KSP Updating And Your Saves, a Public Service Announcement.

sal_vager

Hello everyone :)

Any time KSP is updated there is a chance that savegames are lost or corrupted, so this is a reminder to everyone to back up your saves.

Just copy the saves folder in the Kerbal Space Program directory to a safe place.

Steam users can right click KSP in the Steam client, click "properties", "local files" tab, then the "browse local files" button to find their saves.

Some Windows users may need to look in their "C:/User/yourusername/application data" folder, which may be hidden.

Thank you.

Edited by sal_vager

I deleted all of my savegames yesterday. I feel that 1.0 deserves a completely fresh start, and besides, I was not too attached to any of my vessel designs.

I also removed all of my mods, because I assume they will be broken. I want to see how well I can do without any mods for a while - it's the best way to learn new stuff in my experience. I do want to find a KER update soon though.

Plan on starting again from scratch anyway...

Same here. I go by Richard Feynman's saying "What I cannot create, I do not understand." I want to build and rebuild everything I've done, if only to truly understand why a design worked. If I say "Damn, I erased my build! Now I can't have the same performance I had before!" Then it only shows that I didn't understand why that spaceplane flew the beautiful way it did.

The title of this thread. Such a great unintentional troll. "Public service announcement: the server migration's over, KSP's updating now!"

You might want to change it.

Or not. It's hilarious.

Plan on starting again from scratch anyway...

So many new features and parts to try that it just seems to be the thing to do.

Actually.... thats the wrong way to go in my opinion.

You should give your old crafts (the ones that you are familiar with) and give them a try in the new environment so see how they behave now...

just my little thoughts :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.