[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

Hey RoverDude, this is completely unrelated but since you're here right now... I read in the SSTU thread that the latest 1.2pre build broke a function used to modify a part's crew capacity in the editor, Shadowmage is pretty liquided about that since he can't prevent crew from being added to the inflatable station modules he's been working on in the VAB. Is this going to be fixed, or was this change actually intentional? IIRC your own inflatables from UKS rely on the same feature so I doubt it was, but hey I'd like to know what you think of this issue.

Relevant discussion:

1 hour ago, sh1pman said:

What's the purpose of these new medical facilities?

They extend your hab timers, and for a heftier cost, expand at an accelerated rate the expired timers of tourists to get them back to work again.

1 hour ago, PickledTripod said:

Hey RoverDude, this is completely unrelated but since you're here right now... I read in the SSTU thread that the latest 1.2pre build broke a function used to modify a part's crew capacity in the editor, Shadowmage is pretty liquided about that since he can't prevent crew from being added to the inflatable station modules he's been working on in the VAB. Is this going to be fixed, or was this change actually intentional? IIRC your own inflatables from UKS rely on the same feature so I doubt it was, but hey I'd like to know what you think of this issue.

I accomplish my stuff via a different mechanic.  For the rest, best bit is to log feedback, due to NDA RE current/future dev.

Great mod, I love it! Though there was a wiki somewhere that explained some of the math for calculating how much longer a greenhouse can extend your life support duration, and I cant seem to find it! I really need it atm since I'm designing a Duna transfer vehicle.

2 hours ago, ZentroCatson said:

Great mod, I love it! Though there was a wiki somewhere that explained some of the math for calculating how much longer a greenhouse can extend your life support duration, and I cant seem to find it! I really need it atm since I'm designing a Duna transfer vehicle.

There is, but it's not well maintained. Especially since an update is imminent that will rebalance ALL THE THINGS, it will be out of date. So I'm afraid you'll have to figure it out on your own. The good news is, when you did, you can write about it! Here's the link:

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/wiki

16 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

There is, but it's not well maintained. Especially since an update is imminent that will rebalance ALL THE THINGS, it will be out of date. So I'm afraid you'll have to figure it out on your own. The good news is, when you did, you can write about it! Here's the link:

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/wiki

Oh. Oh well, looks like I'll have to do maths… time to get out a spreadsheet. Thanks for the answer, anyway.

13 minutes ago, Crabman said:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I heard in Roverdude's stream that he'll release a sheet to help with this when 1.2 releases.

Not sure about the stream, but elsewhere he said he would when he was happy with it, which probably wouldn't be on release day.

NEW VERSION FOR KSP 1.2 IS UP!

Also - if you want to grab the entire USI Constellation in a single zip... head over here:  https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Constellation/releases/

0.5.0 - (KSP 1.2)
------------------
The Nom-O-Matics have been deprecated for improved models.  They have been moved to a LEGACY folder to prevent breaking existing saves, though they may not have textures.  This folder will be deleted with the next KSP release.
The new Nom-O-Matics can operate in three modes: 
 - As a Converter (Mulch+Fertilizer=Supplies)
 - As a Recycler (using a biological filter)
 - As a Hab Multiplier (By repurposing the hab as an indoor mini-park with pretty plants)
Switching modes after launch will cost 1,000 EC and 200 supplies, and is an EVA action performed by an engineer.
The two radial Nom-O-Matics have been replaced by new, more stock-alike models
In Habitation Multipler mode, EC is still consumed to keep the units operational
Recycler EC cost has been increased (Be sure to check the tooptips)
Fixed an issue in persisting configs that may have resulted in corrupted life support settings, so be sure to recheck these in space center view and re-save.
Fixed a node issue on the inline greenhouse
All life support items now appear in a new 'Life Support' category.
Added a mini cupola with a corresponding hab bonus.
Less hobbit-like Kerbals.  The default supply consumption has been adjusted slightly downward (from 16.2 per day to 10.8 per day) - no more second breakfasts.  To adjust for this, change per second consumption to 0.0005 from 0.00075 in the GUI.
Crew capacity only results in a 7.5 day hab bonus as opposed to 30 days.  This is being done to keep things balanced with dedicated habitation parts, which will have more space but less mass.
WIth the inclusion of switchable parts, stock adjustments have been rebalanced.

awesome work rover dude, thanks for making great mods.

Here is a screenshot of a null ref experienced when i click the life support setup button on the main ksp page:9YRXAlm.png

I don't know much about debugging, let me know if there is more info i can provide.

Hi RoverDude

Thanks for this great mod (and all your others great mods).

I have a conflict problem with your mod, Kerbin Planetary Base System and Pathfinder, not sure which one is responsible so I cross post.

When the three mods are installed the loading screen freeze on a Kerbin Planetary Base System's part (KKAOSS.Greenhouse.g).

Planetary Base System (1.1.5) + USI-LS (0.5.0.0) = fine

Planetary Base System (1.1.5) + Pathfinder (1.2.3) = fine

Planetary Base System (1.1.5) + USI-LS (0.5.0.0) + Pathfinder (1.2.3) = freeze

Here is my log with the three mod (+ module manager (2.7.1)) : https://mega.nz/#!Us81SJLB!VQaAaAaUEmAe1zBzUSTd63pA_xaz3NbsTXJuU-UK418

Testing done on a new save on KSP 1.2 with win10.

Edited by Li0n

1 hour ago, Li0n said:

Hi RoverDude

Thanks for this great mod (and all your others great mods).

I have a conflict problem with your mod, Kerbin Planetary Base System and Pathfinder, not sure which one is responsible so I cross post.

When the three mods are installed the loading screen freeze on a Kerbin Planetary Base System's part (KKAOSS.Greenhouse.g).

Planetary Base System (1.1.5) + USI-LS (0.5.0.0) = fine

Planetary Base System (1.1.5) + Pathfinder (1.2.3) = fine

Planetary Base System (1.1.5) + USI-LS (0.5.0.0) + Pathfinder (1.2.3) = freeze

Here is my log with the three mod (+ module manager (2.7.1)) : https://mega.nz/#!Us81SJLB!VQaAaAaUEmAe1zBzUSTd63pA_xaz3NbsTXJuU-UK418

Testing done on a new save on KSP 1.2 with win10.

that appears to be an issue with the KPBS ModuleManager patch, will have a fix later today.

Hi folks (hopefully this can be answered in community) - quick balance question re the RT-500 recycling module vs the Nom-O-Matic 5000 in recycling mode:

• The RT-500 provides 60% recycling for one crew member at a cost of 0.5ec/s and 0.6t mass.
  • The Nom-O-Matic 5000 with it's new recycling mode provides 71% recycling for one crew member at a cost of 0.63ec/s and 0.125t mass, plus it has flexibility of other configurations

Now I grant that the difference between 0.5ec & 0.63ec is not insignificant, and the radial mount of the RT-500 makes placement a little easier, but still - a ~half ton mass saving, an 11% boost in recycling efficiency, and the flexibility of other configurations seems too big a boost for the penalty of stack mounting and 0.13ec/s.

Have I missed something? I swear I'm missing more stuff lately, I worry all those "beer kills brain cells" leaflets were right and the cumulative effect over many years is beginning to show....

If I haven't missed anything then (a) yay! beer doesn't kill brain cells - cheers! and (b) I'd hate to make the RT-500 redundant as it's such a neat model and even if it's a little on the heavy side I did end up using it on my 1.1.3 Duna mission to "fill in the gaps" of the recycling setup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oRo3a9A9t4&list=PLMfeAycVYV0wcxr-5EyHWBe6asCm-YF5q)

(edit: ksp 1.2.0.1586, USI-LS 0.5.0.0)

Edited by MiniMatt

7 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Clear out and try the current constellation zip (2016.10.11.03) if you are using that one.  

Sorry Roverdude, trying to provide more useful info to you on the errors - this is 1.2 release with your latest USI github mods downloaded.  This is what happens when i click the LS tab on the main KSC screen:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.String secureText, Char maskChar) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.String secureText) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoTextField (System.String text, Int32 maxLength, Boolean multiline, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.TextField (System.String text, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor_SpaceCenter.GenerateWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor_SpaceCenter.OnWindow (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Update - if I exit out and start a new career - it works sometimes / doesn't work othertimes.  Didn't restart kerbal or change mods, just works for some reason about 50% of time, other times gives the nullref.

Update #2 - If i get the nullref and enter the VAB and come back out, it works, nullref goes away.

Edited by gsamelon
New Info

18 minutes ago, gsamelon said:

Sorry Roverdude, trying to provide more useful info to you on the errors - this is 1.2 release with your latest USI github mods downloaded.  This is what happens when i click the LS tab on the main KSC screen:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.String secureText, Char maskChar) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.String secureText) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.DoTextField (Rect position, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Boolean multiline, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoTextField (System.String text, Int32 maxLength, Boolean multiline, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.TextField (System.String text, Int32 maxLength, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor_SpaceCenter.GenerateWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor_SpaceCenter.OnWindow (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Update - if I exit out and start a new career - it works sometimes / doesn't work othertimes.  Didn't restart kerbal or change mods, just works for some reason about 50% of time, other times gives the nullref.

I have the same issue. My console is being spammed with NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object on the 1.2 release, and like gsamelon, the UI menu is broken. Even if I make a new save, this same thing happens.

Edited by Yoshidude

5 hours ago, MiniMatt said:

Hi folks (hopefully this can be answered in community) - quick balance question re the RT-500 recycling module vs the Nom-O-Matic 5000 in recycling mode:

• The RT-500 provides 60% recycling for one crew member at a cost of 0.5ec/s and 0.6t mass.
  • The Nom-O-Matic 5000 with it's new recycling mode provides 71% recycling for one crew member at a cost of 0.63ec/s and 0.125t mass, plus it has flexibility of other configurations

Now I grant that the difference between 0.5ec & 0.63ec is not insignificant, and the radial mount of the RT-500 makes placement a little easier, but still - a ~half ton mass saving, an 11% boost in recycling efficiency, and the flexibility of other configurations seems too big a boost for the penalty of stack mounting and 0.13ec/s.

Have I missed something? I swear I'm missing more stuff lately, I worry all those "beer kills brain cells" leaflets were right and the cumulative effect over many years is beginning to show....

If I haven't missed anything then (a) yay! beer doesn't kill brain cells - cheers! and (b) I'd hate to make the RT-500 redundant as it's such a neat model and even if it's a little on the heavy side I did end up using it on my 1.1.3 Duna mission to "fill in the gaps" of the recycling setup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oRo3a9A9t4&list=PLMfeAycVYV0wcxr-5EyHWBe6asCm-YF5q)

(edit: ksp 1.2.0.1586, USI-LS 0.5.0.0)

That is very likely a typo - I will go take a peek :)

4 hours ago, Torih said:

Really minor issue with the new part categories, the life support parts (and the batteries from sounding rockets) are still showing in utility aswell as in the new Life support.

Thanks!

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Removed reply to removed post.

Strange Thing with USI-LS_0.5.0.0.zip  and KSP 1.2

Please take a look at the Screens:

Everything fine in Mainview: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598494915709997/FDEBCB984D261A2257311587EFC6DD6B8368102C/

Only see the Green Icon if I hover over the Contract Icon but Data shows OK http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598494915710668/13116699F0FB798A684103884B9772C544531834/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598494915710506/D2F5FF475CC4947056F77BFFA62F72A26A519B0F/

And absolut emptyness on Trackingstation and on Flight

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598494915710221/8D43F8AF3A623F7F281697EA1B49E96E6715D19C/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598494915710801/54C60749109419581855C3EC11559593E2817FA4/

Logfile: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsMEi9T24MX7m5d3FUCNd2yW8SCRCQ

- Issue comes with new Game and existing one (vom 1.1.3)

- Delete and reinstall all USI Files allready done.

Any Idea? And forgive my bad English. Know it sounds kerbish :sealed:

Update:

Don't spend to much time in my issue above. At first I updatet the modul manger.

Anyway I have 3 Stations with Supplies. But in the Overview I only can see the one i actually fly.

And I don't can select the Supply-Containers with right Click.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598494915837233/41BA5C7F1A2FC456698B1727025E1264238120B8/

Anyway I will try to bring a new rocket with maintenance and I will see.

Edited by releansol

I don't know if it's helpful, but I made a pull request with a rudimentary CTT configuration for the new USI-LS parts!

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/pull/131

(Even if you don't use it, it's a good exercise for me to learn how to use git. :))

Updated pull request with changes made to spec: :)

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/pull/132

Edited by apocriva

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.