[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

I have a quick question...

Why didn't you make my life easier by making 1 supplies = 1 kerbal-day worth?

Why is 100 units only 92 kdays? Why?!

Hmm, that is actually buried in this thread somewhere, but the short answer was something like because math.

It's just mildly annoying from a planning perspective. :P

I've been planning out my missions in kdays and have assigned each kday a weight based on the supplies weight so I can figure out what I need to lift and what supply missions will be needed to resupply them

Post 126

Also - 1.08 units per kerbal per day because math

I've been planning out my missions in kdays and have assigned each kday a weight based on the supplies weight so I can figure out what I need to lift and what supply missions will be needed to resupply them

Still math ;)

I just assume it's 1 per day and the extra saves me having to build in my own safety margin.

Actually that's too much math. I just toss a few big cans on, verify the ship has at least as much time (but not more than - say - two times as much) as it needs right before launch, and then mash space.

Edited by 5thHorseman

I think I found a bug, or maybe I'm just not understanding something. I think it's the same thing found in #753 here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116790-1-0-USI-Life-Support-0-1-0-2015-04-27?p=2169103&viewfull=1#post2169103

I have a 1-crew command pod in orbit, with no Supplies. The life support timer appears to reset whenever I go on EVA and return. During EVA, it's the expected, accumulated value; it's just every time I go back into my ship, the timer resets back to zero.

Is this a known bug? A feature?

And regarding Maths:

1.08 u/d means 0.00005 u/s

1.00 u/d means 0.0000462962962962963 u/s

would you rather have to write 0.00005 or 0.0000462962962962962962963? ;-)

The first variant is much cleaner.

I understand the reason for it and don't really expect it to change, just venting my frustration. :)

Sure, will do that when the next release heads out (which is pretty soon, working on it hopefully today)

NICE! I've been anxiously anticipating! I took a contract to build a 16-seat base in Munar orbit just to make sure my dudes would have a spacious retreat to head for once they leave home.

So I'm trying to use this mod, but I seem to have missed something. Are there any dependencies on other usi mods for it to work? I get the little green cube on the toolbar, and the parts are all present, but my non-orange suit kerbals never seem to consume any supplies. I've tried both a sandbox and career save, and also reinstalled ksp with just the life support mod, but in every case supplies are not consumed (even on a solar orbit) and when I click the green box of the toolbar the pop up window for life support is simply blank.

A̶s̶ ̶f̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶.̶c̶f̶g̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶/̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶i̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶u̶m̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶

Edited by Errol
redacted for accuracy, see bellow

and when I click the green box of the toolbar the pop up window for life support is simply blank.

This is a good indiacator that you have installation problems.

Can you post a picture of the contents of your GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries folder?

As far as I understand there is a .cfg setting that allows you to enable/disable orange suit resource consumption.

As far as I know it is only possible to configure if the orange suits are affected when they run out of supplies. But they always consume supplies when supplies are available.

This is a good indiacator that you have installation problems.

Can you post a picture of the contents of your GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries folder?

As far as I know it is only possible to configure if the orange suits are affected when they run out of supplies. But they always consume supplies when supplies are available.

http://imgur.com/a/Q1rxz

Here's my USI folder and the USI/lifesupport folders.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.