[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

I've not said thank you in a while so...thank you (again) for this mod and the updates!  This is, IMO, the perfect balance between "fire & forget" missions and thirty cargo runs to Minmus just to set up the life support so my Kerbals won't starve to death on day 2.  Well done!

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the Habitation Multipliers appear to be broken.  When I built a craft with parts who's singular function is a multiplier, or put a part into Communal Space configuration, the Multiplier setting stays at 0.  Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

*edit* It appears that the display stats for Recyclers are broken as well.  I can produce more screenshots if you like, but for both Purifiers and Life Support Recyclers, the displayed percentage in the part's stat window read 0%.  However, in the Life Support Status window, recyclers do display their correct recycle percentage.

KSP 1.2.1, only mods are USI-LS and UKS, installed via mod-that-shall-not-be-named. 

Screenshots:

DiImgP6.png

vAUWGbn.jpg

wbUJMbZ.jpg

Edited by tsaven

@RoverDude

Thank you so much for this and all the other usi mods.  I have enjoyed really enjoyed how habitation has changed now that a full pod only provides 7 days of habitation vs the previous 30  that makes the mun quickly accessible, but minimus much more of a challenge, nice change.

quick question, I was looking at the config files and it looks like the hitchhiker can is rated at 21 months...that seems like a lot given what some other pods are rated to.  Is that intended?  did you mean to set it at 2 months?  Just wondering...I see the value of the inflatable mks habitats adding such a large amount of habitation given there size and difficulty.  The hitchhiker just seems like such a early tech tree part to add so much habitation.

Just some feedback...again thx for sharing all your work :-)

I'm having an odd issue, maybe someone has encountered this. I have a station orbiting the Mun with a science lab. I have enough supplies and electric charge to run the habitation and the lab with no problem. If I fly the station it produces science normally non stop. But as soon as I leave and advance the time it all stops working. When I fly it again, all kerbals say they refuse to work only to immediately get back to work again. Problem is that the lab stops producing science if habitation drops to zero. Is there something else that I should be doing?

Hey guys, I'm trying this awesome mod but it feels like consuming supplies in an unloaded vessel is somewhat strange. I have a ship in orbit with just one kerbal, 500 supplies and operational RT-5000 recycling module. The life support windows suggests that kerbal consumes 2.3/day (due to recyling, if I stop the module it is 10.8/day).

Here is the problem: I just switched to the vessel and it has only 226 supplies left after 26 days in space (274 mulch produced). 274 supplies consumed over 26 days: 274/26 =~10.5. Sounds like active recycling didn't matter when the ship was unloaded, though I have enough solar power and enough batteries to keep recycles running during blackout.

KSP 1.2.1 x64
USI Life Support 0.5.5.0

Trying to reproducing it now.

PS: @tsaven I have the same issue with missing recycling efficiency description for modules in VAB 

23 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

For the folks having odd issues above - can you please get me a save?  Just make sure any ships I am looking at only have USI or stock parts.  Then log a GitHib issue and attach the save file, and I can take a peek

Sure, I just stripped non-USI/Stock parts from that ship, launched it again and warped 26 days. 281 supplies used for 1 kerbal. Supplies consuming should be 2.3/day, but if you switch to another ship, recycling doesn't count. 281/26=10.8 sup/day (exactly the value which is displayed in life support window if all recycles are off).

I'll upload save to github now.

16 hours ago, RoverDude said:

For the folks having odd issues above - can you please get me a save?  Just make sure any ships I am looking at only have USI or stock parts.  Then log a GitHib issue and attach the save file, and I can take a peek

Hmmm...I tried this but wasn't able to reproduce the issue. It created a similar one though. While the scientists are doing their work fine, the guys I have in the hitchhiker produce a message of refusing to work upon returning to the station. I'm logging an issue on github anyway since I don't think that message should happen, but now I'm in doubt if the issue I'm having isn't just enough batteries. I have enough when flying the station but barely. Might be time to just build a new station.

On 11/18/2016 at 6:28 AM, tsaven said:

Will do, but I'm getting this in a completely stock+USI sandbox game.  I'll get you a save, though there won't be much special about it.

I'm seeing the (probably) same issue as @tsaven, the hab multipliers appear to be 0 during vessel construction, USI-LS 0.5.5.0.  I put the vessel in orbit and the in-flight numbers were correct.  I cleared out all other mods except a clean install of USI-LS and got the same behavior.  I reverted to USI-LS 0.5.4.0 and the hab multipliers show up during vessel construction.  I'm going to poke at this a little more on my end in case I've done something dumb, but I wanted to put this out there if others are seeing the same thing.

Hi..sorry to ask again, but I need some clarification on the whole greenhouse agroponics question again. Tried making a base just with beginner parts like Ranger. Learned quite a lot but it was a total fail. So, going back to simplify and concentrate on just habitat and LS supplies.

I am still very confused on what is depreciated and what is the new method for growing food.

As stated in the changelog:"By convention, Efficiency Part converters are shown in brackets so you can quickly identify which efficiency converters support which modules.  For example, the [Greenhouse] converter on the expandable AgModule supports any larger converter that has a [Greenhouse] tag." When I look at all of the greenhouse part configs, they are defined as resource converters with a tag = Agroponics. So, does this mean that the efficiency parts with the [Greenhouse] definition do not affect these greenhouse parts because they have different tags.

So, maybe the older greenhouses are depreciated.  I then looked at all of the Ranger, Duna, and Tundra agro parts.  The tags are no longer in the individual modules, there is a long string of them in the Model definition, including the tag "greenhouse" (lower case g). The Agroponics module is a resource converter, but does not have a tag anymore. The efficiency module (like the example in the changelog) has an eTag = Greenhouse (upper case G), but there is not a single converter with a [Greenhouse] tag.

So, if I want to use the smaller Ranger-type  devices, what is the new preferred use?  Do I configure as agroponics (assuming I do not wish to cultivate)? Do I have 2 agro parts; one for agroponics and a second one as an efficiency multiplier for the first (even though i don't see the link)? If I eventually land a Duna or Tundra agro module, was the Ranger designed to be converted from agroponics to efficiency to boost the bigger agro module somehow?

TIA for any advice you can give.

Is there already a patch out there to add hab months and/or multipliers to more stock stuff, or anyone have guidance on the numbers I should add for my own patch. Don't like that the big capsule, mk3 crew, mk2 crew have no hab months at all. I also started using the OPT space plane and wanted to add them to their crew and cockpits, plus recycler on the lab. Thanks.

Ok got a fix in for the recycler and GUI displays that I will publish after I look at some of these saves.  Guidance is coming soon(tm) and I will double check the hitchikers.  @Gilph - will toss you an answer in the AM unless someone gets to it first, was just about to go to bed :)

3 hours ago, PortableGoogle said:

Is there already a patch out there to add hab months and/or multipliers to more stock stuff, or anyone have guidance on the numbers I should add for my own patch. Don't like that the big capsule, mk3 crew, mk2 crew have no hab months at all. I also started using the OPT space plane and wanted to add them to their crew and cockpits, plus recycler on the lab. Thanks.

Per RoverDude the balance guidelines will be issued when ready - once that's published I plan to update my configs for Nertea's stuff and a few others. 

The crew cabins don't seem like strong candidates for additional hab-time - they already get some effective hab-time by virtue of their crew capacity, and additional time is generally for parts that are unusually bulky and/or heavy for their crew capacity. So the Hitchhiker Can, for example, gets additional time while the Mk2 Crew Cabin does not, because the former is a larger, heavier, more fragile version of the latter.

8 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

Per RoverDude the balance guidelines will be issued when ready - once that's published I plan to update my configs for Nertea's stuff and a few others. 

The crew cabins don't seem like strong candidates for additional hab-time - they already get some effective hab-time by virtue of their crew capacity, and additional time is generally for parts that are unusually bulky and/or heavy for their crew capacity. So the Hitchhiker Can, for example, gets additional time while the Mk2 Crew Cabin does not, because the former is a larger, heavier, more fragile version of the latter.

Maybe something is broken in mine, but the mk2 crew cabin and mk3 crew cabin have zero hab months. I could put 20 mk3 crew cabins with only 1 kerbal and he will still run out of hab time in 2 weeks. The hitchhiker on the other hand has hab months. 

I found this old set of patches I was looking at using for guidance but not sure if I should use the whole part mass for hab months. Is this your patch? https://github.com/LouisB3/USILS-Patches

32 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

Yes, but it's out of date pending the new balance guidelines

I figured with its date of last edit and seemed like it was missing parts. Glad to hear it will be updated, do you have a forum post for it? Once the guidelines are out I'm willing to help or at least maybe give you configs for mods I might use but you do not. 

6 hours ago, PortableGoogle said:

I figured with its date of last edit and seemed like it was missing parts. Glad to hear it will be updated, do you have a forum post for it? Once the guidelines are out I'm willing to help or at least maybe give you configs for mods I might use but you do not. 

No dedicated forum thread as it's just an effort to promote interoperability between existing mods. Part pack support/configuration for USI-LS is best implemented as pull requests to the part packs themselves, I think - the repo I created is just a place for me to share the configs as I work on them, or if the mod's not under active development on GitHub, etc.

So I am adjusting some of the habitation values to better fit my gameplay.  I know how to adjust the base habitation value for all parts, and how to boost the habitation values for individual parts, but how do I reduce a base habitation value for a specific part?  For example the default habitation rate right now is .25 (basically 7 kerbin days) per seat.  How would I reduce that amount to 0.125 (3.5 days) for only one part?

Thx in advance for the help :-)

@RoverDude: Havin a wee problem with habitation timers on an unloaded vessel, I get a quick "refuses to work" > "returned to work" cycle on load for both kerbals on board. So far only one particular ship, It's been up a while so I suspect it's one that would have expired the hab timers if the habitation multipliers / hab parts were not active. Problem goes away if (and only if) I set habitation effect to 'none' in settings.
Not a problem for kerbal survival as they are only tourists for a second or so, but it's long enough to stop research on the lab (no scientists), which is a royal PITA. Any ideas what's going on?

The save in question has quite a few mods, let me know if you want it anyway. I don't see anything from USILS in the log but here's a snip from loading the vessel (hab effect on):

Spoiler

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From TRACKSTATION to FLIGHT (Async) =====================

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Unloading 1 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
11/23/2016 7:53:19 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Scene Change from 'TRACKSTATION' to 'FLIGHT'

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

11/23/2016 7:53:19 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag

11/23/2016 7:53:19 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue

KbApp.OnDestroy NullName

KbApp.OnDestroy Planet Parameters

KbApp.OnDestroy Vessel Info

11/23/2016 7:53:20 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Destroying the KerbalAlarmClock-KACTrackingStation

11/23/2016 7:53:20 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,API Cleaned up

KbApp.OnDestroy Planet Resources

ScaleModList: listSize 287 maxListSize 1415

KbApp.OnDestroy Planet Info

KbApp.OnDestroy Vessel Crew

[UIApp] OnDestroy: KSPedia

[UIApp] OnDestroy: ContractsApp

KbApp.OnDestroy Unowned Info

UnloadTime: 50.105003 ms
[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TitleTrackerHelper' from assembly 'ContractConfigurator'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'GlobalEVEManager' from assembly 'EVEManager'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'MFIManager' from assembly 'ModularFlightIntegrator'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KIS_UISoundPlayer' from assembly 'KIS'

Loading UI sounds for KIS...

Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/bipwrong

Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/click

Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/attachScrewdriver

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KISAddonCursor' from assembly 'KIS'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'StageRecovery' from assembly 'StageRecovery'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TRActivator' from assembly 'Texture Replacer'

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin

[UIMasterController]: HideUI

Unloading 735 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 327613.
Total: 1968.163940 ms (FindLiveObjects: 19.475000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 8.426001 ms MarkObjects: 1939.018066 ms  DeleteObjects: 1.243000 ms)

[MFIManager] Current active VesselModule : 
  CommNet.CommNetVessel active=True order=999
  FlightIntegrator active=False order=0
  USITools.ModuleSwapConverterUpdate active=True order=999
  BetterBurnTime.BetterBurnTimeData active=True order=999
  ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator active=True order=0
  FerramAerospaceResearch.FARAeroComponents.FARVesselAero active=True order=999
  FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FARFlightGUI.FlightGUI active=True order=999
  PilotAssistant.FlightModules.AsstVesselModule active=True order=999

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 325876.
Total: 1973.119995 ms (FindLiveObjects: 22.931000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 8.721000 ms MarkObjects: 1941.190918 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.277000 ms)

Unloading 9 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 14.020000 ms
UICanvasPrefabSpawner FlightUI spawning Flight

UICanvasPrefabSpawner FlightUI spawning VesselLabels

[UiApp] Awake: ResourceDisplay

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'AeroGUI' from assembly 'KSP'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'BetterBurnTime' from assembly 'BetterBurnTime'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'BurnInfo' from assembly 'BetterBurnTime'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ClosestApproachTracker' from assembly 'BetterBurnTime'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ImpactTracker' from assembly 'BetterBurnTime'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Propulsion' from assembly 'BetterBurnTime'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ResourceConsumptionChecker' from assembly 'ContractConfigurator'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TitleTrackerHelper' from assembly 'ContractConfigurator'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'DMSeismicHandler' from assembly 'DMagic'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'EVAEnhancementsBehaviour' from assembly 'EVAEnhancementsContinued'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'SettingsWindowBehaviour' from assembly 'EVAEnhancementsContinued'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'GlobalEVEManager' from assembly 'EVEManager'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'MFIManager' from assembly 'ModularFlightIntegrator'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'FARKSPAddonFlightScene' from assembly 'FerramAerospaceResearch'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KASAddonWinchGUI' from assembly 'KAS'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KASAddonDebugTools' from assembly 'KAS'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KASAddonControlKey' from assembly 'KAS'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KIS_UISoundPlayer' from assembly 'KIS'

Loading UI sounds for KIS...

Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/bipwrong

Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/click

Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/attachScrewdriver

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KISAddonCursor' from assembly 'KIS'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KISAddonPickupInFlight' from assembly 'KIS'

Loading persistent fields: type=KIS.KISAddonPickup, group=""

Loading persistent fileds: db path=KIS/settings/KISConfig, group=""

Loading 5 persistent fields: group="", node=KISConfig

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KISAddonPointer' from assembly 'KIS'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KeepItStraight' from assembly 'KeepItStraight'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KJRManager' from assembly 'KerbalJointReinforcement'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ReactorUI' from assembly 'NearFutureElectrical'

NF Electrical: UI: Awake

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'NearFutureElectrical' from assembly 'NearFutureElectrical'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'DischargeCapacitorUI' from assembly 'NearFutureElectrical'

NF Electrical: UI: Awake

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'OSPUI' from assembly 'OrbitalSurveyPlus'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'PilotAssistantFlightCore' from assembly 'PilotAssistant'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ScienceRelay' from assembly 'ScienceRelay'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'SEMaster' from assembly 'ShipEffects'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'StageRecovery' from assembly 'StageRecovery'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TRActivator' from assembly 'Texture Replacer'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KACFlight' from assembly 'KerbalAlarmClock'

11/23/2016 7:53:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Awakening the KerbalAlarmClock-KACFlight

11/23/2016 7:53:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Settings

11/23/2016 7:53:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Transfer Modelling Data

11/23/2016 7:53:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Transfer Modelling Data Load Complete

11/23/2016 7:53:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Sounds

11/23/2016 7:53:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,WarpRates:8

11/23/2016 7:53:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,API Ready

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TrimPlus' from assembly 'TrimPlus'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ServoMonitor' from assembly 'Konstruction'

Loading /home/steve/Games/KSP_linux-1.2/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Servo.png

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'LifeSupportMonitor_Flight' from assembly 'USILifeSupport'

Loading /home/steve/Games/KSP_linux-1.2/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Supplies.png

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'PlanetaryLogisticsMonitor_Flight' from assembly 'KolonyTools'

Loading /home/steve/Games/KSP_linux-1.2/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/PlanLog.png

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'MKSLlocal' from assembly 'KolonyTools'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KolonizationMonitor_Flight' from assembly 'KolonyTools'

Loading /home/steve/Games/KSP_linux-1.2/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Kolony.png

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'StationManager' from assembly 'KolonyTools'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'DoEjections' from assembly 'VanguardTechnologies'

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'WaterSounds' from assembly 'WaterSounds'

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin

[UIMasterController]: HideUI

------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------

Loading Depletion Nodes

DepNodeCount:  0

Loading Biome Nodes

BiomeNodeCount:  0

Loading Planet Nodes

PlanetNodeCount:  0

[ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered

[ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities]: Loading... 0 objects registered

Loading FAR Data

FAR: loaded AG actionGroupSpoiler as Brakes

FAR: loaded AG actionGroupIncreaseFlapDeflection as None

FAR: loaded AG actionGroupDecreaseFlapDeflection as None

11/23/2016 7:53:27 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,BaseLoadDone. Alarms Count (Should be 0):0

11/23/2016 7:53:27 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 0 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize

11/23/2016 7:53:27 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 0 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize

11/23/2016 7:53:27 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,ScenarioLoadDone. Alarms Count:2

Loading Status Nodes

StatNodeCount:  29

Loading Vessel Nodes

StatNodeCount:  3

Loading Config

StatNodeCount:  1

Loading Kolony Nodes

StatNodeCount:  3

Loading logistics Nodes

StatNodeCount:  0

Target vessel index: 15  vessel count: 18

[FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Mun Lab ---------------------- 

setting new dominant body: the Mun
FlightGlobals.mainBody: the Mun

Reference Frame: Rotating

Loading: dmSIGINT@MunInSpaceLowSouthernHemisphere

Loading: dmRadiometerScan@MunInSpaceHigh

Loading: dmReconScan@MunInSpaceLowSouthernHemisphere

Loading: scopeScan@MunInSpaceHigh

Loading: scopeScan@MunInSpaceLowCanyons

Loading: rpwsScan@MunInSpaceHigh

Loading: rpwsScan@MunInSpaceLow

Loading: scopeScan@MunInSpaceLowMidlands

Loading: dmSoilMoisture@MunInSpaceLow

Loading: scopeScan@MunInSpaceLowLowlands

Loading: dmSIGINT@MunInSpaceLowNorthernHemisphere

Loading: dmReconScan@MunInSpaceLowNorthernHemisphere

Loading: scopeScan@MunInSpaceLowNorthwestCrater

Loading: scopeScan@MunInSpaceLowEastCrater

Loading: scopeScan@MunInSpaceLowHighlands

Loading: scopeScan@MunInSpaceLowMidlandCraters

Loading: scopeScan@MunInSpaceLowFarsideCrater

Loading: mysteryGoo@MunInSpaceHigh

Loading: magScan@MunInSpaceHigh

Loading: mobileMaterialsLab@MunInSpaceHigh

Loading: evaReport@MunInSpaceHigh

Loading: mobileMaterialsLab@MunInSpaceLow

Loading: crewReport@MunSrfLandedHighlands

Loading: seismicScan@MunSrfLandedHighlands

Loading: magScan@MunSrfLandedHighlands

Loading: mobileMaterialsLab@MunSrfLandedHighlands

Loading: mysteryGoo@MunSrfLandedHighlands

Loading: dmlaserblastscan@MunSrfLandedHighlands

Warning on PartSubtype Hollow on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part truss-octo-crew-03: No attach nodes matching top02 found

Warning on PartSubtype Hollow on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part truss-octo-crew-03: No attach nodes matching bottom02 found

Warning on PartSubtype Open on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part truss-octo-crew-03: No attach nodes matching top02 found

Warning on PartSubtype Open on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part truss-octo-crew-03: No attach nodes matching bottom02 found

Starting the Dispatcher

(Filename:  Line: 97)

[MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb Dev #655 Sarbian

InsterstellarFuelSwitch Verify Tank Tech Requirements 

Starting the Dispatcher

Starting the Dispatcher

Camera Mode: AUTO

[BetterBurnTime] Vessel changed to Mun Lab

[EVE CloudsManager]: CloudsPQS: (glow) OnSphereActive

[EVE CloudsManager]: Clouds2D is now MACRO

all systems started

[BetterBurnTime] Using complex acceleration model

[BetterBurnTime] Using complex acceleration model

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.

[MFIManager] Current active VesselModule : 
  CommNet.CommNetVessel active=True order=999
  FlightIntegrator active=False order=0
  USITools.ModuleSwapConverterUpdate active=True order=999
  BetterBurnTime.BetterBurnTimeData active=True order=999
  ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator active=True order=0
  FerramAerospaceResearch.FARAeroComponents.FARVesselAero active=True order=999
  FerramAerospaceResearch.FARGUI.FARFlightGUI.FlightGUI active=True order=999
  PilotAssistant.FlightModules.AsstVesselModule active=True order=999

NF Electrical: 151100298

NF Electrical: 896718203

ShipEffects: smallRattlesFXGroup is Created

ShipEffects: bigRattlesFXGroup is Created

ShipEffects: rumbleFXGroup is Created

ShipEffects: vibrationsFXGroup is Created

ShipEffects: stressBigFXGroup is Created

ShipEffects: atmosphereFXGroup is Created

ShipEffects: ThumpLowFXGroup is Created

ShipEffects: ThumpHeavyFXGroup is Created

ShipEffects: DockFXGroup is Created

ShipEffects: DockFXGroup is Created

ShipEffects Volume Settings loaded

11/23/2016 7:53:31 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for RSS

11/23/2016 7:53:31 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for KER

11/23/2016 7:53:31 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,Attempting to Grab KER Types...

11/23/2016 7:53:31 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for VOID

11/23/2016 7:53:31 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-VOIDWrapper,Attempting to Grab VOID Types...

11/23/2016 7:53:31 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Initializing Phase Angle Render

11/23/2016 7:53:31 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Initializing EjectAngle Render

Warning on PartSubtype Hollow on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part truss-octo-crew-03: No attach nodes matching top02 found

Warning on PartSubtype Hollow on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part truss-octo-crew-03: No attach nodes matching bottom02 found

Warning on PartSubtype Open on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part truss-octo-crew-03: No attach nodes matching top02 found

Warning on PartSubtype Open on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part truss-octo-crew-03: No attach nodes matching bottom02 found

DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for truss-octo-crew-03

Starting the Dispatcher

Starting the Dispatcher

[Part truss-octo-crew-03] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'meshSwitch'] Switched subtype to Open

DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for reactor-0625

[Part reactor-0625] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'meshSwitch'] Switched subtype to TopNode

DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for reactor-0625

[Part reactor-0625] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'meshSwitch'] Switched subtype to TopNode

InsterstellarFuelSwitch SetupTankInPart adding resources: LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;

[ModularFlightIntegrator] MFI Start

[ModularFlightIntegrator] Start. VesselModule on vessel : 
  ModularFlightIntegrator
  FARVesselAero
  FlightGUI
  AsstVesselModule
  ModuleSwapConverterUpdate
  BetterBurnTimeData
  CommNetVessel

DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.

(Filename:  Line: 386)

FAR Vehicle Voxel Setup started

FAR Vehicle Voxel Setup complete

[Pilot Assistant] loading preset for craft dockingPort2 (Mun Lab)

[Pilot Assistant] False 

11/23/2016 7:53:32 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'No Vessel' to 'Mun Lab'

11/23/2016 7:53:33 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag

11/23/2016 7:53:33 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Textures

11/23/2016 7:53:33 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loaded Textures

Unloading 93 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 338927.
Total: 2043.278931 ms (FindLiveObjects: 20.309000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 9.448999 ms MarkObjects: 2000.109009 ms  DeleteObjects: 13.410000 ms)

[UiApp] Awake: CurrencyWidgetsApp

[UiApp] Awake: ContractsApp

[UiApp] Awake: ResourceDisplay

[UiApp] Awake: KSPedia

[ApplicationLauncher] OnSceneLoadedGUIReady: scene FLIGHT ShouldBeVisible() True ShouldBeOnTop() True iIsPositionedAtTop False

[ApplicationLauncher] SpawnSimpleLayout: VerticalTopDown

ScaleModList: listSize 410 maxListSize 879

ScaleModList: listSize 410 maxListSize 870

ScaleModList: listSize 410 maxListSize 870

ScaleModList: listSize 451 maxListSize 870

ScaleModList: listSize 492 maxListSize 870

ScaleModList: listSize 533 maxListSize 870

ScaleModList: listSize 492 maxListSize 870

ScaleModList: listSize 533 maxListSize 870

[KnowledgeBase] OnAppLauncherReady 45565

ScaleModList: listSize 574 maxListSize 870

ScaleModList: listSize 615 maxListSize 870

[11/23/2016 7:53:35 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - Load

[11/23/2016 7:53:35 PM [x] Science!]: <Info> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - Already loaded.

ScaleModList: listSize 656 maxListSize 870

ScaleModList: listSize 615 maxListSize 870

11/23/2016 7:53:35 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Contracts System Ready

11/23/2016 7:53:35 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue

11/23/2016 7:53:35 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Skipping version check

[MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 45566

Cannot assign AudioClip '' to AudioFX

AudioFX: Cannot find transform of name ''

[FlightIntegrator]: Reloaded drag cube for zeroed cube root part dockingPort2 (Mun Lab) on vessel Mun Lab

DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for fuelTank3-2

DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for fuelTank3-2

[FlightIntegrator]: Vessel Mun Lab has been unloaded 12.9999997094274, applying analytic temperature 268.597843647177

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Mun Lab

[UIApp] Adding ResourceDisplay to Application Launcher

ScaleModList: listSize 615 maxListSize 829

[UIApp] Adding ResourceDisplay to Application Launcher

ScaleModList: listSize 615 maxListSize 788

[ResourceDisplay] OnAppStarted(): id: -1580426

[GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.160652 45570

[UIApp] Adding ContractsApp to Application Launcher

ScaleModList: listSize 615 maxListSize 747

[ResourceDisplay] OnAppStarted(): id: 119542

ResourceDisplay already exist, destroying this instance

[UIApp] OnDestroy: ResourceDisplay

[GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.196082 45571

CURRENCY WIDGET True True True

[UIApp] Adding CurrencyWidgetsApp to Application Launcher

[UIApp] Adding KSPedia to Application Launcher

ScaleModList: listSize 615 maxListSize 706

[UIMasterController]: ShowUI

Flight State Captured

Saving Achievements Tree...

saved

Saving FAR Data

FAR: save AG actionGroupSpoiler as Brakes

FAR: save AG actionGroupIncreaseFlapDeflection as None

FAR: save AG actionGroupDecreaseFlapDeflection as None

[MessageSystem] Save Messages

Game State Saved as persistent

Camera Mode: AUTO

Unpacking Mun Lab

Updating vessel voxel for Mun Lab

Std dev for smoothing: 1.26360811755876 voxel total vol: 76587.9723785463 filled vol: 1290.3624480653

Std dev for smoothing: 1.26360811755876 voxel total vol: 76587.9723785463 filled vol: 1290.3624480653

Ed: A few warps (at space centre) later, more labs are showing the same problem...
AFAICT, this only happens if the length of time-warp is greater than the base habitation value (i.e. with all habitats off), so something to do with the "catch up" mechanic for unloaded vessels?
Actually, not so sure about that one now...

Edited by steve_v

@steve_v & others. I found a temporary work around for this issue that you may or may not be able to use. If it is an orbital base with another vessel docked (e.g. a lander or return vessel) then you can transfer your crew into the lander and get away from your station until physics unloads (i.e. >2.2 km). You can then come back and re-dock. Fixed. If you have a landed base then you may have a rover / malemute or the like? Transfer your crew and drive away out of physics range and then bring the crew back. No more problem. I also tried doing eva out of physics range but for some reason this did not appear to work so it seems you need a vessel able to remove and return the crew. 

@RoverDude Sorry I don't have a vessel exhibiting this issue which is not complex with other mods. I am using Nertea's Stockalike Station Parts Extension with a patch for USI-LS but I cannot find any indication that this is at all responsible for the effect. 

13 hours ago, gunt3rgam3r said:

So I am adjusting some of the habitation values to better fit my gameplay.  I know how to adjust the base habitation value for all parts, and how to boost the habitation values for individual parts, but how do I reduce a base habitation value for a specific part?  For example the default habitation rate right now is .25 (basically 7 kerbin days) per seat.  How would I reduce that amount to 0.125 (3.5 days) for only one part?

Thx in advance for the help :-)

It's a global config option

6 hours ago, steve_v said:

@RoverDude: Havin a wee problem with habitation timers on an unloaded vessel, I get a quick "refuses to work" > "returned to work" cycle on load for both kerbals on board. So far only one particular ship, It's been up a while so I suspect it's one that would have expired the hab timers if the habitation multipliers / hab parts were not active. Problem goes away if (and only if) I set habitation effect to 'none' in settings.
Not a problem for kerbal survival as they are only tourists for a second or so, but it's long enough to stop research on the lab (no scientists), which is a royal PITA. Any ideas what's going on?

The save in question has quite a few mods, let me know if you want it anyway. I don't see anything from USILS in the log but here's a snip from loading the vessel (hab effect on):

Reveal hidden contents

Ed: A few warps (at space centre) later, more labs are showing the same problem...
AFAICT, this only happens if the length of time-warp is greater than the base habitation value (i.e. with all habitats off), so something to do with the "catch up" mechanic for unloaded vessels?
Actually, not so sure about that one now...

I really need a save that's just stock and USI-LS so I can sort this one :/

2 hours ago, bounty123 said:

Just wanted to say thank you for your awesome mods, I'm in the process of getting to know them. It's almost a new game with them, feeling the excitement again planning (and failing) missions :)

yw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.