[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

11 minutes ago, cactuscrazez said:

Are orange suits still immune to failing life support? I brought Jeb and Bob on a Minmus mission (with a hitchhiker but no supplies) and they both became tourists due to lack of supplies. Is this a bug or has it been changed? 

That's in your control on the difficulty settings. Just click the USI button when in the KSC and check your settings.

Thx RoverDude - they'll have Water indeed :):)

I've got an issue as my Kerbal ran out of supplies and became Tourist.

After resupply - they are still "Tourist" and don't want to go back to work ?

Do I need to send an office manager ?

Edited by Emil121

25 minutes ago, Emil121 said:

Thx RoverDude - they'll have Water indeed :):)

I've got an issue as my Kerbal ran out of supplies and became Tourist.

After resupply - they are still "Tourist" and don't want to go back to work ?

Do I need to send an office manager ?

Could be their hab values too.  Look at their stats it should tell you in the UI.

i'm Missing "EC" on somes bases

don't know what is it

- but for the guy still in tourist, supplies and EC is green .. they are still Tourist (should be engineer and scientific

But i haven't reload my game yet

Edited by Emil121

4 minutes ago, Emil121 said:

i'm Missing "EC" on somes bases

don't know what is it

- but for the guy still in tourist, supplies and EC is green .. they are still Tourist (should be engineer and scientific

But i haven't reload my game yet

Screenshots help

5 minutes ago, Emil121 said:

160558004_10225042473111536_964520699210

Ok - for your orbital station, no idea why they are not coming back - that's odd.   You may have to rotate them back and see if they refresh once they are under 25km on Kerbin.  For the other - Expired EC is normal if the vessel is not in focus, I would not worry about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting a really bad bug on my kerbal save, where the life support window isn't showing anything. I've tried it on multiple crafts, and it's just not working. it keeps flashing like it's trying to refresh, but nothing's happening

Here's my log, I hope that it helps.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UqHBWk1-nDEDZfMmqzCSo7_YjOgxy8yZ/view?usp=sharing

59 minutes ago, TomfooleryYT said:

I'm getting a really bad bug on my kerbal save, where the life support window isn't showing anything. I've tried it on multiple crafts, and it's just not working. it keeps flashing like it's trying to refresh, but nothing's happening

Here's my log, I hope that it helps.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UqHBWk1-nDEDZfMmqzCSo7_YjOgxy8yZ/view?usp=sharing

You've got so many errors in that heavily moded 1.8.1 installation that I really don't know where to start.  You probably have mod and/or version conflicts, and the possible combinations are too numerous to count.

Ok, that's not entirely true.  Start by not playing on the Steam download.  Always download from Steam and then copy that KSP directory to somewhere new and mod and play that version.  You're allowed as many copies of the KSP folder as you like; people often have separate game directories for different KSP versions, mod combinations, planet packs, and mod development.  Also, this way, when Steam releases an update, it doesn't overwrite your game.

Have you installed or updated something recently after which you've seen this behaviour?  If so, undo it.

Do you really need to be running 1.8.1?  I can't tell because of the 160+ mods you're running.  At least I see that you're using USI/LS 1.0.0.0.  According to the USI/LS GitHub page, you should probably be using v1.3.0.0.

I would generally recommend refreshing your KSP install but you might as well start over with 1.11.2.  Some mod author or player wiser than I might be able to offer some specific mismatch advice, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  The problem is probably not with USI/LS itself but some mod conflict.

I also recommend using CKAN to help with compatible mod versions, if you aren't already.

Edited by Brigadier
Typo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I left a kerbal on the mun for like 30 days and just placed satellites around the mun for something else meanwhile. 

The kerbal became a tourist after i also tried to save him a few times xD 

But now i sendt a probe with a seat and food and enough EC but only his Hab is fixed and still a tourist ( standing 30 meters from it).

How do i rescue him from tourist to crew?  i tried googling it but there's not much to find about it

sorry if I'm unclear

https://imgur.com/a/HZh5Bbv Val is in the targeted ship 134,5 meters from me (not EVA but stuck in the ship because of tourist mode)

The probe you see have 1 seat, EC and 300 supplies and enough fuel to return to kerbin

when i get within the 150 meter range only "hab" goes yellow 22d but all others stay red and i can't EVA Val in the targeted ship because she is still tourist.

How do i get Val in the targeted ship 134,5 meters from me to be a crew again? I thought i had to bring supplies and a seat to fix that?

let me know if you need anything please

Edited by Kerdel
spelling

2 hours ago, Kerdel said:

sorry if I'm unclear

https://imgur.com/a/HZh5Bbv Val is in the targeted ship 134,5 meters from me (not EVA but stuck in the ship because of tourist mode)

The probe you see have 1 seat, EC and 300 supplies and enough fuel to return to kerbin

when i get within the 150 meter range only "hab" goes yellow 22d but all others stay red and i can't EVA Val in the targeted ship because she is still tourist.

How do i get Val in the targeted ship 134,5 meters from me to be a crew again? I thought i had to bring supplies and a seat to fix that?

let me know if you need anything please

Use the local logistics you have with MKS to transfer the supplies from the probe to Val's ship.  That should do the trick - if not let me know.

19 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Use the local logistics you have with MKS to transfer the supplies from the probe to Val's ship.  That should do the trick - if not let me know.

thanks for the quick reply! 

https://imgur.com/a/hTyqTK2 

I transfered everything to Val's ship to look if it helps but only her supply got green and still can't EVA.

I didn't knew you could do this, but i think i do something wrong or it's not working correctly?

Might it be because i disabled all EC on Val's ship before she became a tourist?

Edited by Kerdel
more info

4 minutes ago, Kerdel said:

thanks for the quick reply! 

https://imgur.com/a/hTyqTK2 

I transfered everything to Val's ship to look if it helps but only her supply got green and still can't EVA.

I didn't knew you could do this, but i think i do something wrong or it's not working correctly?

Might it be because i disabled all EC on Val's ship before she became a tourist?

Do you have EC in the ship now as well?

If you have supplies, hab, and EC generation, try to go back to the KSC scene, then back to your ship and force a reload.  If that still fails, send a ship with a claw and use crew transfer to get her home.

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

Do you have EC in the ship now as well?

If you have supplies, hab, and EC generation, try to go back to the KSC scene, then back to your ship and force a reload.  If that still fails, send a ship with a claw and use crew transfer to get her home.

No EC because i disabled all use of EC before she became tourist and now I can't turn it back on because she's a tourist, so probably is it because Val's ship EC is disabled? (the probe doesn't have disabled EC) I also tried the reloading thing,  so a crew transfer is the last solution (so next time don't disable EC before becoming a tourist i guess?)

1 hour ago, modus said:

We promise we won't judge your quick ALT-F12:sticktongue:

Well i quickly did it and turned back EC on,  but... https://imgur.com/a/Hwonw83 home is still expired how do i fix this?

I also reloaded any everything and EC is working, Supplies as well and Hab also but Home is not, not sure how i can get him to work again. Is this intended behavior or how do i fix Val's Home issue?

Edited by Kerdel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.