcam VDS (When I added a camera using modulemanager it was in the base's centre instead of the port's centre) and MechJeb's autopilot don't work properly and can't account for the offset