[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

39 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

Sounds like a problem to report to the TweakScalr thread

Nope. Theoretically this is on USI's shoulders.

USI MKS and LS has embedded patches for TweakScale, the support is added there, not on TweakScale - so changes on USI that affect the patches, ideally, should be applied to the USI Patches itself, not on TweakScale that doesn't even have them at first place.

15 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Nope. Theoretically this is on USI's shoulders.

USI MKS and LS has embedded patches for TweakScale, the support is added there, not on TweakScale - so changes on USI that affect the patches, ideally, should be applied to the USI Patches itself, not on TweakScale that doesn't even have them at first place.

Sorry, my mistake.  I made the assumption something in TweakScale you need to be aware of the USI Converters to scale their outputs.

4 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

Sorry, my mistake.  I made the assumption something in TweakScale you need to be aware of the USI Converters to scale their outputs.

What is a serious maintenance nightmare. Why TweakScale should need to be aware of USI, when the patches [and the converters] are on USI itself?

Edited by Lisias
Needed clarification. Between brackets.

11 hours ago, Lisias said:

What is a serious maintenance nightmare. Why TweakScale should need to be aware of USI, when the patches [and the converters] are on USI itself?

I take pull requests.   Any support for Tweakscale is provided as-is based on that, since I don't use it, and offer zero official support for it.  About the only support I would ever offer would be to delete the Tweakscale patch if it caused me headaches in this thread.

12 hours ago, RoverDude said:

I take pull requests.   Any support for Tweakscale is provided as-is based on that, since I don't use it, and offer zero official support for it.  About the only support I would ever offer would be to delete the Tweakscale patch if it caused me headaches in this thread.

So, what do you think of a TweakScale Companion for USI? Doing this way, both of us would get rid of a headache - you, by not maintaining an artefact you don't want to know about and don't use, and me by removing an unrelated artefact from TweakScale.

Any heat is taken by the Companion itself, and it's the Companion's maintainer problem (being this guy that other me, not me).

From your side, just tell people to talk to this guy on anything related to TweakScale and you are set. The Companions are designed to cope with legacy.

On 9/20/2020 at 11:14 AM, Lisias said:

So, what do you think of a TweakScale Companion for USI? Doing this way, both of us would get rid of a headache - you, by not maintaining an artefact you don't want to know about and don't use, and me by removing an unrelated artefact from TweakScale.

Any heat is taken by the Companion itself, and it's the Companion's maintainer problem (being this guy that other me, not me).

From your side, just tell people to talk to this guy on anything related to TweakScale and you are set. The Companions are designed to cope with legacy.

If someone wants to maintain something separate for TweakScale compatibility that's not bundled (i.e. no longer something I have to worry about) then I am 100% behind that ;)

• 3 weeks later...

With USI Life Support in KSP 1.10, I'm always getting Indefinite habitation like in stock. Both habitat and home.  Supplies and fertilizer seems to work OK though.

Anything I should check that should be installed?

Thanks, I did try to search the forums and web.

P.S. No tweekscale issues., I can find the correct size drum.

Edited by enewmen

On 10/12/2020 at 7:40 AM, enewmen said:

With USI Life Support in KSP 1.10, I'm always getting Indefinite habitation like in stock. Both habitat and home.  Supplies and fertilizer seems to work OK though.

Anything I should check that should be installed?

Thanks, I did try to search the forums and web.

P.S. No tweekscale issues., I can find the correct size drum.

Edit: yes, it does.

My Nom-O-Matic 5000 doesn't work. It doesn't consume fertilizer nor generates supplies.

KSP 1.10 / LS 1.3

Edited by kerbarara

I have been patiently waiting for 1.10 support on USI because it touched so may things I didn't want to load it till its out.  But now I'm assuming it will not be released anymore for latest Kerbal I and we should just wait for Kerbal 2 to be out? 

Ya I can see people have gotten some things to work with 1.10, but I wanted to be sure it's 'fully compatible' before adding it in as a mod.

1 hour ago, Atlas Gaming said:

I have been patiently waiting for 1.10 support on USI because it touched so may things I didn't want to load it till its out.  But now I'm assuming it will not be released anymore for latest Kerbal I and we should just wait for Kerbal 2 to be out? 

Ya I can see people have gotten some things to work with 1.10, but I wanted to be sure it's 'fully compatible' before adding it in as a mod.

USI-LS is fine in 1.10.x

On 10/21/2020 at 8:20 AM, Poodmund said:

I think people become confused because the thread titles of the various mods do not reflect this.

Thats why I'm a proponent of just removing that info from thread subjects, especially if the modder is very busy.  Then people can just check the release notes linked in the OP.

Edited by goldenpsp

Thank you for the treasured world that is MKS and USI-LS. Thank you for making me happy.

I installed USI-LS later on after I started the game.
After playing for a while, I was often plagued by a few problems.
I've found what I believe to be the cause of the problem and I'll report it here.

Events that occur
 The LS Status window is blank.
 All CommNet is disconnected; all green lines disappear in the TrackingCenter screen as well.

Scenes that occur

In a Vessel, supply or hab becomes expire and trait becomes "Tourist". At this point, the problem does not arise.
The problem occurs when the supply or hab is treated afterwards and the expire is restored.

Findings
After isolating and examining it, it turns out that the problem is not with the other mods, nor with Vessel, but with Kerbal.
I removed the problematic Kerbal from the save file and the problem went away.
In the save file, I found the following description.

KERBAL
        {
            name = ジェバダイア・カーマン
            trait = パイロット
        }

Perhaps the correct spelling is "trait = Pilot".
I'm using the Japanese version of KSP.
Indeed, "Pilot" in English is written as "パイロット" in Japanese. But in the save file, all the other normal kerbal are written as "Pilot" in English.
By the way, "ジェバダイア・カーマン" is "jebediah Kerman". This doesn't matter if it's written in Japanese.

So I checked the save file at the time of the expire.

LIFE_SUPPORT_SETTINGS
        {
            STATUS_DATA
            {
                name = ジェバダイア・カーマン
                OldTrait = パイロット
            }
        }

All of the relevant Kerbal had OldTrait described in Japanese in this way.
Normal kerbals are described in English as "OldTrait = Pilot".
I'm guessing that when expire reverted back to the original, OldTrait, written in Japanese, was transcribed to Trait and caused the problem.

I hope this helps with future development.
Thanks again!

15 hours ago, Yomin said:

Perhaps the correct spelling is "trait = Pilot".
I'm using the Japanese version of KSP.

IIRC, it's a known problem that non-English versions of the game can cause problems with USI stuff.  The mod isn't localized, so it looks for English strings specifically.

Kerbal 1.10 load freezing on USI portion. 

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8oosmlwei55la07/KSP.log?dl=0

[LOG 15:43:50.819] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/LightGlobe/MKS_LightGlobe'
[LOG 15:43:50.936] PartLoader: Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/LightGlobe/MKS_LightGlobe' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 15:43:50.936] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 15:43:50.940] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'MKS.LightGlobe'
[EXC 15:43:50.978] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.