[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

4 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

I have both of them installed and MKS works fine but USI-LS isn't behaving.

When I enter range of a recycler (In this case the Greenhouse with 4 Recyclers on my Munar Gateway), It spews out some error text that I can't remember. This also happens when I start building a craft and I choose the Salamander first.

KSP version, and what version of the mods?  Also let me know what that error is.

10 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

KSP version, and what version of the mods?  Also let me know what that error is.

1.12.2, latest version of both mods, and when I get access to my pc again, I'll get you the error message.

I get your mods from GitHub and the latest release.

9 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

Hi, could you update the dl link to new repo? It seems both mks and ls thread still point to old repo.

Thanks

I'm curious, what should be "new repo" ? As much as I'm aware, RoverDude have only one github account (I can be wrong with that, though). Or is it some kind of project renaming issue ?

31 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

I'm curious, what should be "new repo" ? As much as I'm aware, RoverDude have only one github account (I can be wrong with that, though). Or is it some kind of project renaming issue ?

All things USI are now in the UmbraSpaceIndustries repo not my personal one (anything in my personal repo is a fork off of the official ones).

Is it possible to transplant conversion modules from one part to another? I want to move the fertilizer production away from the ISRUs and into the SSPX Aquaculture lab, to give it some functionality outside of being a resource recycler.

19 minutes ago, Red Dwarf said:

Is it possible to transplant conversion modules from one part to another? I want to move the fertilizer production away from the ISRUs and into the SSPX Aquaculture lab, to give it some functionality outside of being a resource recycler.

Sure, ModuleManager is your friend.

• 2 weeks later...

No, they largely do similar things (USI-LS does a lot more, like habitation etc, Snacks is simpler) so they are not compatible by design and you shouldn't use them together - pick one or the other (or even another life support mod like Kerbalism or TAC-LS).

The only potentially problematic thing I can think of is if you have some vessels in flight that have those parts attached. If you then remove Snacks and try to load your save, any vessels currently in flight that have snack canisters attached will be destroyed. 

If you are determined you can of course delete the rest of the Snacks mod files and just keep the snack canisters (you'd have to strip out the Snacks specific config though), or even write custom MM patches to give them the same functionality as USI ones. That way you can keep your vessels. 

1 minute ago, Grimmas said:

The only potentially problematic thing I can think of is if you have some vessels in flight that have those parts attached. If you then remove Snacks and try to load your save, any vessels currently in flight that have snack canisters attached will be destroyed. 

If you are determined you can of course delete the rest of the Snacks mod files and just keep the snack canisters (you'd have to strip out the Snacks specific config though), or even write custom MM patches to give them the same functionality as USI ones. That way you can keep your vessels. 

I like the idea of writing an MM patch but I, uh, don't know how to do it. Can you offer a guide or some help?

There's not really much to it. It's all just text files. All configs basically live in a tree with nodes as branches and key-value pairs as leaves (someKey = someValue). ModuleManager reads all the various mods' config files - which either create new nodes or alter existing nodes - and it applies them in a predetermined order. Read the docs to get started if you are interested. It also helps to look at how other mods write their configs.

On 11/3/2021 at 6:49 AM, Grimmas said:

No, they largely do similar things (USI-LS does a lot more, like habitation etc, Snacks is simpler) so they are not compatible by design and you shouldn't use them together - pick one or the other (or even another life support mod like Kerbalism or TAC-LS).

Kerbalism pretty much doesn't play well with anything that either relies on stock mechanics, or alters them - with some exceptions. USI-LS and TAC-LS are the safest bets if one plans to use any of the rest of the USI constellation, like MKS. That said, Snacks at least doesn't break the other USI mods. (not saying don't use Kerbalism - it's awesome, and I have it installed on a different KSP instance)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.