[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

Great looking update, RoverDude! But, may have a bug with the Nom-O-Matic 25000:

This pic shows where the attachment node is:

8HN7M0b.png

This pic show when it's attached:

mCmww2D.png

While the attachment point being offset from the center and maybe even gap to the attached part may be intentional, the problem is once attached to the craft, I could not remove it without re-loading/undo. That's probably not intentional. :)

I haven't d/l'ed 1.0.4 yet, so to be fair this is under 1.0.2, if that matters.

These are the mods I have installed:

QH7FJ9i.png

Edited by Death Engineering

Great looking update, RoverDude! But, may have a bug with the Nom-O-Matic 25000:

This pic shows where the attachment node is:

http://i.imgur.com/8HN7M0b.png

This pic show when it's attached:

http://i.imgur.com/mCmww2D.png

While the attachment point being offset from the center and maybe even gap to the attached part may be intentional, the problem is once attached to the craft, I could not remove it without re-loading/undo. That's probably not intentional. :)

I haven't d/l'ed 1.0.4 yet, so to be fair this is under 1.0.2, if that matters.

These are the mods I have installed:

http://i.imgur.com/QH7FJ9i.png

This has been posted here, and happens on 1.0.4 as well. :)

Yeah something happened there, I think youll be fine if you just download the source zip just under the release zip for 1.4 and then when you extract it just use the game data folder in there. Everything looks good with it.

I'm showing all the parts and the windows and timers seem to be functioning as normal. So it looks like it's working fine if you do the above and download the other zip file for now.

Edited by Hevak

The GitHub source and release links seem to be backward. The release doesn't contain a GameData folder and has all the bare .cs script files.
Yeah something happened there, I think youll be fine if you just download the source zip just under the release zip for 1.4 and then when you extract it just use the game data folder in there. Everything looks good with it.

I'm showing all the parts and the windows and timers seem to be functioning as normal. So it looks like it's working fine if you do the above and download the other zip file for now.

Lemme fix that...

Not gonna lie- I love the logistics that are added with life support. But as much as I love TAC, it's kinda janky at integrating with USI's life support things. But with this I can enjoy (mostly) the same amount of logistical pleasantry and requirement with greater efficiency!

e: speaking of janky- I uninstalled TAC and I'm using USI-LS only now, but all my cockpits and such are still showing TAC's "food/water/oxygen" supply thing. I presume that's because of the TAC-LS cfg that I think is part of the MKS stuff. Can I delete that safely and have it all switch over to USI-LS..?

Edited by Kershu5

Hey, I recently switched back to an old vessel that had 7 years worth of supplies and the life support info window was no longer reading anything out. Furthermore, debug was throwing exceptions constantly.

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[ProtoCrewMember] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[ProtoCrewMember] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.GenerateWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.OnWindow (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any help? I have Karbonite and Karbonite+ installed as well if that helps anything. Any other info I'd be happy to provide, sorry!

e: speaking of janky- I uninstalled TAC and I'm using USI-LS only now, but all my cockpits and such are still showing TAC's "food/water/oxygen" supply thing. I presume that's because of the TAC-LS cfg that I think is part of the MKS stuff. Can I delete that safely and have it all switch over to USI-LS..?

Are these resources only in parts you launched before uninstalling TAC?

Hmm, I'm puzzled, does any of the USI related packages add the slots 'simple command modules' and 'heavy command modules' to the tech tree right after enhanced survivability? Because after installing of this package those show up, but empty.

So I was wondering, what am I missing here. :confused:

Greets,

Jan

Here RoverDude, my save file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx87rp156i48z6l/speare_save_USIbug.zip?dl=0

Mods:

Toolbar

USI Life Support

EVE

Crew Manifest

Distant Objects

ESLD Beacons

Firespitter

KAS + KIS

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Routine Mission Manager

Kerbal Alarm Clock + Transfer Window Planner

Karbonite and Karbonite+

Finally got round to kicking off a career with this mod. Perfect mechanics - allows you to crash with only your command pod surviving, so rescue missions are back on the table, and generous enough to get your ship on a return trajectory from Minmus before the crew down tools and go on strike :) Thanks for the hard work, RoverDude ^^

While they're in that 15 day period the number is (was) yellow, not red. So that number stays. Just the red one goes.

This isn't how it's working for me. I have a vessel that's reporting "crew lost" only an hour or so after being decoupled from its supplies storage. Is this a bug?

Edit: And yet oddly enough, I was still able to EVA the crew, which I thought was disabled when the crew was lost, and re-boarding the ship seemed to reset the timer.

Edited by thegreatgonz

Okay I dug some deeper in why I get empty slots in my tech tree and it seems the culprit is the mod Atomic-Age that adds something called CommunityTechTree.cfg. There's however no documentation at all in the package to indicate what other mods should be installed to fill this custom tree correctly.

If anyone knows of a list or description what's needed to let this function correctly, I'll be obliged if you let me know. ;-)

Greets,

Jan

Whenever I enter the VAB or SPH the life support status window won't show any of my vessels anymore. When entering the Tracking center or Astronaut Complex it keeps working.

I am Rion Wulfe, and I support this mod. *grin* Another great mod, RoverDude, thank you for your continued work on making KSP both more fun, and more challenging. I love how this doesn't immediately kill Kerbals (this feels more Kerbally to me). I've been flying my little greenhouses and Kerbals all over the place.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.