[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

41 minutes ago, Kerdel said:

I meant any kerbal if their "home" is red 

Home time can be increased if there is more living space per kerbal to make them less homesick. 
It can also be reduced if the base has a colonization module or a med bay.

The MKS wiki -> https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Med-Bay-and-Colony-Supplies)
and -> https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Habitation)#habitation-and-homesickness

24 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Home time can be increased if there is more living space per kerbal to make them less homesick. 
It can also be reduced if the base has a colonization module or a med bay.

The MKS wiki -> https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Med-Bay-and-Colony-Supplies)
and -> https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Habitation)#habitation-and-homesickness

Thank you, so I made the ship to small or no extra modules added. Now I really can't transfer Val without attaching a grabbing unit aha i get it

this means i should never let a kerbal "home" go into red but the other 3 supply/Ec/Hab can be fixed if i'm right

i'll look into the links you send me thanks @Caerfinon and @RoverDude for the help! Nice mod by the way!

3 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

@RoverDude TBD

wDJfm23.png

It would be nice to have the OP updated, too.

@RoverDude Takes pull requests.  If you feel you could write a proper description I'm sure he would pull it in.  In fact if you wanted to take a crack at an updated OP he would appreciate the help.

Given how busy the man is, and how many complex mods he works on, I would venture to guess that most people would prefer that he spends his time working on completing the cool features he has been adding vs forum posts.

20 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

@RoverDude Takes pull requests.  If you feel you could write a proper description I'm sure he would pull it in.  In fact if you wanted to take a crack at an updated OP he would appreciate the help.

Given how busy the man is, and how many complex mods he works on, I would venture to guess that most people would prefer that he spends his time working on completing the cool features he has been adding vs forum posts.

Pull request submitted, first time in my life :)

As for the OP, I'd just add that the mod includes optional recyclers and greenhouses instead of the sentence "No extra recyclers needed.", link the wiki page https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/USI-LS/wiki and call it a day.

I'm having an issue with this mod. I can't open the Life Support screen in the VAB. When I'm in space or in the Space Center view the screen is blank. And last but definitely not least the log is getting spammed with "Object reference not set to an instance of an object IN ModuleLifeSupport" I could really use some help getting this mod to work. Ive searched this forum but haven't found a solution. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, JB5 said:

I'm having an issue with this mod. I can't open the Life Support screen in the VAB. When I'm in space or in the Space Center view the screen is blank. And last but definitely not least the log is getting spammed with "Object reference not set to an instance of an object IN ModuleLifeSupport" I could really use some help getting this mod to work. Ive searched this forum but haven't found a solution. Thanks.

Always start with KSP version and USI-LS version.  A screenshot of your GameData folder would not hurt either.

11 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Always start with KSP version and USI-LS version.  A screenshot of your GameData folder would not hurt either.

Ok, so KSP version is 1.11.2 and LS version is 1.4.0 Here is the screenshot. Wouldn't let me insert as URL so here is the link.

https://imgur.com/igRrIuO

Edited by JB5

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

Does this occur on a fresh save?  Was USI-LS added to a new or an existing save?

Unsure. Once I'll get back to the computer I'll try a fresh playthrough.

49 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Does this occur on a fresh save?  Was USI-LS added to a new or an existing save?

So new save changes nothing. Tried it on Sandbox and Career. Blank screen in Space Center view. With and without a command pod or something similar in the VAB I can't get the screen to pop up. 

Also, the error is still spamming in the console. 

Edited by JB5

7 hours ago, JB5 said:

So new save changes nothing. Tried it on Sandbox and Career. Blank screen in Space Center view. With and without a command pod or something similar in the VAB I can't get the screen to pop up. 

Also, the error is still spamming in the console. 

Next, do a clean save with just the latest USI-LS release (and other bundled requirementss)  in it.  Something is conflicting along the way, need to see what it is.

9 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Next, do a clean save with just the latest USI-LS release (and other bundled requirementss)  in it.  Something is conflicting along the way, need to see what it is.

Clean save with just LS worked fine. I'm going to do a one-by-one addition of all mods till it stops working. Ill report back what I find.

1 hour ago, JB5 said:

Clean save with just LS worked fine. I'm going to do a one-by-one addition of all mods till it stops working. Ill report back what I find.

Thanks!  I know it's a pain, but it helps us see if there's a conflict somewhere, and it's appreciated.  If everything still works, then it's something in the save and we can try clearing out all of the USI-LS persistence data and see if that fixes it.

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Thanks!  I know it's a pain, but it helps us see if there's a conflict somewhere, and it's appreciated.  If everything still works, then it's something in the save and we can try clearing out all of the USI-LS persistence data and see if that fixes it.

Ok. It's confirmed, and I feel like a bit of a dummy. Progressive Colonization System conflicts with USI LS. It even says so on its main forum page naming LS by name. Once that was removed it worked just fine. Derp!

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Nicolas xd said:

max game version 1.11.9 (using mod version 1.4.0)   

I think he was referring to the post above yours...

On 7/7/2021 at 6:46 AM, Caerfinon said:

Have you upgraded to 1.12.1? I am running USI-LS on that version without issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.