[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

51 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

With Planetary Base Systems how do I recycle mulch into fertilizer?  There is no way to do so as far as I can tell.

The PBS Wiki says with the "Algae Farm" (here), but frankly I don't know if it works with the last updates @RoverDude made.

I'm not using that mod, so I can't check directly.

Hope this helps!

@RoverDude

I was looking at the settings, how these modifiers work? What 1, for instance, means in ReplacementePartAmount, I have MKS installed, it shouldn't be changed be MKS? And the HabRange is in meters? (I think it is, but just to be sure :P)

ReplacementPartAmount = 0    //How fast life support equipment and habs 'wears out'
HabRange = 150                //How close we need to be to use other vessel's habitation modules and recyclers.

Hey @ all,

I have a problem to. If i am install the Life support, and startet a game (for testing i startet a scenario) I have some graphic glitches.

The Cockpit from my shuttle tearing from the rest and there are no option to control it. The game didn´t crashed.

Any idea what i can do?

Hi, I really like your mod and use it for very long time, but now this mod was released:

Is there any chance to tweak your greenhouses in MKS to work with its supplies and oxygen? I like USI LS very much, but Kerbalism is made in one complete pack and any part of mod can't be disabled, so when u have it, you must use all features...including his life support and remote connection(problem with RT2...) So is there chance to include this in some way to work with MKS greenhouses and so on?

Thanks for answer.

Ave!

Toonu

Edited by Toonu

5 hours ago, Toonu said:

Hi, I really like your mod and use it for very long time, but now this mod was released:

Is there any chance to tweak your greenhouses in MKS to work with its supplies and oxygen? I like USI LS very much, but Kerbalism is made in one complete pack and any part of mod can't be disabled, so when u have it, you must use all features...including his life support and remote connection(problem with RT2...) So is there chance to include this in some way to work with MKS greenhouses and so on?

Thanks for answer.

Ave!

Toonu

Likely the same answer as Roverdude said in the MKS thread (which is where you should be asking about MKS stuff anyhow).  He gladly takes pull requests.

1 hour ago, goldenpsp said:

Likely the same answer as Roverdude said in the MKS thread (which is where you should be asking about MKS stuff anyhow).  He gladly takes pull requests.

What he said at MKS thread? ... and how make pull request, you mean at GitHub....? But where directly.?

15 minutes ago, Toonu said:

What he said at MKS thread? ... and how make pull request, you mean at GitHub....? But where directly.?

You can go read it there.  And for a pull request I'll let you figure that out.  Honestly if you can't figure out how to do a pull request you shouldn't be messing with it.

9 hours ago, Toonu said:

Thanks for answer.

Ave!

Toonu

Considering the scope of Kerbalism, I'd think you'd probably have more luck in that thread than here (as it does its very own thing, and would be pretty much just using the models). I do kinda hope RoverDude looks at that mod though, IMO it has some nice ideas in its UI :-)

Neat. It's fairly easy to sustain a colony for years with enough fertilizer around, it is the homesickness that is causing me the most headache. I am really looking forward to some more mechanics in the future.

I am very torn with the idea of mining to sustain a colony, it feels wrong to rob a moon or a planet of its natural resources, because they are finite. It is the age old dilemma of running out of finite resources, which puts me off with most life support mods. Realistically Kerbals should thrive to achieve the same level of self-sustainability humans have been mainly dreaming of and that is infinite recycling of resources and infinite sustainability.

Obviously a far out goal, but it just feels like the right direction. Independence from resources is the key to conquering the entire starsystem. Forgive me for asking, but do you have anything planned in that direction, a sorta roadmap even?

if you can do that then why conquer other worlds at all? yes there are finite resources on other planets but i mean come on the handful of kerbals and bases that we can control wont likely stripmine everything any more than a kid with a shovel can remove all the sand from a beach

Edited by Jagzeplin

@RoverDude I've been looking at your source code. Am I correct in believing that MaxOffKerbinTime is the date&time at which a Kerbal will go on strike due to homesickness, and that this date&time is only dependent on the best craft the Kerbal has been on since he left Kerbin?

how does one set the snack deprivation consequences? i want death (i keeps it real son :D ). also id like to remove homesickness. i dont care for the psychological ramifications of being in a tin can for days ill just pretend they sleep and watch Kerbal pron till they gotta maneuver.

Edited by Jagzeplin

3 minutes ago, Jagzeplin said:

how does one set the snack deprivation consequences? i want death (i keeps it real son :D ).

Go to GameData/USI/LifeSupport/Settings.cfg and find the lines "NoSupplyEffect = 1" and "NoSupplyEffectVets = 1". Change them to 5.

7 minutes ago, Jagzeplin said:

how does one set the snack deprivation consequences? i want death (i keeps it real son :D ). also id like to remove homesickness. i dont care for the psychological ramifications of being in a tin can for days ill just pretend they sleep and watch Kerbal pron till they gotta maneuver.

Open the settings.cfg file in the USI-LS folder. The change the NoSupplyEffect = 1 to = 5

I'm having difficulty getting USI-LS (life support) to function in KSP 1.1 (release). The supplies will not show up in the life support status window.  It keeps telling me I have zero time left, zero supplies, but yet infinite time before the Kerbals will stop work.  I'm only testing on the pad with a simple rocket before doing an actual launch.

I've got Planetary Bases, Kerbal Engineer, and Mech Jeb 2 installed as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.