[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there !
First of all, I really love those mods ! I like the challenge they propose, all the logic you have to come up with, etc...

At the moment I'm trying to build an orbital station, but when I dock another part to it, my game crash. I don't really know why, but the last lines are :

[LOG 10:57:58.481] Docking to vessel KOS
[LOG 10:57:58.484] Active vessel docked to a station. Waiting for LateUpdate...
[WRN 10:57:58.499] [AttachNode]: Unable to invert surface node on Life Support Tank (2.5). Set to center of part.
[WRN 10:57:58.499] [AttachNode]: Unable to invert surface node on Life Support Tank (2.5). Set to center of part.
[LOG 10:57:58.503] Awarding 81388 funds to player for contract completion

Are thoses warning fines ? I can't see the reason... I switched to the station and back to the vessel just before docking, so I can load the station. But like 1 second after docking (the camera is still moving) KSP crash...
Here is the full log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CN_moHTbwPG5PTnW-t5azSZ796P4Kc0I/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for helping, and tell me if you need anything else :)

8 hours ago, Sppion1 said:

Hi there !
First of all, I really love those mods ! I like the challenge they propose, all the logic you have to come up with, etc...

At the moment I'm trying to build an orbital station, but when I dock another part to it, my game crash. I don't really know why, but the last lines are :

[LOG 10:57:58.481] Docking to vessel KOS
[LOG 10:57:58.484] Active vessel docked to a station. Waiting for LateUpdate...
[LOG 10:57:58.503] Awarding 81388 funds to player for contract completion

Are thoses warning fines ? I can't see the reason... I switched to the station and back to the vessel just before docking, so I can load the station. But like 1 second after docking (the camera is still moving) KSP crash...
Here is the full log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CN_moHTbwPG5PTnW-t5azSZ796P4Kc0I/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for helping, and tell me if you need anything else :)

hmm... nothing exotic about the parts, sorry I am drawing a blank on this one.

11 hours ago, overkill13 said:

I've been using it in 1.10 for a couple weeks.  Seems to work fine after I deleted the light globe that was hanging up the loading screen.

BTW if you want the light globe you can grab the file from the github repo.  It is apparently fixed, it's just that there is not a new release with the changes packaged in the download.

Hi folks.

I am playing a long career game on 1.8.1 on Linux and I tried to spice things up a little adding this mod
I am also trying to change the default settings, but when I open the settings menu window I got this glitch. I cannot see the save button, so I can't make the changes effective.
forum.jpg

Is this a known Issue or I am just having plain bad luck?
Thanks in advance and best regards
Z

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

Have you tried modifying your screen resolution? It looks like it's trying to jam the dialog box into too small a space.

Hey. Thanks for your response.
I tried that and I got the exact same behavior, but in a "bigger" or "smaller" window :-)

I also tried changing the UI size, but it's always the same issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a bug. I have installed USI LS 1.4.0 on KSC 1.11 version. I loaded an old save with a ship in orbit, which has a Mk1-3 cockpit with one pilot. Created an unmanned ship to deliver various resources and habitats. Launched the drone, approached the ship. I saw that the ship has the effect that all RCSs work at once (gas jets fly out), but they do not work, and monofuel is not wasted. At the same time, it is impossible to go to the KSC, to the main menu, or switch to another distant ship, the switch buttons simply do not work. Also, I cannot save the game. I had to turn off the game using the task manager.

1 hour ago, Rig_Borin said:

I found a bug. I have installed USI LS 1.4.0 on KSC 1.11 version. I loaded an old save with a ship in orbit, which has a Mk1-3 cockpit with one pilot. Created an unmanned ship to deliver various resources and habitats. Launched the drone, approached the ship. I saw that the ship has the effect that all RCSs work at once (gas jets fly out), but they do not work, and monofuel is not wasted. At the same time, it is impossible to go to the KSC, to the main menu, or switch to another distant ship, the switch buttons simply do not work. Also, I cannot save the game. I had to turn off the game using the task manager.

Much like mods are generaly not cross version compatible, mod upgrades, especially in conjunction with KSP version upgrades can be save breaking  Historically it has been common to finish your game in whatever version you started for this reason.

50 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Much like mods are generaly not cross version compatible, mod upgrades, especially in conjunction with KSP version upgrades can be save breaking  Historically it has been common to finish your game in whatever version you started for this reason.

You're right. I'll try to repeat that scene in a new game and see what happens next.

4 hours ago, Rig_Borin said:

That really does not sound like a USI-LS issue tbh.  Look at your log and see what's getting spammy.

Hi @RoverDude

I know that I brought this up multiple time and before anyone start talking, yes yes yes, I know, there was not supposed to be a closed cycle simply because of how the original mod was developed based on the real life principles...

and before anyone else starts talking, please I beg you to take a look into this picture :

kjBnYtf.png

The arrow in the picture is showing the "Kerbol System" and this, is only Galaxies Unbound mod without any additions ! Another mod to add to the equation and make things much more interesting : Civilian Population !

Now "YOU" tell me, from the moment I leave kerbol system, until I get into a new star system (when I really can re-supply the ship with proper life cycle material) HOW THE HELL should I re-supply it in the middle of no where with absolutely NO celestial body near by to harvest for any resources?

This is exactly why, time and time and time again and again, I begged for a part that would make agroponic path a closed cycle at least for one kerbal per part !

And before you refer me to real world, if we consider mulch as waste product of a creature living, in many countries out there in a planet called earth, humans are using "human waste" as "fertilizer" !!!!! so, why can't we have one or two parts that would use mulch and produce small amount of fertilizer enough to make the agroponic closed cycle?

This way, the choice for game play mechanic to have a closed cycle or not (and play base mechanics) will fall on the player himself, if he wants closed cycle, he can add the part to the ship, if he want to play the mod in original way (let's call it hard mode) ... he just ignores the part in vab list and won't add it to the ship!!!!

Please anyone, if you are going to ignore a closed cycle chance, tell me, how would my kerbals survive going from star system A to star system B while there is civilian population mechanics working at the same time?

(in all these sentences the caps was only used to emphasize my words and was not meant to be considered yelling)

1 minute ago, KawaiiLucy said:

Check out the DeepFreeze mod, or to stay with USI, the Alcubierre Warp Drive. The first removes the need to supply your Kerbals, and the latter makes interstellar travel close to instantaneous.

Sigh, you did ignore a part of words here,.... Civilian Population MOD !!! Deep freezing won't help there, and alcubierre won't be a choice with the parts come from civilian population...

and regarding the scifi point of view..... these kerbals are not meant to live for longer life cycle.... they live normally, make children... train them in space while they are moving to the new destination... die and the generations will pass until the ship gets to the new system. Freezing few kerbals like that won't help

1 hour ago, Jiraiyah said:

Sigh, you did ignore a part of words here,.... Civilian Population MOD !!!

Except in your post above, you didn't say that.  You said Civilian Population!!!  Yes it is only a 3 letter distinction, but if people are unaware that is a mod it makes a big difference.

And since it is a mod already, why not go ahead and use it?

1 hour ago, Jiraiyah said:

Now "YOU" tell me, from the moment I leave kerbol system, until I get into a new star system (when I really can re-supply the ship with proper life cycle material) HOW THE HELL should I re-supply it in the middle of no where with absolutely NO celestial body near by to harvest for any resources?

YOU could modify your game, the mods etc to fit you particular gaming experience.

Or YOU could make a mod that bridges the gap between standard USI-LS and the needs of an interstellar generation ship.

The big question is, why would @RoverDude be on the hook to work on aspects of his mod for that he himself never would use?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.