"KSP Widow"

Poynting

Play KSP with her.

I have done in the past :) but I think she needs some time with it to herself to get the bug.

- - - Updated - - -

So, you never tried the "Six Words" at your job? :D

https://xkcd.com/1244/

You'd be surprised at how many times I've had to stop myself! If solar weather was included in KSP it would be a lot harder!

My wife knows that she can come and take me away from my computer at any time(but I am liable to ask for a variance if I am playing a game that does not pause and is time-sensitive).

She usually claims the first 30-45 minutes when I get home, then lets me have most of the rest of the evening(mostly for Kerbals of late).

Had I not set 'social-time' to be an absolutely higher priority than computer time many years back, I probably would have never had a girlfriend, let alone a wife.(I am *not* a social person)

We've been married nearly 25 years, and she's used to being a "writer's widow." Though she takes delight in busting me when she hears a launch in progress when I'm supposed to be getting words onto the page. :D

Other half... Haha no, but for very complicated reasons. Instead, it's my school that's going to be taking a beating... next week is finals week for me and I should be studying the bejeezus out of school. But, hey, I'll learn more playing KSP. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

*rocks slowly in corner*

I bought a 24" monitor last Thanksgiving and moved my gaming computer out to the living room. So we can sit on the couch together, she can watch her TV shows, I can play KSP (or whatever other game is in my focus that day), and we can be together.

And my kids? My kids will ask me, "Can you play Kerbals so we can watch?" When they get older and start to grasp the engineering and physics, multiplayer will be all sorts of awesome. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.