[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

It's just you :wink:  More details please, also be sure to use the 1.1.2 version on KSP 1.1.2

Updating to the most current version of mods is the first thing I do with mods that don't work. the problem is the current version IS the one that's not working. As I said earlier though it doesn't seem to matter at all what other mods are installed along side since it can be the single and only mod installed and it still doesn't function. the UI is always blank and resources are not consumed under any circumstances. the newest versions of Module manager or community resource pack don't fix it.

Nope, they do not :)

Fertilizer is what lets you convert mulch back into supplies.  About 90% mulch to 10% fertilizer.

Making new fertilizer (currently) is a mod-land thing, but I'll be releasing a 'Farm-Core' mod for USI-LS that adds a bunch of basic parts,  so you can either play with it as is, play with it and farm-core and make stock bases, or work with parts packs that don't add extra processes (like Lack and Nertea's stuff), or use it to extend and add part variety to other mods that use USI-LS (i.e. MKS/OKS/MKS-Lite/etc.)

2 hours ago, Kerbal Pig said:

I am not sure why but my kerbals are not consuming supplies or producing mulch, can someone help me?

Gonna need more info than this. Screenshots of the vessel would help. If you are testing on kerbin, supplies won't be used. 

Ok, now I'm wondering what's up.  More than a dozen mods that I personally know of are simply not listed on CKAN.  Not "filtered out by version filtering," but not listed at all.  Some have been restored, but I'm really wondering what's going on.

@RoverDude, I am curious if you intend for your mods to be CKAN-indexed, as only a small handful are (if the mod is already installed on your system it'll show, but if you uninstall it or point your CKAN toward a sterile modless copy of KSP, it'll disappear and de-list.)  If you do intend for that, and it's pegged as compatible with v1.1.2, I'd be happy to follow up on your other comments last week in the form of me installing your LS mod and trying it out (I lurve the rest of the USI suite anyway) and deciding for myself if I'd prefer this or the TACLS route, which'd prolly be manual-install for a while anyway.

27 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

Ok, now I'm wondering what's up.  More than a dozen mods that I personally know of are simply not listed on CKAN.  Not "filtered out by version filtering," but not listed at all.  Some have been restored, but I'm really wondering what's going on.

@RoverDude, I am curious if you intend for your mods to be CKAN-indexed, as only a small handful are (if the mod is already installed on your system it'll show, but if you uninstall it or point your CKAN toward a sterile modless copy of KSP, it'll disappear and de-list.)  If you do intend for that, and it's pegged as compatible with v1.1.2, I'd be happy to follow up on your other comments last week in the form of me installing your LS mod and trying it out (I lurve the rest of the USI suite anyway) and deciding for myself if I'd prefer this or the TACLS route, which'd prolly be manual-install for a while anyway.

All of my mods are CKAN indexed, as I handle the metadata myself.  So if they are not appearing, I'd ask the CKAN people what's up (I've heard of no issues, but expect it will take some people squawking for them to check things on their end).

19 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

I'm so sorry, I just couldn't resist

RAfg57G.png

Actually, given that I've already asked CKAN several times, and the only responses I've gotten from them were to go to the mod author, and then when the mod author finally asks them a question something gets looked at, what would you suggest I do, O Arbiter Of The Forums.  With your snark-ass attitude.

And you misspelled Modder, you... *person*.

Welp.  My version files are all up to date, and KSP-AVC (which works just fine) is happy.  The files themselves are fine since they have to be well formed JSON to make it through my automated deploys.   But it looks like something has gotten borked on the CKAN side.  

So, I'd recommend installing KSP-AVC and sticking with manual installs.  It's rock solid, reliable, notifies of updates instantly (no indexing) and has caused me zero support issues :wink: 

(I ping'd one of the CKAN people, will see if I can get a reply).

16 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

Actually, given that I've already asked CKAN several times, and the only responses I've gotten from them were to go to the mod author, and then when the mod author finally asks them a question something gets looked at, what would you suggest I do, O Arbiter Of The Forums.  With your snark-ass attitude.

And you misspelled Modder, you... *person*.

Oh cmon, it's a joke.  Given how often modders (such as roverdude) classify CKAN as "support issue spawners" it's not too far off the mark.

Anyhow it got me the likes I was after. :D

Oh and meme's are better when they are misspelled.

Edited by goldenpsp

OK so after a little bit of playing around and testing I forced the kerbals to consume resources now, I have to manually change the settings in the config file because the GUI doesn't work.

When in flight opening the GUI reveals only a blank window that flashes from grey to white every second precisely with the game clock. still showing no information about vessels. The same thing occurs when looking at the KSC. Blank grey window that flashes with every second of the game clock. Only when inside the VAB does the GUI display anything and even thin its just a whole lot of zero's

In space blank GUI

KSC only moments later.

13 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Gonna need more info than this. Screenshots of the vessel would help. If you are testing on kerbin, supplies won't be used. 

Here and here

Also, could it be some compatibility issues?(I am using usi-ls designed for 1.1 on 1.1.2)

Another thing: this is on Minmus, as you can see by the screenshots I took.

On 4/28/2016 at 1:05 AM, Kerbal Pig said:

1)Planetary base mods

2)USI-ls

3)Kerbal engineer

4)dock-alignment indicator

5)Kerbal Alarm clock

and community resource pack, are my mods and KAS and KIS

Edited by Kerbal Pig

33 minutes ago, Kerbal Pig said:

Here and here

Also, could it be some compatibility issues?(I am using usi-ls designed for 1.1 on 1.1.2)

Another thing: this is on Minmus, as you can see by the screenshots I took.

and community resource pack, are my mods and KAS and KIS

Ok can you also post screenshots of your GameData folder and UmbraSpaceIndustries folder?

On 4/30/2016 at 2:17 AM, RoverDude said:

More specificity please.  Resources should absolutely be used during warp...  What does the UI show?

2.  I don't understand, more specificity please.

When running out of supplies, the remaining time goes negative, right? I just thought it might be more helpful to turn into a countdown timer showing the time remaining until negative effects begin. ^_^

Hello,

this CKAN issue is strange... I don't get it. I have a 1.1.0 install, installed penty mods at 1.1.0 (incl much USI mods), updated that install to 1.1.1 and now to 1.1.2 and I am updating the mods via ckan as soon as updates come... ckan looks so at this moment:

Rw4ty50.png

I am wondering, why USI Core is listed as 1.1.1 and MKS as 1.1.0. ALL has 1167 mods listed

However, if I change CKAN to a completely new 1.1.2 KSP install folder, it only lists this:

ayzr9oq.png

Catergory ALL has 1154 mods listed.
Both pics taken with filter to ALL. Something is strange here, since 1.1.1 / 1.1.2 but I don't know what...

Roverdude: Could your meta file have some enconding ckan doesn't like, atm? However, even when, I am not sure if this would explain the issue.

BR
Rob

Edited by Rob2222

Question (bug??):

Did something change in the latest update in terms of supply consumption rates?  Are they hard-coded now? 

The reason I am asking is that I edited consumption rate to ~2kg/24hr with matching changes to greenhouses (as find it ridiculous that a kerbal would consume 64kg of supplies in 24hr), but I am still seeing 64kg/24hr consumption rate in the game (used to work correctly in .40.2.0).

Also, excluding vets from ill effects does not seem to work any more.

Here is my config:

LIFE_SUPPORT_SETTINGS
{
    SupplyTime = 259200            //How many seconds before Kerbals are affected by no supplies
    EVATime = 21600                //How many seconds before ill effects on EVA
    ECAmount = 0.01                //EC per Kerbal per second                        
    SupplyAmount = 0.00002315        //Supplies consumed per Kerbal per second
    WasteAmount = 0.00002315        //Mulch produced per Kerbal per second
    NoSupplyEffect = 1            //Effect if a Kerbal has no supplies or EC
    NoSupplyEffectVets = 0        //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and has no supplies or EC
    EVAEffect = 1                //Effect if a Kerbal exceeds EVA time        
    EVAEffectVets = 0            //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and exceeds EVA time
    NoHomeEffect = 0            //Effect if a Kerbal becomes homesick
    NoHomeEffectVets = 0        //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and becomes homesick
    HabMultiplier = 5            //Bonus to hab values (1 = default = 100% of the part's rated value)
    HomeWorldAltitude = 50000    //Altitude on Kerbin that negative effects are removed
    BaseHabTime = 1                //How long can 1 crew capacity support 1 Kerbal, expressed in Kerbal Months
    ReplacementPartAmount = 0    //How fast life support equipment and habs 'wears out'
    HabRange = 150                //How close we need to be to use other vessel's habitation modules and recyclers.
    EnableRecyclers = true        //Use resource recyclers?  Not the same as resource converteres like greenhouses!
    VetNames = Jebediah,Valentina,Bill,Bob    
}

//  SIDE EFFECTS:
//
//  0 = No Effect (The feature is effectively turned off
//  1 = Grouchy (they become a Tourist until rescued)
//  2 = Mutinous (A tourist, but destroys a part of a nearby vessel...)
//  3 = Instantly 'wander' back to the KSC - don't ask us how!
//  4 = M.I.A. (will eventually respawn)
//  5 = K.I.A.

EDIT:

Yep, it seems like the settings.cfg is totally ignored.

Edited by Tau137

5 minutes ago, Tau137 said:

Question (bug??):

Did something change in the latest update in terms of supply consumption rates?  Are they hard-coded now? 

The reason I am asking is that I edited consumption rate to ~2kg/24hr with matching changes to greenhouses (as find it ridiculous that a kerbal would consume 64kg of supplies in 24hr), but I am still seeing 64kg/24hr consumption rate in the game (used to work correctly in .40.2.0).

Also, excluding vets from ill effects does not seem to work any more.

Here is my config:

Hide contents

LIFE_SUPPORT_SETTINGS
{
    SupplyTime = 259200            //How many seconds before Kerbals are affected by no supplies
    EVATime = 21600                //How many seconds before ill effects on EVA
    ECAmount = 0.01                //EC per Kerbal per second                        
    SupplyAmount = 0.00002315        //Supplies consumed per Kerbal per second
    WasteAmount = 0.00002315        //Mulch produced per Kerbal per second
    NoSupplyEffect = 1            //Effect if a Kerbal has no supplies or EC
    NoSupplyEffectVets = 0        //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and has no supplies or EC
    EVAEffect = 1                //Effect if a Kerbal exceeds EVA time        
    EVAEffectVets = 0            //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and exceeds EVA time
    NoHomeEffect = 0            //Effect if a Kerbal becomes homesick
    NoHomeEffectVets = 0        //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and becomes homesick
    HabMultiplier = 5            //Bonus to hab values (1 = default = 100% of the part's rated value)
    HomeWorldAltitude = 50000    //Altitude on Kerbin that negative effects are removed
    BaseHabTime = 1                //How long can 1 crew capacity support 1 Kerbal, expressed in Kerbal Months
    ReplacementPartAmount = 0    //How fast life support equipment and habs 'wears out'
    HabRange = 150                //How close we need to be to use other vessel's habitation modules and recyclers.
    EnableRecyclers = true        //Use resource recyclers?  Not the same as resource converteres like greenhouses!
    VetNames = Jebediah,Valentina,Bill,Bob    
}

//  SIDE EFFECTS:
//
//  0 = No Effect (The feature is effectively turned off
//  1 = Grouchy (they become a Tourist until rescued)
//  2 = Mutinous (A tourist, but destroys a part of a nearby vessel...)
//  3 = Instantly 'wander' back to the KSC - don't ask us how!
//  4 = M.I.A. (will eventually respawn)
//  5 = K.I.A.

O you use this with MKS?

Yes, using with UKS (although slightly tweaked/truncated to my taste)

EDIT:  Eurica!  Found that extra config, THANK YOU for pointing this out!

Edited by Tau137

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.