[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

So I made a thing to check the progression on mass for life support for number of kerbals and days in flight:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ewlbEVwGbxUke23M84C7ZUU5vieG7yIFLovNLY5hz-o/edit?usp=sharing

I did not factor in additional scientists for the MPL, are they required for the recycler?

Edit: I seem to slightly disagree with https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/wiki/Most-Efficient-Mass where I see the break even between just supplies and using a greenhouse at 35days instead of 29.

Edited by invultri

9 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Thanks - please put that info in a GitHub issue and I will take a look at that.

I'm working on several things for a release on Friday.

I went to add it and found an already reported issue from February, so I added my observations to the comments :)

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/issues/76?_pjax=%23js-repo-pjax-container

14 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Not familiar with Kerbalism so I'd need more specificity (i.e. better describe what it is you want)?

I think he means make the LS button behave like the stock apps Messages, Contracts, Resources etc. where merely hovering over the button opens the window, and all windows open and close automatically according to where the mouse hovers like they were all menus + clicking the button makes the window stick without having to hover over it.

I, for one, would much rather see Toolbar support and the AppLauncher button be made removable (like MKS basically)...

1 hour ago, MaxRebo said:

I think he means make the LS button behave like the stock apps Messages, Contracts, Resources etc. where merely hovering over the button opens the window, and all windows open and close automatically according to where the mouse hovers like they were all menus + clicking the button makes the window stick without having to hover over it.

I, for one, would much rather see Toolbar support and the AppLauncher button be made removable (like MKS basically)...

I understood that, too, and support the motion! I wish many mods had this, in fact.

So my station in Kerbin orbit ran out of power, so my agroponics module went kerplunk and my 2 scientists ate up all the supplies. I didn't notice it for awhile so when I checked in they were "refusing to work". I docked a small ship with some huge solar panels and more supplies and got everything back up and running 100% but now I get these messages constantly

"blah blah kermin is refusing to work"

"blah blah kermin has returned to duty"

"blah blah kermin is refusing to work"

"blah blah kermin has returned to duty"

It just spams that over and over continuously. I can still EVA the kerbals in the station, but as soon as they go back in the messages keep going.  KSP 1.1 with USI-LS and MKS Lite! via Ckan (up to date as of 11am EST this morning). I have all the USI Mods installed aside from MKS/OKS.

Just now, RoverDude said:

@brocko - I was unable to repro your issue, can you confirm which mod version and KSP version you are using?

KSP 1.1, USI-LS 0.4.2.0

While I was futzing with it I noticed that the "hab" had expired as well. I'm still not sure that explains the repeated messages - if hab were expired they would never come back to duty?

Unrelated.  A couple of new things are being worked.

First - a unified settings menu and a single settings file.

Second.  A new (and separate) parts pack that builds a set of generic parts to work with USI-LS - Fertilizer generators, habitats, and a new greenhouse model or two.  The idea is that this will be a pack that can be used stand-alone, or dovetail right into MKS-Lite or UKS :)

On 4/23/2016 at 6:11 AM, Grumman said:

It sounds like it's working as intended. Your confusion is a result of two things: You have zero time and zero supplies left before you hit your 15 day reserve (USI-LS gives you 15 days of virtual supplies instead of demanding you stick a supply canister on every single craft you launch), and you also have infinite time because you're still on Kerbin - your Kerbals are basically being fed from the KSC's stores instead of the craft's stores while you wait for launch.

Ok, after installing Community Resource pack per @RoverDude, I'm now getting proper reading when I check life support status on the pad! :)

The special rule, orange suited kerbals don't refuse to work. Has that been taken out? Or perhaps its a bug.

My mission took longer then i expected and so ran out of supplies, i didnt think too much on it as i use the orange suited kerbals to tread the waters, however it is jebediah, valentina and bob in the vessel and i cannot control them or the craft.  If you need the persistence file then just ask and i'll upload it.  For now here is a screenshot:

ksp_orange_tourist.jpg

@RoverDude

I'm toying with the idea of switching from TAC-LS because I want a system that deals with the mental health of kerbals. I noticed a lot of your comments in other life support mod threads mentioned tons of cool features in USI-LS that I can't find any information about. Things like living space, medical care, etc. being taken into account. Is there some place I can find a wiki or manual that explains the way the system works NOW, instead of years ago? :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.