Nay-sayers, unite!

Kerbart

possibly. Im not the only one who has expressed this. Regex has before implied this, and others as well.

This is so rage-inducing that i want to puke.

You guys show no respect for what the devs have done for you.

If KSP is such a bad game, why are you still playing it?

Have you ever developed a game?

Have you ever gone through the struggle that you are behind schedule and have to scrub things to meet the deadline?

KSP is an experiment for the devs aswell. It is their first game and for them an unimaginable success.

They could have scrubbed the whole Project that is KSP years ago and yet you are complaining about a couple of bugs in a game for that you have paid 14-20 bucks in whatever currency months and years ago!

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

I think it can be a reasonable position to say you love the game but it is missing basic features that should be in a first release version. You could also be validated in saying the time between alpha and release was far too short, shockingly so. Some would be valid in having suspicion as SQUAD have said things will or will not be in the game and have reversed their position on a few topics for apparently no reason in the past. This could cause concern about their statement to continue active development.

Myself I will wait and see.

My opinion is that it has been shown by the makers of EVE and Scatterer that the game can be made much more beautiful without a great performance hit. The makers of KER and Mechjeb have shown how information screens can show a wide range of information and the makers of RPM, Vessel viewer, ship effects etc have shown what is possible in IVA.

If the stock game had a lot of the features from those mods I reckon it would be more valid to call it finished feature wise.

The actual 'game' part though, being career with the goals and mechanics involved might need more work, it might be better in 1.0, I'll see later.

TLDR,

Squad: "We baked you a cake!"

Community: "WHERE IS DA HYPERFANCY CREAM WE ASKED FOR?????"

I think you meant.

Squad: "We will make you an awesome cake with hyperfancy cream".

Community: "MMMmmm this cake mix is delicious"

Squad : "I baked you a cake with hyperfancy cream minus the hyperfancy cream".

Community: Where is DA hyperfancy cream you told me about?".

Squad: "Oh we will get to that later".

Community: "Ok, well is it ok if we just call this a cake then?".

Squad: "No, we are still calling it a cake with hyperfancy cream".

If KSP is such a bad game, why are you still playing it?

Probably because it's the closest thing we have to "the perfect physics space game", it's a genre that is so starved of titles it needs medical attention, with the only other notable games being just eye candy extravaganzas (space engine) or so dry the sahara desert says "that's pretty dry" (Orbiter).

KSP with addons is closer to their ideal, but the core game is still a bit "lite" and they feel it appeals more to the casual end with only nods to basic physics than the guys like regex and romanstatuehead r4pt0r would prefer, so they and others feel a bit disappointed, and they are sure others would like a KSP in the way they wish it was, if only it existed.

I understand their disappointment and can see that gaping hole in gaming for a fun space sim that actually teaches people real world physics.

Edited by sal_vager

I think you meant.

Squad: "We will make you an awesome cake with hyperfancy cream".

Community: "MMMmmm this cake mix is delicious"

Squad : "I baked you a cake with hyperfancy cream minus the hyperfancy cream".

Community: Where is DA hyperfancy cream you told me about?".

Squad: "Oh we will get to that later".

Community: "Ok, well is it ok if we just call this a cake then?".

Squad: "No, we are still calling it a cake with hyperfancy cream".

Do you want your hyperfancy cream as a DLC you have to pay for or what?

Still no multiplayer...

How many games nowadays have NO multiplayer on release?

This isn't the 90's anymore.

Love KSP, kinda tired of playing it by myself tho and part of me suspects it'll never happen now that the Early Access obligations are fulfilled.

Might play 1.0 when the mods are updated.

now smileyfaceguy sal_vager, dont be mistaken, Im all about that stock, and I dont give a wit about physics. I dont want and dv counters or other numbers added to the game. I love the trial and error.

I am still excited for the release of .91 tomorrow, I'll be doing laundry and playing it all day. but it is still unfinished, and to have a thread where the lead producer asks us what they should focus on for 1.0, because they have to trim features to meet the arbitrary deadline they set is just bad. Clear sign that it isnt complete. Also it is graphically still unpolished.

Probably because it's the closest thing we have to "the perfect physics space game", it's a genre that is so starved of titles it needs medical attention, with the only other notable games being just eye candy extravaganzas (space engine) or so dry the sahara desert says "that's pretty dry" (Orbiter).

KSP with addons is closer to their ideal, but the core game is still a bit "lite" and they feel it appeals more to the casual end with only nods to basic physics than the guys like regex and romanstatuehead r4pt0r would prefer, so they and others feel a bit disappointed, and they are sure others would like a KSP in the way they wish it was, if only it existed.

I understand their disappointment and can see that gaping hole in gaming for a fun space sim that actually teaches people real world physics.

I am sorry if i failed to see the whole picture, Sal.

But there must be a more polite way for people like that to show their expression.

As I understand KSP, it is Space-exploration-sandbox-game that costs around 20€ and is heavily modable.

The developers that are worked and are still working on it are awesome dudes and I sometimes have the pleasure to get in contact with them.

Maybe it isnt perfect but it is a gem after all.

And I am sorry to say that I feel my rage boiling when people are complaining about something when they actually should be lucky to have it at all in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

now smileyfaceguy sal_vager, dont be mistaken, Im all about that stock, and I dont give a wit about physics. I dont want and dv counters or other numbers added to the game. I love the trial and error.

I am still excited for the release of .91 tomorrow, I'll be doing laundry and playing it all day. but it is still unfinished, and to have a thread where the lead producer asks us what they should focus on for 1.0, because they have to trim features to meet the arbitrary deadline they set is just bad. Clear sign that it isnt complete. Also it is graphically still unpolished.

show me where they say that they will stop developing after the 1.0-release.

Multiplayer is coming some time after 1.0, it's in the devnotes somewhere :)

Hey R4p, clouds are nice but in the end they are just clouds ;)

It's claimed to be, but once theyve declared "released" they are under no obligation to provide it at all/for free.

Call me paranoid, but the rush to "release" has me suspicious.

It's easy to forget that not everyone will like the same game we like in the same way, we have a lot of members just here on the KSP forums, and there's many more KSP players in other communities, so there's a huge range of responses to the game.

Some are a bit too full of sugar, others more acidic, but we all do love this game in our own way even if we're disappointed in some parts of it.

And criticism is fine if it's constructive, though insinuating the devs lied is pretty bad, they have worked hard and are just human, they can't do everything.

People from both ends of the fandom scale are entitled to their opinions, but both should also respect the other even if they disagree :)

And that makes it ok to imply that the developers are nothing more than a bunch of liars that prepare to take the money and run? On releaseday?

And that makes it ok to imply that the developers are nothing more than a bunch of liars that prepare to take the money and run? On releaseday?

Course not, but it makes the guys saying it look silly, especially later when they have to eat their words ;)

call me paranoid, but the rush to "release" has me suspicious.

"hear hear!" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hear,_hear I typed the wrong hear before, but its 5am, please excuse me.

also:

I am getting strange vibes HarvesteR is absolutely fed up with this proect in Nothc/Novasilisko style.

And they're pushing it so he can leave.

Now, the game continuing after he goes.. the future is bleak.

there are a few posts like this in the 'ready for 1.0?' thread.

Of course Squad wouldnt come out and say it.

Edited by r4pt0r

It's claimed to be, but once theyve declared "released" they are under no obligation to provide it at all/for free.

You are going too far. If you read EULA they where not under obligation to release any update ever. And guess what?

Scott said in his stream (sorry Scott if we get you in trouble) there was a hard deadline for working on feedback from experimentals.

When we start playing 1.0 we shall see if that hard deadline caused bugs to be ignored or not.

Either way, i shall be playing 1.0 to death, so its not a huge thing. Just bad form if corporate took the lead over development.

Course not, but it makes the guys saying it look silly, especially later when they have to eat their words ;)

You know as much as i do that at this time all this is long forgotten by the usual suspects and something completely different shows the complete and utter disaster of KSP ;)

Edited by smart013

Hi, my name is FlowerChild and I'm a recovering naysayer...

It really is too late guys. Squad simply can not pull the plug on the release at this stage, and there's really nothing to be done other than keep our fingers crossed and wish them the best.

I'll gladly eat my words if/when a multiplayer option becomes available, but considering we got this in early 2014:

"Multiplayer's First Steps

This isn't so much a feature at this point, but it's worth mentioning in any case. We're starting work on the core components of multiplayer now, so by the time we're about done with Career Mode, we'll already have a solid platform to start building multiplayer features on top of it. Right now, the primary goal is to write the server backend that will run things. There won't be much to show of this for a while, but we'll keep everyone posted about the progress being made."

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content/250

And we've heard nothing since...

Hi, my name is FlowerChild and I'm a recovering naysayer...

It really is too late guys. Squad simply can not pull the plug on the release at this stage, and there's really nothing to be done other than keep our fingers crossed and wish them the best.

Hi Flowerchild.

Wish the best for what? Please finish your thought.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.