[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

5 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Can you post a screenshot of you GameData and umbraspaceindustries folders

Ok here is the Game Data Folder.

https://imgur.com/Y8pPS5b

The USI Folder contains a single subfolder (Life Support). Inside that one is this.

https://imgur.com/Nd595VC

Note the actual parts are there and in game, so at least some of the mod is working.

Edited by Frozen_Heart

I have a quick question about habitation that I haven't been able to find an answer to. I built a spacecraft that included a living space section with far more than enough habitation for the crew on board. Everything went great until the end, when I ran into a problem. I had a return capsule with a heat shield and parachutes that jettisoned from the rest of the spacecraft for reentry. The instant I fired that stage, the crew inside the the capsule dropped from 160 days or so to 0 habitation and went on strike. Why does this happen? I understand that decoupling from the rest of the living space means I lose all the habitation benefits from those parts, but shouldn't it just go down to whatever the maximum hab time in the return capsule is?

Thanks for the help!

9 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@Frozen_Heart Your're missing 000_USITools from GameData. It should have been included in the USI-LS zip.

Hmm odd. Extracted the whole thing into game data.

Will redownload and see if i somehow ended up deleting the file.

Thanks.

Edit: That worked. I must have somehow deleted that file without ever seeing it was there.

Edited by Frozen_Heart

13 hours ago, Orbnu said:

I have a quick question about habitation that I haven't been able to find an answer to. I built a spacecraft that included a living space section with far more than enough habitation for the crew on board. Everything went great until the end, when I ran into a problem. I had a return capsule with a heat shield and parachutes that jettisoned from the rest of the spacecraft for reentry. The instant I fired that stage, the crew inside the the capsule dropped from 160 days or so to 0 habitation and went on strike. Why does this happen? I understand that decoupling from the rest of the living space means I lose all the habitation benefits from those parts, but shouldn't it just go down to whatever the maximum hab time in the return capsule is?

Thanks for the help!

If you launched it as one piece, and then staged the return capsule what likely happened is that KSP saw it as staging away the habitation:  That is, you're still in the same ship, it's just smaller now.  So you don't reset habitation like you would if you entered a new ship, instead you keep your current time-in-ship.  (I think having docked the return capsule might have helped - but if it'd been docked long enough it might not have.)

6 hours ago, DStaal said:

If you launched it as one piece, and then staged the return capsule what likely happened is that KSP saw it as staging away the habitation:  That is, you're still in the same ship, it's just smaller now.  So you don't reset habitation like you would if you entered a new ship, instead you keep your current time-in-ship.  (I think having docked the return capsule might have helped - but if it'd been docked long enough it might not have.)

I see. Is there any way to stop this from happening? With this problem in mind, I'm not sure how to design a ship that travels far and does not stay in one big piece. Out of curiosity, if this is the case, how do other people go about making landers for ships on long-duration missions?

Edit: I think I figured it out! DStaal, you were right, it seems to totally be about the staging. From what I've tested, it seems to be dependent on what the root of the spacecraft is. If the root of the craft had not been on the return capsule when I had staged, it would have counted as another spacecraft when it jettisoned and everything would have worked as expected.

Edited by Orbnu

USI Tools is causing 1.3.1 to crash after the load screen just prior to the Menu screen coming up.   I'm using ckan and noticed that after trying to install USI Life Support.  So I used Ckan to install / uninstall things one at a time and finally narrowed it down to USI Tools, which is a dependency for a lot of things.   I have the logs, but wanted to see if this was already a known issue with the latest update for KSP before I go doing a full on bug report.

2 hours ago, rottielover said:

USI Tools is causing 1.3.1 to crash after the load screen just prior to the Menu screen coming up.   I'm using ckan and noticed that after trying to install USI Life Support.  So I used Ckan to install / uninstall things one at a time and finally narrowed it down to USI Tools, which is a dependency for a lot of things.   I have the logs, but wanted to see if this was already a known issue with the latest update for KSP before I go doing a full on bug report.

Well none of the usi mods seem to have been updated to 1.3.1 yet so I wouldn't classify this as a bug

5 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Well none of the usi mods seem to have been updated to 1.3.1 yet so I wouldn't classify this as a bug

CKAN is listing them as compatible with up to version 1.3.9 of KSP, I'm assuming to cover future versioning ,  anyone else able to reproduce this?

I am having the same problem since the new KSP Version 1.3.1? has come out. I was able to narrow it down to USI Life Support and or its dependencies. 

log says: mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0033:e4ba0e18.

Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Edited by faeschi

The life support tab was not coming up for me in the VAB when I upgraded to USI-LS 0.7.0.0 and MKS 0.53.0.0 with USITools 0.10.1.0 on KSP 1.3.1.1891.  I resolved it by installing CCK 2.0.2.  I recommend updating this and all relevant USI bundles.  I've submitted an issue on the USI-LS GitHub.

Quick question... I want to increase the Hab/Home timers to double their current values (so my basic 2-man pod can go for 14 days instead of 7). I've tried editing the BaseHabTime and the HabMultiplier values in both the USI-LS/Settings.cfg and MKS/Patches/USI-LS.cfg files, yet it doesn't seem to be taking effect in-game. Am I editing the wrong value or will it only apply to a newly launched ship?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Fourjays said:

Quick question... I want to increase the Hab/Home timers to double their current values (so my basic 2-man pod can go for 14 days instead of 7). I've tried editing the BaseHabTime and the HabMultiplier values in both the USI-LS/Settings.cfg and MKS/Patches/USI-LS.cfg files, yet it doesn't seem to be taking effect in-game. Am I editing the wrong value or will it only apply to a newly launched ship?

Thanks

those are just the default settings.  They are loaded into your persistent save file once you start a new game.  You would want to edit the current save to change your current game

21 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

those are just the default settings.  They are loaded into your persistent save file once you start a new game.  You would want to edit the current save to change your current game

Cheers, I found the options and it is working now. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.