Are Your crafts ready for 1.0?

How much will your crafts need updating?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How much will your crafts need updating?

• Almost none.
    • A bit. Nothing a few moar boosters wouldn't fix.
    • A lot. Boosters, fairings, structural edits, but It'll get done.
    • SO MUCH I'M GONNA DIE.

Same here (Starting over)... I may use a similar basic design of the old craft but fully expect to have to rebuild most of my stuff and I'm looking forward to it, I'm starting a new career save anyway so the parts may unlock in a different order.

EDIT: Didn't vote in the pole as there didn't seem to be an option for "Not bothered". Also we don't really know what will need updating till V1.0 drops.

Edited by gmiddlemass

1.0 is like a fresh start, as a few years ago. So many new changes and things to consider. A lot of stuff will still work though, but hey, all the old crafts will not be used anymore. Time to build new abominations!

Planning a week of sandbox while a few mods catch up anyway - plenty of time to figure out how the new aerodynamics work (or revert to using FAR) before kicking off a new career :)

Though I hope that what flew under FAR will fly under the new stock aerodynamics anyway...

I'm not going to bother with most of my craft. Maybe a few I will want to continue to use but they will need considerable upgrades. For the first couple days however I'll focus on getting used to the new aerodynamics and building new Kerbal Death Machines TM safe and completely up to regulation civilian spacecraft

Everyone, STOP worrying. A terribly un aerodynamic craft from 0.9 will get to orbit easier in 1.0!

In 0.9 without FAR you need about 4500m/s dv to get to orbit. With FAR you need about 4000 with a terrible craft. And 3500 with a good one.

141FC70C2A15F0D6094526D5521B6E69A2A1BE49

0EF794600F85860FFED2565DE2436D0DFA27B042

Capital ships like KSS Wasabi Maru will work fine, but will benefit from some new parts and also will likely need new delivery systems to get orbit. I will probably end up relying more on orbital construction due to realistic aero effects...actually am looking forward to the challenge!

But the backbone of Kerbfleet is its spaceplanes, and of course those will all need a complete re-do. From the single-seat Pogo series of crew shuttles, to Gliido light interplanetary craft, to Bumblefly medium cargo ship and Spacecow heavy tankers--all of it starts over today.

The design team couldn't be happier :D

Most likely my capital ships will be at most swapped to LF tanks as LFO is now useless for everything in the whole game. Maybee a little vernor fuel though. Nukes witching to LF only basically means everything that isnt designed to land or requires insane acceleration will basically not have any Oxy onboard. Rip LFO tanks, and good riddance, the pure LF tanks have better impact tolerances and give you MUCH better armor/resilience.

Aside from this all my sstos need to be rebuilt, as too much changed for aircraft styled parts, not to mention i highly doubt that the new rebalanced parst will allow stuff to maintain functionality, especially my SSTOs that are lathe capable, will need to test out how much they nerfed jet engines/airhogging.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.