[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

4 hours ago, Tianar said:

I'm having difficulty getting USI-LS (life support) to function in KSP 1.1 (release). The supplies will not show up in the life support status window.  It keeps telling me I have zero time left, zero supplies, but yet infinite time before the Kerbals will stop work.  I'm only testing on the pad with a simple rocket before doing an actual launch.

It sounds like it's working as intended. Your confusion is a result of two things: You have zero time and zero supplies left before you hit your 15 day reserve (USI-LS gives you 15 days of virtual supplies instead of demanding you stick a supply canister on every single craft you launch), and you also have infinite time because you're still on Kerbin - your Kerbals are basically being fed from the KSC's stores instead of the craft's stores while you wait for launch.

11 hours ago, Grumman said:

It sounds like it's working as intended. Your confusion is a result of two things: You have zero time and zero supplies left before you hit your 15 day reserve (USI-LS gives you 15 days of virtual supplies instead of demanding you stick a supply canister on every single craft you launch), and you also have infinite time because you're still on Kerbin - your Kerbals are basically being fed from the KSC's stores instead of the craft's stores while you wait for launch.

Is it normal that no supply resource is listed in the craft on launchpad, then?

Edited:

For some reason supply resource is missing from all parts, and whenever I take off Kerbin the timer starts with "-" in front. Could be a conflict.

Edited by Corovaneer

EDIT:  see RoverDude's response below.  I was missing  CommunityResourcePac, which was not listed in OP (but will be corrected).

Right-clicking a part, such as Supplies, does not display context menu either in the VAB nor Launchpad.  I just ran a game with only Squad and USI Life Support.  See attached ksp.log.  KSP 64-bit

EDIT: tried vers 0.4.0 and it works correctly.  It worked in my unmodded game(Squad, USI Life Support) and my fully-modded game.

Another issue (in 0.4.0): I have a Kerbal driving around Mun on a rover. He is not listed in the Life Support Status window

Edited by Apollo13

I am seeing strange behavior too. I launched a rocket about an hour or so ago (It spent a long time on the pad and has only been in flight for 4 mins) It carries 3 kerbals and 500 liters of NOMS. The life support window is currently reading supplies of -4d5h, -1h:37m and -2d3h for Jeb bill and bob respectively.

Is the wiki still correct? Especially the calculations on:

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/wiki/Most-Efficient-Mass

A full 2.5m noms container only provides for 30 days according to the in-game display, on that page it seems to suggest it to be a bit longer..

(Edit: a bit seems to be 2 orders of magnitude) If the 16.2kg / day is correct both wiki examples are up to date.

Edited by invultri

20 hours ago, Kibbynought said:

Ows! Kool then. A bit hardcore, but Kool!

nah, just means you need a recycler on board :)

18 hours ago, Corovaneer said:

Is it normal that no supply resource is listed in the craft on launchpad, then?

Edited:

For some reason supply resource is missing from all parts, and whenever I take off Kerbin the timer starts with "-" in front. Could be a conflict.

Sounds like you're missing something required for this mod.  Screenshot of your GameData folder?

12 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

vers 0.4.2 of mod is bugged. Right-clicking a part, such as Supplies, does not display context menu either in the VAB nor Launchpad.  I just ran a game with only Squad and USI Life Support.  See attached ksp.log.  KSP 64-bit

link==>ksp.log

EDIT: just tried vers 0.4.1.  Same problem.

EDIT: tried vers 0.4.0 and it works correctly.  It worked in my unmodded game(Squad, USI Life Support) and my fully-modded game.

Another issue (in 0.4.0): I have a Kerbal driving around Mun on a rover. He is not listed in the Life Support Status window

See above - Screenshot of GameData please

1 hour ago, invultri said:

Is the wiki still correct? Especially the calculations on:

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/wiki/Most-Efficient-Mass

A full 2.5m noms container only provides for 30 days according to the in-game display, on that page it seems to suggest it to be a bit longer..

(Edit: a bit seems to be 2 orders of magnitude) If the 16.2kg / day is correct both wiki examples are up to date.

Yep, get a recycler quickly.

12 hours ago, tomf said:

I am seeing strange behavior too. I launched a rocket about an hour or so ago (It spent a long time on the pad and has only been in flight for 4 mins) It carries 3 kerbals and 500 liters of NOMS. The life support window is currently reading supplies of -4d5h, -1h:37m and -2d3h for Jeb bill and bob respectively.

See above.  Screenshot of GameData please.

rqRNKX6.jpg

Other than Squad, everything came directly from the mod .ZIP file, including ModuleManager.dll.  ModuleManager created its files.  See also, the KSP.log I linked in my post.

Edited by Apollo13

Hello guys, i have the small problem that with USI installed, the Cockpit automaticaly detaches from every other part. and not because there are decouplers :wink:

The Cam glitches away andd no controls are working.

Using KSP 64bit.

Edited by Chaos09

2 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

Added CRP, and it works.  Thanks.  You may wish to add that requirement to your OP, immediately below "Get it at the GitHub Repo! ".

Normally CRP is bundled in the zip releases on Github.  I did just notice that the lastest USI-LS does not seem to have it however.

15 hours ago, Chaos09 said:

Hello guys, i have the small problem that with USI installed, the Cockpit automaticaly detaches from every other part. and not because there are decouplers :wink:

The Cam glitches away andd no controls are working.

Using KSP 64bit.

On 4/22/2016 at 11:16 PM, Kelvin090 said:

Hey @ all,

I have a problem to. If i am install the Life support, and startet a game (for testing i startet a scenario) I have some graphic glitches.

The Cockpit from my shuttle tearing from the rest and there are no option to control it. The game didn´t crashed.

Any idea what i can do?

On 4/22/2016 at 11:39 PM, mcortez said:

Scenarios and mods with custom code often don't play well together.  Try a sandbox game for testing 

If you still have problems, please post KSP and Mod versions. 

Well, I can confirm that I have been having this problem of loading up a scenario and immediately have the vessel cockpit fly off. After much testing I have found USI Life Support (installed correctly without CKAN even) to be the culprit mod. But what I didn't realize until @mcortez said it is it seems to only happen with the scenarios. I haven't been able to recently reproduce this in sandbox mode. @RoverDude, it is probably not worth looking into trying to fix this but perhaps it'd be a good idea to include a warning on the front post about spontaneous vessel deconstruction when loading scenarios. I know it would have saved me a lot of frustration figuring this out.

@RoverDude  Did you see my earlier bug report?

Basically, anything with less than 70% life support efficiency is not working. You turn on LS in these modules and the green cube window shows that life support is still at 16.2 day. I tested actual consumption too, it's not just the status window reporting bad info.

Working:

• Pioneer - orbital and surface
  • Mobile Processing Lab
  • Kerbitat - orbital and surface

Not working:

• MK-V Scout Command Pod
  • Aeroponics Module - orbital and surface
  • OKS Agricultural Module
  • OKS Habitation Module

I know there's a lot of noise in your threads, but this is a legitimate bug report :)

Clean install of Windows KSP (1.1.0.1230) 64bit with with just USI-LS (0.4.2), UKS (0.40.1.1) and ModuleManager (2.6.23).

On 4/24/2016 at 1:43 PM, RoverDude said:

Yep, get a recycler quickly.

I must thank you for giving me a good incentive to actually make a re-usable vessel for trafficking kerbals around kerbin, mun and minmus. The downside being the ability to stack the "build base (around|on) X" and the tourist mission is kinda shot in that case.

Btw... tourist also want to be fed right ?

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Thanks - please put that info in a GitHub issue and I will take a look at that.

I'm working on several things for a release on Friday.

Thank goodness! It's been days since your last major overhaul. I was beginning to worry about your work ethic.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.