Jump to content

[1.12.x] USI Life Support


RoverDude
 Share

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, modus said:

Except there aren't that many bugs:D

It's more like blunt release.

I was just trying to explain the concept in general lol. 

There are a few bugs that I encountered in USI but nothing earth-shaking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Alrighty Kerbonauts, I have a issue installing. Prepare for a shoddy video of how my stuff is organized!

https://streamable.com/aqq2rr

sorry that's the best I could do lol

 

There is ZERO Life-support. Issue: Monitoring is nonexistent, I have the parts. For MKS/OKS I have similar issues, where it fails to consume resources. I'll attempt to get you a picture. Although the second I open KSP now, its gonna work, I guarantee you lmao.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/QweUWQV  It did not work, attempting combined release

Edited by ArthritisGuy
It did not work as planned.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The idea behind "bleeding edge" is that it will always be the "newest" version of USI with previews of new parts and features we're working on. Some of those parts and features may end up getting cut and never make it into an official release though. So, use at your own risk. But as @modus pointed out, the current bleeding edge is fairly stable at this point. It's likely to be the last bleeding edge release before the next official release.  I think there are a couple untextured models that we'll pull out temporarily when we do the next official release but otherwise nothing major should change. We'll probably put the untextured models back in after that and do a fresh "bleeding edge" for anyone who may have been using the untextured parts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

is the USI life support mod still allowed to be downloaded? when i click on the link on the top page it takes me to a blank github page that says there's no releases. am i supposed to go to another tab on the page or the tags section? or am i supposed to go to the "forked from UmbraSpaceIndustries/USI-LS" link instead? where do i go to get the latest release?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tiffany Darling said:

ah yeah thanks, sorry about that y'all could probably do with updating the top post or something because that's hard to find in 225 pages, sorry if i overstepped the boundaries by asking though

It's a fair question IMHO as most of the links for USI mods on the forum threads are outdated and have been for years. I know @RoverDude is planning another release of all the USI mods soon (tm), hopefully he'll update the links as well. *hint hint* ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Grimmas said:

It's a fair question IMHO as most of the links for USI mods on the forum threads are outdated and have been for years. I know @RoverDude is planning another release of all the USI mods soon (tm), hopefully he'll update the links as well. *hint hint* ;-)

Actually, we're going to be packaging the official 1.12.x releases and do a once over of all of the threads today/tomorrow.  So that should end those questions :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Version 112.0.1 of USI-LS has been released, and the thread has been updated to reflect the updated download location and KSP version supported.  CKAN should also be catching up for those of you who use it.  You can also nab the latest release here:

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/USI-LS/releases

This is pretty much what was in the bleeding edge releases for 1.11, plus a few small tweaks.  Barring any major issues, this is likely going to be the release we stick with for the foreseeable future, as @DoktorKrogg and I are both neck deep in a new indie game we're both working on :)  

So while we're totally still around and active in the forums and on the USI discord, I would not anticipate any major new USI releases, at least in the short term, though there are still a few major things we both want to knock out (including updating all of the wheels, and some other large system changes).

Lastly, a couple of handy links.  First, the discord server for all things USI (though this also covers our new game as well), and a reminder that I'll be doing a bunch of streaming around game dev (mostly the art side, so Blender, Substance, Unity, etc.). though it's going to be exclusively work on the new game, vs KSP stuff.  

Discord:  https://discord.gg/FNBwUXRgX8

Twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/RoverDude

Enjoy!  And make sure to let us know if any bees got into the build process.  If so, we'll do a fast follower in a week or two if necessary to update the releases.

Edited by RoverDude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 2:58 AM, RoverDude said:

Enjoy!  And make sure to let us know if any bees got into the build process.  If so, we'll do a fast follower in a week or two if necessary to update the releases.

Thanks for the update!

One minor bee, the stock MM patches are duplicated, in LSModule.cfg and Patches/StockTweaks.cfg. So they add their modules twice, however only one of them takes effect. But it messes up the calculations in the editor which considers both modules to be working.
So presuming that the file in Patches is meant to be kept, deleting LSModule.cfg fixes the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 6/26/2022 at 6:58 AM, jd284 said:

Thanks for the update!

One minor bee, the stock MM patches are duplicated, in LSModule.cfg and Patches/StockTweaks.cfg. So they add their modules twice, however only one of them takes effect. But it messes up the calculations in the editor which considers both modules to be working.
So presuming that the file in Patches is meant to be kept, deleting LSModule.cfg fixes the issue.

Came here to say this @RoverDude

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2022 at 6:58 AM, jd284 said:

Thanks for the update!

One minor bee, the stock MM patches are duplicated, in LSModule.cfg and Patches/StockTweaks.cfg. So they add their modules twice, however only one of them takes effect. But it messes up the calculations in the editor which considers both modules to be working.
So presuming that the file in Patches is meant to be kept, deleting LSModule.cfg fixes the issue.

Fixed in PR 313

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, DoktorKrogg said:

Fixed in PR 313

Until the PR is accepted, is the solution offered by jd284, above, the correct one?

Never mind, I should have read the PR.

Edited by Brigadier
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To continue on from the general thread.... about different kerbals popping into my craft.

Not sure how this is related to USI LS, as it's not running out of supplies. The log posted earlier shows 3 kerbals in my ship but I had no one on board when launching (and all parts that can hold kerbals are empty after checking the  "transfer crew" option). When I had normal crew and they were replaced by tourists, I still had LS supplies on board.

link to log:  http://dasher.nl/kerbal/log.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

To continue on from the general thread.... about different kerbals popping into my craft.

Not sure how this is related to USI LS, as it's not running out of supplies. The log posted earlier shows 3 kerbals in my ship but I had no one on board when launching (and all parts that can hold kerbals are empty after checking the  "transfer crew" option). When I had normal crew and they were replaced by tourists, I still had LS supplies on board.

link to log:  http://dasher.nl/kerbal/log.zip

If you had nobody on board when launching and Kerbals suddenly appeared - that's not USI-LS.  They probably went tourist (which IS USI-LS) because their initial state was not logged because of whatever made them magically appear post-launch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just coming back after a bit of a break. I am having a problem I don't remember from earlier versions. When my Kerbals leave the mother ship in a lander after making interplanetary transfer the Engineer and the Scientist both go to zero hab time while the Pilot gets the customary 7d grace period. Is this intended behavior? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Somehow supplies are not first used from tanks set to a higher flow priority but across all tanks equally.

Do I need another setting besides flow priority for life support resources? Or maybe it not intended to work at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alioth81 said:

Somehow supplies are not first used from tanks set to a higher flow priority but across all tanks equally.

Do I need another setting besides flow priority for life support resources? Or maybe it not intended to work at all?

The latter :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...