[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

10 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Did an update, hopefully CKAN will reindex in the relatively near future :P

Looks like there was an issue in the .ckan file 

"ksp_version_min": "1.1.1",

"ksp_version_max": "1.1.0",

For whatever reason I can't get my fork to update properly and my pull requests hit an error.  

But let's not clog this thread up with CKAN BS.

I've been through your github issues and I can't find it.  Is it a known issue or limitation that resource converters do not operate, or at least do not appear to operate when the ship is not focused?

I have not had a chance to do extensive testing, but as it is right now, if I add an OKS_AgModule to my space station, supply it with Fertilizer and Mulch, it will indeed slowly increase available supplies while Agroponics is started AND the ship is in focus.  As soon as I switch focus to another station the supplies again begin to drop.

Edited by tito13kfm

Thing is - that version file is ridiculously out of date.  I pushed a new version to see if it can knock it back to where it needs to be.

What should happen RE the converter is it will catch up once you return to focus.  So the UI will be a bit out of whack

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

Thing is - that version file is ridiculously out of date.  I pushed a new version to see if it can knock it back to where it needs to be.

What should happen RE the converter is it will catch up once you return to focus.  So the UI will be a bit out of whack

I guess I'll have to do further testing.  I was fairly sure that it doesn't catch up, but I was sleep deprived when I first saw it behaving like that.

Just now, Tandoori said:

Habitat and Homesickness. I believe the Hab value is only relevant is you're also using UKS.

right, thanks, but what happens when the homesick timer ends? do they die of homesickness? :P 

The consequences of the hab and home times are configurable in the .cfg (same as the effects of being out of supplies). You can make it lethal, but (last time I checked) the default was for hab and home to have no effect. I usually set supplies to lethal and hab/home to "mutiny" (they're tourists, and they blow something up).

On 4/30/2016 at 9:17 AM, RoverDude said:

First I have to apologize for typing in this quote box, I can't seem to make it go away. I've restarted absolutely everything and it just keeps popping up when I try to type, inspecting the code and deleting it from there just breaks the entire text box.

FML right now, Absolutely everything in my world is FUBAR and I've just have had enough. I want to fix all these damn problems before I start pulling out my hair.

http://imgur.com/Ob19U0C

I have no idea how this is meant to help. I freshly re-installed KSP after the 1.1 update because the original update didn't patch properly and broke KSP entirely so a re-install was necessary.

So I'm trying to add USI-LS Hab values for some of the parts from Neretea's Station Parts Expanded mod, but my Module Manger patches don't appear to be working. Can I get some help?

So here's a MM patch:

// PXL-1 'Hostel' Deep-Space Habitation Module
@PART[crewpod-habitation-375]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]:AFTER[USILifeSupport]
{
    -MODULE[ModuleHabitation] {}
    MODULE    
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        ModuleHabitation = 25
    }

}

And here's what shows up in KSP.log:

[LOG 21:36:00.094] Config(@PART[crewpod-habitation-375]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]:AFTER[USILifeSupport]) StationPartsExpansion/Patches/SSPX-USI-LS/@PART[crewpod-habitation-375]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]:AFTER[USILifeSupport]

[LOG 21:36:21.377] [ModuleManager] Applying node UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/LSModule/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleLifeSupport],#CrewCapacity[*],~CrewCapacity[0]]:FOR[USILifeSupport] to StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Command/crewpod-habitation-375/crewpod-habitation-375/crewpod-habitation-375

LOG 21:36:21.439] [ModuleManager] :AFTER[USILIFESUPPORT] pass

[LOG 21:36:21.455] [ModuleManager] Applying node StationPartsExpansion/Patches/SSPX-USI-LS/@PART[crewpod-habitation-375]:AFTER[USILifeSupport] to StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Command/crewpod-habitation-375/crewpod-habitation-375/crewpod-habitation-375

However, in the game, I only Habitation with Kerbal-Months of 9. What's going on?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot, the correct key is KerbalMonths.

Edited by ibanix

1 hour ago, Kerbal Pig said:

It works! Turns out it was simply a bug due to 1.1.2 compatibility issues, either that or a fresh install worked, when I downloaded the newest version everything worked fine! Thanks anyway!

Good deal!

51 minutes ago, FletcherDragon said:
On 4/30/2016 at 7:17 PM, RoverDude said:

First I have to apologize for typing in this quote box, I can't seem to make it go away. I've restarted absolutely everything and it just keeps popping up when I try to type, inspecting the code and deleting it from there just breaks the entire text box.

FML right now, Absolutely everything in my world is FUBAR and I've just have had enough. I want to fix all these damn problems before I start pulling out my hair.

http://imgur.com/Ob19U0C

I have no idea how this is meant to help. I freshly re-installed KSP after the 1.1 update because the original update didn't patch properly and broke KSP entirely so a re-install was necessary.

You are missing USI Tools.  That's mandatory... without it this modwill not work at all :) It is bundled with the mod.  Install manually if CKAN is being silly.

32 minutes ago, ibanix said:

So I'm trying to add USI-LS Hab values for some of the parts from Neretea's Station Parts Expanded mod, but my Module Manger patches don't appear to be working. Can I get some help?

So here's a MM patch:

And here's what shows up in KSP.log:

However, in the game, I only Habitation with Kerbal-Months of 9. What's going on?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot, the correct key is KerbalMonths.

Glad you got it sorted :)

55 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

You are missing USI Tools.  That's mandatory... without it this modwill not work at all :) It is bundled with the mod.  Install manually if CKAN is being silly.

I originally removed it because it added a bunch of redundant and empty part tabs in the VAB which is rather annoying. It sounded like it was dev tools or something which I have no interest in. but since its mandatory I'd love to be able to atleast be rid of them some how since i'll never use them. yes I know they are for other USI mods but I don't actually want to use any of those.

Also the text box fixed itself too. whatever was going on with it. IDK...

FYI, have also been getting the "[Vet Kerbal] is refusing to work/has returned to duty" UI spam when the habitation timer runs out, even though I have that requirement turned off in the config. Have you pinpointed the problem yet, or would you like me to subit logs and/or saves?

I'm running a lot of mods currently, so I'll probably want to create an instance with just LS/MKS to verify it's not some other conflict.

@Tandoori - as soon as someone can get me a save with it happening I can troubleshoot it.  All I need to see is the issue manifesting on a station/base that just has USI parts on it, and I can load it up and do some debugging.  If you have one, attach it to an issue on Github and let me know please

1 hour ago, Tandoori said:

FYI, have also been getting the "[Vet Kerbal] is refusing to work/has returned to duty" UI spam when the habitation timer runs out, even though I have that requirement turned off in the config. Have you pinpointed the problem yet, or would you like me to subit logs and/or saves?

I'm running a lot of mods currently, so I'll probably want to create an instance with just LS/MKS to verify it's not some other conflict.

I also get "refuses to work .... returns to work" lines over and over for vete when hab expires. 

Are logs useful in that case?

Couple questions about the settings.cfg:

HabMultipiler defaults to 5, but the comment says 1 = 100% rated value. Which one should I use for a decent amount of difficulty?

ReplacementPartAmount defaults to 0. What other settings can be used for that value?

Just now, dlrk said:

Couple questions about the settings.cfg:

HabMultipiler defaults to 5, but the comment says 1 = 100% rated value. Which one should I use for a decent amount of difficulty?

ReplacementPartAmount defaults to 0. What other settings can be used for that value?

It's '5' if you're using MKS Lite. If you're using regular MKS/OKS, it's '1'. The five value is to easy-mode for people trying out Lite.

UI Spamming issue reported on GitHub, save file uploaded, as well as an imgur gallery at http://imgur.com/a/Yjrdy. This was all reproduced on a new sandbox save after removing all but a number of commonly used mods. Let me know if I can provide any more information, thanks!

Edited by Tandoori

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.