Hype Train Express 1.0! (Pic Heavy)

Well I don’t know about you, but after so many years, I am certainly hyped for the long awaited 1.0 release of Kerbal Space Program. However, I realized something the other day while discussing the finer points of Kerbal Lawn Darts with a buddy*. One of the big features coming with 1.0 is the aerodynamics overhaul. We calculated that the current compliment of Hype Trains are not designed for this new pancake-punishing feature, and will not be able to maintain the proper Hype velocity with their blunt profiles. I have tackled this problem (with some help*), and after much time and more program crashes than I can count, I think the solution is satisfactory.

*Otterer is also a member of the forums, but is more of a lurker. He gave me advice, helped put the video together, did most of the editing, and did the music. He even used (part of) one of his own songs: White Waters!

And so, without further ado, I unveil to you, the NEW, the 100% STOCK, the AERODYNAMICALLY streamlined for MAXIMUM HYPE, the one, the only, the Hype Train Express 1.0! (Video, download link and rest of Album at bottom).

brH1iYJ.png

gHZoPyh.png

Handcrafted using the latest and greatest 1940’s fluid dynamics engineering, the Hype Train Express 1.0 is a much needed relief for some of our older Hype Trains.

bkDN4xo.png

DGiLe8G.png

As you can see, no detail has been left out for the Hype Train Express 1.0. From a detailed cabin interior;

yjSs12O.png

cB8CPha.png

To realistic handling and performance capabilities of a steam locomotive;

YSHl50A.png

And of course it just wouldn’t be Kerbal if it didn’t explode at the slightest provocation. And boasting over 600 parts for the Locomotive and Tender, you can be sure they are top quality explosions.

vBxnil5.gif

4P3uD7i.png

Furthermore, as a special offer, the Hype Train Express 1.0 now comes with a complete starter set of Passenger Cars! You can now kill carry HUNDREDS of Kerbals with you as we travel along.

Hype Train Express 1.0 Passenger Car Starter Set Includes: Coach Car, Bilevel Car, Dining car, & Observation Car.

51lgxjN.png

(Water tower not included!)

eFakUqQ.png

What’s that? Not enough? Well now introducing the Hype Train Express 1.0 passenger car expansion set! You can now k carry over 900.0 kerbals! Guaranteed to satisfy all your hype train needs, or we will give you a second Hype Train Express 1.0 free of charge!

*Hype Train Express 1.0 passenger car expansion set Includes: Lounge Car, Sleeping Car, Dome Car, Hospital Car, Combine Car,

(*not yet available for commercial use.)

But wait! There is more! Download now, and we will throw in a free Hoopla Puff Jr. (Complete with detailed interior.)

0jvj4co.png

ZJZpzdG.png

GXzHVLt.png

7wYe0P8.png

Now available in kerbalpamorphic form!

F9ONfFW.gif

(It scares me too)

It turns out Hype is very Flammable..

nQrFjOD.gif

Here is the video:

And the rest of the photo album: (Imbedding the album isn't working for some reason, but the link is still good.)

http://imgur.com/a/Bhr1X

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download Links:

http://kerbalx.com/Ival70/Hype-Train-Express-10

http://kerbalx.com/Ival70/Hoopla-Puff-Jr

So get Hyped for 1.0 today! (Because this is the last day to get hyped,1.0 comes out today.):cool:

Edited by Ival70
Added download

Thanks guys! :D I'll see if I can figure out how to post the .craft files. If anyone has any advice on how to do that, I'd certainly appreciate it. Also, let's not forget Otterer, who helped a lot. By the way, The music used for the video was (in order of use) White Waters, Thomas The Tank Engine Theme, White Waters (again), Orange Blossom Special, and Crazy Train.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.