Roverdude's Easter Egg Found

Zucal

Yeah...those are in nice, circular orbits around Dres. Certainly moons...not incoming asteroids. All in closely-spaced orbits. Maybe you could get something like that if Dres had a moon that was hit by a large asteroid and shattered, leaving chunks behind that either settle down into circular orbits or accreted together (or got flung out away from Dres, or smashed into Dres). Maybe.

So, again, I wonder how many moons there are.

Yeah...those are in nice, circular orbits around Dres. Certainly moons...not incoming asteroids. All in close orbits. Maybe you could get something like that if Dres had a moon that was hit by a large asteroid and shattered, leaving chunks behind that either settle down into circular orbits or accreted together (or got flung out away from Dres, or smashed into Dres). Maybe.

So, again, I wonder how many moons there are.

As many as you decide to track and your processor can handle... :wink:

Just for a bit of clarity as to how asteroids work in KSP:

They only actually exist when they appear in the Tracking Center, and only continue to exist if you track them, correct? So, these Dres asteroids (even if one was in an orbit around Dres) would cease to exist somewhat randomly if not tracked?

Fuel is like real estate; location determines the value.

Best,

-Slashy

Exactly right, and Dre's is situated smack dab in the middle of the system. Set up a decent mining operation and you can stop there for a top-off before heading out to Jool for a Jool-5 meaning smaller grand tour vehicles making it much more accessible.

But, for any eeloo mission, or even a jool mission, it's in a great place for refueling.

I disagree. Eeloo and Jool are in better places for refueling. Why do an inclination change and Hohmann transfer twice when there's already fuel at both ends of your trip?

Best,

-Slashy

How is this possibly an easter egg? The asteroids are blatantly visible the first time anyone gets a ship near Dres. I mean, I never go to Dres personally (I will now!) but really, they thought we'd avoid the lonely space potato for two--whole--MONTHS?

There is... another egg. There must be.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.