Sign in to follow this  
KasperVld

The KSP 1.0 Grand Discussion Thread: Conquering Space Was Never This Easy!

I added:

85.236.103.6 kerbalspaceprogram.com

to my hosts file

Thank you so ridiculously much! Everyone who found this helpful, please bury this member in rep. :)

What do you guys think? Is it possible to go to the moon on building level 1? It wasn't hard in 0.9 (afair stock w/o FAR) for me, but the new aero dynamic doesn't seem to compensate the heavy engine nerfs...

For users running Mac using "sudo discoveryutil udnsflushcaches" in your terminal to clear the DNS cache. Website is working for me now that I've done that :D

This did it. Thank you

So did the ability to configure the upgradeable buildings make it in? I've been looking through the game folder and haven't seen any config files related to that system yet.

I am going to be so excited when I get home. Drop everything, run upstairs, load up the game which had probably already been downloaded by steam... Ah yes. This will be good.

I love the 'Launch Video'.

In typical Kerbal style it burns off in style, ramps up to heroics and ends in disaster.

Followed by a jolly "It's never been easier!".

It's so brilliant that it can't be viewed without shades.

I feel everybody around me should be celebrating like it's new years eve, but alas, it's just a Monday to most people. I'm still doing backflips though! We did it guys! Ahhhhh, I don't really even know what to say I'm so excited!

So the old chase cam is still in? That is great news. I'm at least three hours out from opening the game myself and can't wait!

I'm not really liking how certain contracts only come up in fixed order. Why do I have to perform an orbital rendezvous around Kerbin before I can get a mission to circularize around and/or land on the Mun? Does not compute. I mean sure, that matches human space flight progress better, but it limits players new and old alike with rather arbitrary requirements which ultimately just cheat you out of a lot of funds, science, and reputation if you decide to do things any way but the "expected" way. Definite suggestion for 1.0.1: make all of the World-Firsts contracts into auto-contracts. It makes zero sense otherwise. "Oh, you landed on the Mun already? We expected you to rendezvous first, so you don't get squat! Sorry!"

And we Launched rockets from a dirt patch in the center. With only 3 parts we went to the moon and beyond

I've already begun experimenting with my open-cockpit jets again. The Banshee's performance, once upgraded to turbojets, has vastly improved. So happy.

Omg love everything you guys did with the camera! Chasecam is so cool and the wobble really intensifies everything, you can now almost feel how your vessel handles! The alt scroll, is that new or did I just never noticed that? It is great for taking some awesome screenshots!

Already awesome and I havent even checked every feature and part yet!

It's kind of dissapointing for me. For some reason the game just doesn't feel finished. It feels rushed a lot. The resource system feel uninspired and cheap. Just one resource which can be converted to fuel. The engine names seem tacked on and forced. Seriously, Rhino? Mammoth? Spider? Kickback?

For the tourists contracts - is it supposed to not show the markes on the map before taking the contract? I really would like to know the destination of theese guys - maybe they want to the poles and the trip will not worth my time?

For the tourists contracts - is it supposed to not show the markes on the map before taking the contract? I really would like to know the destination of theese guys - maybe they want to the poles and the trip will not worth my time?

Says in the contract where you have to get the tourists.

Mine says "Sub-orbital trajectory" which means - anywhere - as long as it is sub-orbtial and on Kerbin.

Facility upgrade costs re-evaluated, lowered by about a quarter overall.

... that's still a heck of a grind, considering that one of the more popular mods is one lowering cost by 90%, and it doesn't feel imbalanced.

I love the 'Launch Video'.

In typical Kerbal style it burns off in style, ramps up to heroics and ends in disaster.

Followed by a jolly "It's never been easier!".

It's so brilliant that it can't be viewed without shades.

I thought it might be a challenger reference, down to the alleged "secret tapes" of the crew screaming as they fell back down to earth.

Why not? What happens?

If you do so, and go to the pad, you can't revert back, and the game basically locks up. I would write up a bug report, but it appears to have already been brought to Harv's attention.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.