The KSP 1.0 Grand Discussion Thread: Conquering Space Was Never This Easy!

KasperVld

Says in the contract where you have to get the tourists.

Mine says "Sub-orbital trajectory" which means - anywhere - as long as it is sub-orbtial and on Kerbin.

Oh, it really is. I'm completely blind again. Thank you!

Messed with it for a few launches in sandbox, no time til tonight to play with it more. I'm not liking the fairings at all. Trying to make an interstage is a PITA, and there is no simple way I can see from fiddling around to make clamshells vs potato chips. If it requires a wiki page, it's a bad UI. Capsules in DRE/FAR worked as expected, a capsule reenters properly blunt-side down with SAS off. This requires constant control input in 1.0.

The SAS cannot deal with the atmosphere, if you set it, it gets very confused in the atmosphere.

Dear SQUAD,

If you scroll down to the bottom of the KSP website, there's a picture of a rather nasty-looking (sorry) rocket made in some older version of the game; it even has the red launch tower behind it. Also, there's clouds in the 'atmosphere' above it. Clearly, this isn't the version of KSP that we know and love.

I'd love to see Kerbal Space Program properly represented on the Kerbal Space Program website, which means a rocket made in a version of the game less than a year and a half old. Also, no clouds.

Would you mind at least considering these changes? Other than that, I love the new website and am looking forward to playing KSP 1.0.

(By the way, sorry if this has already been mentioned. I just got back from college and haven't had time to read the entirety of this thread yet.)

Sincerely,

Upsilon

No user adjustment for fairing separation - yet. But, Squad heard the requests (reddit AMA link), an option for separation will be made available, in the next update. Hopefully soon-ish ;)

Ah, good. Triple would be marvelous, but I'm happy with an option for two.

Er, feature request: petal quad interstage separation? :)

Dear SQUAD,

If you scroll down to the bottom of the KSP website, there's a picture of a rather nasty-looking (sorry) rocket made in some older version of the game; it even has the red launch tower behind it. Also, there's clouds in the 'atmosphere' above it. Clearly, this isn't the version of KSP that we know and love.

I'd love to see Kerbal Space Program properly represented on the Kerbal Space Program website, which means a rocket made in a version of the game less than a year and a half old. Also, no clouds.

Would you mind at least considering these changes? Other than that, I love the new website and am looking forward to playing KSP 1.0.

(By the way, sorry if this has already been mentioned. I just got back from college and haven't had time to read the entirety of this thread yet.)

Sincerely,

Upsilon

Yeah I would have to agree with you Upsilon.

I am literally crying right now. 1.0 is everything I ever wanted and more. This has to be one of the best updates, excluding the .17 update. This update gave so much. I have always wanted and IVA view for everything, and that's what I got. I always wanted fairings, and that's what I got. I always wanted more landing gear, intakes, and plane parts, and that's what I got. I can die a happy man now. PS. This is my 100th post, so the celebration for my 100th post will be my 101st post!

Edited by Prof. Endwalker

For the sake of hilarity: Take the 3.5m storage can, and put a 3.5m Monoprop tank in there. Put it in the middle of a rocket. Now go to launch it!

For those of you wanting cinematic rapid unplanned(?) disassembly, this is a very handy method.

For the sake of hilarity: Take the 3.5m storage can, and put a 3.5m Monoprop tank in there. Put it in the middle of a rocket. Now go to launch it!

For those of you wanting cinematic rapid unplanned(?) disassembly, this is a very handy method.

Have they ever attempted to hire you as a tester?