[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

Welcome to the forums.  You'll find plenty of good help here but you, too, have a role to play in diagnosing problems.

You haven't provided too many details which may be important.  Read the post below and try to give others some info to work with.  For example, what version of KSP?  Have you installed the dependencies required?  Did you install via CKAN or manually?  A screen shot of your KSP\GameData directory might help, too.

There has been a major update to the Stockalike Station Parts Redux mod. The new parts don't function with USI life support.

This is obviously not a major or urgent problem for anyone not immediately making 5m or 1.875m stations/ships. Just thought I would provide a heads-up for RoverDude or whoever would like to submit a PR for this. Heck, I'm not 100% sure USI is responsible for that functionality with the new parts or not.

On 8/12/2021 at 8:48 AM, MetalCrue said:

I thought you might want to know that on unstable release 112.0.0, the life support config menu is not accessible from the KSC view. Using only USI unstable releases and no other mods.

FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/home/arrow/KSPtemp/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Supplies.png"
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, S
ystem.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
  at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor_SpaceCenter.Awake () [0x00038] in <e8115e74740a4cfeb2cb029d1c199447>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

(Filename: <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798> Line: 0)

Supplies.png seems to have been moved to UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Assets/Supplies.png but not updated in the code. I copied Supplies.png back to the old location and the icon shows and works again.

On 8/12/2021 at 8:48 AM, MetalCrue said:

I thought you might want to know that on unstable release 112.0.0, the life support config menu is not accessible from the KSC view. Using only USI unstable releases and no other mods.

I pushed an update out this evening to fix this.

On 8/15/2021 at 10:38 PM, DoktorKrogg said:

I pushed an update out this evening to fix this.

Constellation 112.0.0 needs the same fix you did for USI-LS 112.0.1-bleeding-edge.1

I'm getting these warnings and exceptions when I run Constellation 112.0.0:

Spoiler

[WRN 15:30:29.493] Texture load error in 'H:\Games\KSP Mod Testing\Constellation PBC Test 20210821\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport\Assets\Supplies.dds'

[LOG 15:33:26.854] Loading H:\Games\KSP Mod Testing\Constellation PBC Test 20210821\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport\Supplies.png
[EXC 15:33:26.856] FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "H:\Games\KSP Mod Testing\Constellation PBC Test 20210821\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport\Supplies.png"
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor_SpaceCenter.Awake () (at <e8115e74740a4cfeb2cb029d1c199447>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

16 minutes ago, Kharn said:

Constellation 112.0.0 needs the same fix you did for USI-LS 112.0.1-bleeding-edge.1

I pushed out an updated Constellation release at the same time as the updated USI-LS release. I replaced the previous release though instead of adding another new pre-release. So if you're using CKAN to manage your mods, it probably doesn't recognize it as an update.

1 hour ago, DoktorKrogg said:

I pushed out an updated Constellation release at the same time as the updated USI-LS release. I replaced the previous release though instead of adding another new pre-release. So if you're using CKAN to manage your mods, it probably doesn't recognize it as an update.

Ah, since GitHub didn't show the same code change, I didn't realize that it had the same fix applied. I'll grab the new zip.

hm not sure what was the problem but on my modded install it work fine now.

Spoiler

Hello,

This mod seems broken for me in 1.12.2. I can not access it in the Space Center. Button is there but it open only a empty window.

It is a fresh install with both dlcs and only USI Life Support installed.  I tried both the latest release and the unstable.

cMC4B4S.png

My log spams some errors when open it. Logfile here

[EXC 19:26:40.061] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor_SpaceCenter.GuiOn () (at <7cbdc74d251e440abc7a6ec0f58aa14b>:0)
	LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor_SpaceCenter.GenerateWindow () (at <7cbdc74d251e440abc7a6ec0f58aa14b>:0)
	LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor_SpaceCenter.OnWindow (System.Int32 windowId) (at <7cbdc74d251e440abc7a6ec0f58aa14b>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <58f888e0d56a4620958c8e58a768c70d>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <58f888e0d56a4620958c8e58a768c70d>:0)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Edited by Wurmi

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having an issue and i think it is related to this mod. I have a station under 100 parts in LKO. For some reason, whenever I get near the station or switch to it, I get 6 FPS. I tested the station in another save, and got 60 fps. Console log is getting spammed by:

[USI-LS ]Vessel situation changed, refreshing life support

Over 120 mods KSP 1.12.2

3 hours ago, LusBax said:

I'm having an issue and i think it is related to this mod. I have a station under 100 parts in LKO. For some reason, whenever I get near the station or switch to it, I get 6 FPS. I tested the station in another save, and got 60 fps. Console log is getting spammed by:

[USI-LS ]Vessel situation changed, refreshing life support

Over 120 mods KSP 1.12.2

Given that it's not a global issue (i.e. I don't have everyone screaming), and given you have that many mods, not much I can do here - either a borked save or a conflict.  This vessel or all vessels?  Which USILS version? etc.

5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Given that it's not a global issue (i.e. I don't have everyone screaming), and given you have that many mods, not much I can do here - either a borked save or a conflict.  This vessel or all vessels?  Which USILS version? etc.

Yeah, I mostly wanted to know if anyone had ever seen anything similar. It only happened with that single instance of a vessel, I put an identical one in orbit and it didn't lag or spam the log so I'm guessing it has something to do with the kerbals on it interacting with the various life support modules. One intersting thing though, I used Set orbit to move the glitched vessel around, and it only seemed to lag in orbit around Eve and Kerbin. It was fine around Mun and Moho. So perhaps it has something to do with atmospheres.

So I finally decided to move on to KSP 1.12.2 from 1.11. Until now, I've never had an issue with any of the USI mods not working. In 1.12.2 however, I can't get the USI LS icon to show up on the toolbar in ANY location. This includes KSC, VAB, or space.

This is on a fresh install of KSP, and with very few mods. I am guessing I am just missing a dependency perhaps? Or something else that I might be overlooking? I saw in earlier posts, people were able to get it running in 1.12 with the most recent release.

The issue happens to me in brand new sandbox, as well as new career.

Should also mention Ive started completely fresh, installing KSP, and then the mods 3 times now while trying to figure this out.

USI LS - 112.0.1-bleeding-edge.1

KSP - 1.12.2

Breaking Ground - 1.7.1

Making History - 1.12.1

USI Core - 1.4.0

USI Tools - 1.4.0

rBaUkUi.jpg

HKS7rAh.jpeg

Edited by Hudsonkm

So I removed the mods, and then downloaded the combined unstable 112.0.0 release with all USI mods in it. Now I can see the USI life support icon. Not entirely sure why I couldn't get it to work with just USI LS. 

After installing the combined pack, everything was working fine. But then I went and replaced the version in that total package with the newest bleeding edge LS release. At that point the issue returned where I couldn't see the icon no matter where I was. 

Edited by Hudsonkm

On 9/21/2021 at 7:40 PM, Hudsonkm said:

So I removed the mods, and then downloaded the combined unstable 112.0.0 release with all USI mods in it. Now I can see the USI life support icon. Not entirely sure why I couldn't get it to work with just USI LS. 

After installing the combined pack, everything was working fine. But then I went and replaced the version in that total package with the newest bleeding edge LS release. At that point the issue returned where I couldn't see the icon no matter where I was. 

It would appear that only a few files and the directories inside "UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport"  are included in the two 1.12 versions of the mod.  Also, it should be noted that only the "UmbraSpaceIndusties" directory is in "GameData" in this versions.  This means the plugin and associated data is missing, and we only get the parts.  My guess is that people are downloading the mod from the repository page- which is mostly old version stuff- and that is why this isn't getting as much attention as it should be.  I think the way you did it is the smart way for now.

FkzExcL.png

Edited by FiveOneEcho
Referenced the wrong directory

On 10/4/2021 at 8:46 AM, RoverDude said:

Make sure you also have USITools and CRP.

I have both of them installed and MKS works fine but USI-LS isn't behaving.

When I enter range of a recycler (In this case the Greenhouse with 4 Recyclers on my Munar Gateway), It spews out some error text that I can't remember. This also happens when I start building a craft and I choose the Salamander first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.