[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

Hi Roverdude,  

Many (all?) of the parts that offer a habitation bonus require activation and consume electric charge.  Would it be possible to list the EC cost in the VAB stats pop-up?  That would make estimating out how many solar panels I need much easier.

Hi RoverDude! First of all, I am blown away by the scope and quality of your mods. I sent some pizza monies your way. I have time to donate too, so I will be looking for ways to help out, like with the GitHub wiki.

On the last page you mentioned that dedicated greenhouse and hab parts are coming. I have not set up any bases on my career save yet, so do you suggest I should hold off until you had implemented those new parts? Will they be a part of major release possibly months off, or something which is close to completion?

Edited by RemoteRadical

1 minute ago, Space Cowboy Bob said:

Is "Colony Supplies" something new? What's the difference between those and regular supplies?

Regular supplies are for staying alive, colony supplies are for staying happy. So Supplies are basic life support (green algae sludge for nutrition), while Colony supplies (USB sticks with Disco music) extend your hab time.

Just now, Kobymaru said:

Regular supplies are for staying alive, colony supplies are for staying happy. So Supplies are basic life support (green algae sludge for nutrition), while Colony supplies (USB sticks with Disco music) extend your hab time.

Ok thanks. And I did a search after I left the message and definitely Colony Supplies aren't new.

Other question. Where does KSP get the cost of resources (gypsum for example)? Where does it know how much to add to the cost of a launch if we include resources in Kontainers?

Are veterans not immune to becoming tourists due to running out of hab? I had a poke around in the settings file, even added my own "NoHabEffectVets = 0" line in but couldn't get it to work. Is there some other setting somewhere that needs to be changed? I seem to be running out of Hab long before EC or Supplies.

I have most of the other USI mods installed including MKS. Maybe that's causing some weird overwrite or something?

Running 1.2 and 0.5.0

2 hours ago, techno36 said:

Are veterans not immune to becoming tourists due to running out of hab? I had a poke around in the settings file, even added my own "NoHabEffectVets = 0" line in but couldn't get it to work. Is there some other setting somewhere that needs to be changed? I seem to be running out of Hab long before EC or Supplies.

I have most of the other USI mods installed including MKS. Maybe that's causing some weird overwrite or something?

Running 1.2 and 0.5.0

There is a USILS settings file in the MKS folder. Also, you can change it with the in game settings menu. Accessed from the main KSC screen. 

Is there a good wiki for this?  I've been reading through the forums here page by page and went back to when HAB time was first released but that post says Read the Forums (I thought I was), is there another forum post somewhere that explains HAB time?  I like using long term vessels over and over again.  Is this possible anymore?

8 hours ago, techno36 said:

Running 1.2 and 0.5.0

As noted best to just use the KSC GUI.  And default immunity was deprecated a while back

5 hours ago, Stratickus said:

Is it safe to delete the legacy parts if we haven't used them yet, or is there a reason to keep both?

Yup if you don't need them, delete them

1 hour ago, talon_65 said:

Is there a good wiki for this?  I've been reading through the forums here page by page and went back to when HAB time was first released but that post says Read the Forums (I thought I was), is there another forum post somewhere that explains HAB time?  I like using long term vessels over and over again.  Is this possible anymore?

Wiki on GitHub.  Some of the numbers have changed but the concepts are the same.

Ok it's my turn to ask probably a silly question, but I'm having a brainfart in understanding what I'm looking at.

When in the VAB, my currently constructed ship shows a Habitation time (with 3 kerbals) of 227 days.  Honestly I was surprised how high of a hab time I got with just the Capsule and a hitchhiker.  It was way more than I need but I didn't think much of it.

Spoiler

CZV78lR.png

As soon as I launch and look the Hab time is way different. When launched I'm only show each of my 3 kerbals only have 17 days of hab time.  I'm trying to understand how the numbers are so different.

Spoiler

Le4qh4i.png

I've submitted a pull request to Rover to fix the USI-LS parts showing up in the wrong categories. In the meantime, the Module Manager patch below will remove the USI-LS parts from the wrong categories.  Put the text below into a .cfg file and put it in your GameData directory.  I would name the file something like USI_LS_Fixes.cfg so that it will be easy to spot and delete once this is fixed in a new version.

@PART[Fert_Tank_250|Fert_Tank_125|Fert_Tank_375|Fert_Tank_250|USILS_ViewingCupola|LS_Tank_375|LS_Tank_250|LS_Tank_125|USILS_SmCupola|USILS_Recycler|MulchMiniPack|FertilizerMiniPack|LifeSupportMiniPack|USILS_LgRecycler|USILS_Greenhouse_Sm|USILS_Greenhouse_MiniCupola|USILS_Greenhouse_Lg|USILS_Greenhouse_Inline|USILS_Greenhouse_Cupola|USILS_Greenhouse_250]
{
	!Category = none
	%category = none
}

On 10/11/2016 at 5:57 PM, RoverDude said:

NEW VERSION FOR KSP 1.2 IS UP!

0.5.0 - (KSP 1.2)
------------------
The Nom-O-Matics have been deprecated for improved models.  They have been moved to a LEGACY folder to prevent breaking existing saves, though they may not have textures.  This folder will be deleted with the next KSP release.

Glad there is a breadcrumb trail, as the deprecation of the Nom-O-Matics has done something the evil Kerbulans have only dreamed of--destroyed Kerbfleet's flagship, KSS Intrepid! :) Hopefully Chief Engineer Bill can figure out some sort of persistomancy that replaces the old parts with something current. In the meantime, I have been bouncing around GitHub for a little while now and can't seem to find that LEGACY folder, can someone please point me in the right direction? Or will it work if I simply copy over the old .cfg and .mu files from my 1.1.3 folder? Thanks!

Just asking, what i have to adjust to get the Viewing Copula out of the list as possible "Wreackage" and "Debris" Parts used in the Rescue Contracts? I just stumbled into that issue today when i was switching over to the Life Support Mod of yours and go for a Rescue Mission. The Kerbal in question is in a Viewing Copula and guess what? It has no Hatch xD I mean okay, you can see it as a rescue mission with a bit more of a difficulty if you got KIS/KAS but it would be good if the contract tell you that detail before lift off!

8 minutes ago, Ferigad said:

Just asking, what i have to adjust to get the Viewing Copula out of the list as possible "Wreackage" and "Debris" Parts used in the Rescue Contracts? I just stumbled into that issue today when i was switching over to the Life Support Mod of yours and go for a Rescue Mission. The Kerbal in question is in a Viewing Copula and guess what? It has no Hatch xD I mean okay, you can see it as a rescue mission with a bit more of a difficulty if you got KIS/KAS but it would be good if the contract tell you that detail before lift off!

Gonna post this for the third of fourth time in the last few pages 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.